• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

'Revelations' from SDP EGM last night

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha....preventing MCF is a tune that is repeated at every election...
so csj must be slumberland all this while (last 20yrs) and just woke up yesterday....
this is what happen when u try to dig yourself out of a hole.

In fact you are right that he has been in slumber land the last 20 over years. Otherwise why was he not only digging his own grave, but his sister's, his family and his party supporter?

I think at least this time he knows what meaning he should be planting for the action his take and exit strategy. the whole event now let them shows:

1) SDP willing to reach out and negotiate with other parties for co-existence;
2) WP is arogant and unwilling to work with other oppositions;
3) SDP listen to voice of the people;
4) SDP willing to compromise for the sake of bigger whole.

I mean it is a one bird many stones.

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another thing about "politicians" in Singapore is that they are highly stubborn and would think that they know more than you. Your opinion won't be accepted unless yours is the same aas theirs.

Like I said before, there is no opposition unity in Singapore. How can there be when they won't even talk to each other?

I'm not here to influence opinions. And if I wanted to do that, writing to them directly is not the way to do it. It's much easier to be an astroturfer. Just keep on pounding away at your keyboard, write stuff that gets linked on singaporedaily, pound the comments section, if people don't agree with you, hound them until they shut up. This will create an artificial environment of consensus. Then they'll look see look see and think that it was their idea. It's much better to be an internet brigade than to try to talk to politicians.

People who are not stubborn in the first place will not be joining opposition politics. It is a given that they are stubborn. But they have a lot to learn from this episode, and they have to learn how to work together. "Opposition Unity" may or may not be real, but the fact that the average voter thinks that it is important is very real. So they have to learn how to maintain that facade. It is still an important thing.

At the rate that PAP is fucking up, the opposition could find themselves in power sooner than expected, and if by then they are still so childish and bickering then as Singaporeans we are all fucked.

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm not here to influence opinions. And if I wanted to do that, writing to them directly is not the way to do it. It's much easier to be an astroturfer. Just keep on pounding away at your keyboard, write stuff that gets linked on singaporedaily, pound the comments section, if people don't agree with you, hound them until they shut up. This will create an artificial environment of consensus. Then they'll look see look see and think that it was their idea. It's much better to be an internet brigade than to try to talk to politicians.

People who are not stubborn in the first place will not be joining opposition politics. It is a given that they are stubborn. But they have a lot to learn from this episode, and they have to learn how to work together. "Opposition Unity" may or may not be real, but the fact that the average voter thinks that it is important is very real. So they have to learn how to maintain that facade. It is still an important thing.

At the rate that PAP is fucking up, the opposition could find themselves in power sooner than expected, and if by then they are still so childish and bickering then as Singaporeans we are all fucked.

Well, good luck to you on your strategy.

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, good luck to you on your strategy.

Well like I said, I'm not here to influence opinions. Also when I earlier said that you were "egging them on" I meant it in the sense of being vocally supportive without expecting to influence the outcome - like people cheering for a football match in front of a TV.

I'm not talking about anybody trying to influence political leaders until you brought up that subject.

Last edited:

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal

hahaha....this is 1 big wayang..
even kukubird can see that wp will move according to its agenda ( as shown in GE2011).....only those delusional and BS anal-yst failed to do so.
even the most kuku knows that negotiation is best done behind close door and not thru the SCM/social media while negotiation is in progress.....
even the most kuku can see that sdp proposal for win-win-win is rubbish..

actually all sdp supporters should ask csj to account for the wanton wastage of money (printing of posters, conducting high profile walkabouts; etc...).

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
SDP was a goner the minute Chee joined the party back in the 1980s. It can never recover fully unless all the Chee amily, supporters, believers and documents are burnt away.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think at least this time he knows what meaning he should be planting for the action his take and exit strategy. the whole event now let them shows:

For this to work, first it must be WP intruding into their "territory" like pasir panjang, a ward that SDP has been cultivating for years. Then SDP give way to WP. Then people will be convinced that SDP is the one willing to compromise.

But this time, SDP went to punggol east, a ward that WP has been cultivating for years... This CSJ has truly low EQ.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For this to work, first it must be WP intruding into their "territory" like pasir panjang, a ward that SDP has been cultivating for years. Then SDP give way to WP. Then people will be convinced that SDP is the one willing to compromise.

But this time, SDP went to punggol east, a ward that WP has been cultivating for years... This CSJ has truly low EQ.

It's like going into somebody's house that he has been eyeing for the past two years, made several offers, checked with the bank etc and was about to buy, ask him to get lost so that he can occupy that for the next three years but give him the chance to do the area cleaning if he likes it so much. In the end, he changes his mind because there is no management agent and he has to do all the area cleaning and rubbish clearing himself. So he tells that somebody:, "Now you can have the house back. I am not interested but you should thank me for not forcing you to part with it."

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's like going into somebody's house that he has been eyeing for the past two years, made several offers, checked with the bank etc and was about to buy, ask him to get lost so that he can occupy that for the next three years but give him the chance to do the area cleaning if he likes it so much. In the end, he changes his mind because there is no management agent and he has to do all the area cleaning and rubbish clearing himself. So he tells that somebody:, "Now you can have the house back. I am not interested but you should thank me for not forcing you to part with it."

It's important to remember that neither of these two people actually own the house.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's important to remember that neither of these two people actually own the house.

Yes but if that fellow who is supposed to be your friend, or at least a partner with a common goal, had been doing a lot of work, checking with the banks, done valuation, checked fengshui, took measurements, went to check on furniture, interior designers and put in a down payment, I would say it is, I do not like to use this word, unethical to try to take it from him regardless of what he had already done. That was why so many of his supporters were so upset with this lack of uprightness. Change the example from house to girlfriend, you will realise that the ethical issue is even worse. That is why many analysts are saying his political future is finished. He beggars his neighbour and he cannot be relied upon. To be kind to him, you may say he was foolish. But actually he is hubris.

liangshan

Alfrescian
Loyal
In fact you are right that he has been in slumber land the last 20 over years. Otherwise why was he not only digging his own grave, but his sister's, his family and his party supporter?

I do not see how this makes SDP more credible after what they have done. Pulling out was just a last minute decision to prevent more screwups after the backlash they received earlier for calling out WP.

The proposal to WP was just to make them look bad. It did not make WP look arrogant. I don't see silence as arrogance.

Low Thia Khiang declined to respond when asked about SDP's indecision to withdraw. He clarified again that there was no meeting at all between SDP and WP. Low also said "I have been in his circle (politics) for many years."

If you still don't get what he's trying to say, it means he has seen all kind of people and tactics during his political career. He knows all their patterns.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
I do not see how this makes SDP more credible after what they have done. Pulling out was just a last minute decision to prevent more screwups after the backlash they received earlier for calling out WP.

The proposal to WP was just to make them look bad. It did not make WP look arrogant. I don't see silence as arrogance.

Low Thia Khiang declined to respond when asked about SDP's indecision to withdraw. He clarified again that there was no meeting at all between SDP and WP. Low also said "I have been in his circle (politics) for many years."

If you still don't get what he's trying to say, it means he has seen all kind of people and tactics during his political career. He knows all their patterns.

This "joint candidate thingy" makes his WB-IMF stunt look like peanuts

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha......mr chee, you are right to say that it is as important to listen as to speak.
now unless your are deaf....u should have heard the voices of singaporean urging you to step down...so what are you going to do???

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well like I said, I'm not here to influence opinions. Also when I earlier said that you were "egging them on" I meant it in the sense of being vocally supportive without expecting to influence the outcome - like people cheering for a football match in front of a TV.

I'm not talking about anybody trying to influence political leaders until you brought up that subject.

Then you need to read my entries properly. I merely states my understanding of the situation and that 1) SDP is not the only one competing with WP on opposition camp; 2) The goal of SDP, RP and SDA is not aiming to win the ward but to ensure WP have a difficult time in this BE and 3) Pushing WP to dialogue. I wasalmost scoring full marks on the prediction if SDP did not pull out on the last minute due to "them listening to the Singaporeans' voices".

the very fact that many here jump in to attack anyone with different opinion than one to one fight already can see that no one is confident that WP will prevail and that the 41% does not all belong to WP. If WP is that good as a brand and their message is accepted by the majotiy in Punggol East residents, you won't even worry if it is a 6 corner fight.

Btw, Football is also not my interest.

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal

FYI, it is already working. FYI, netizens are very grateful and thanking SDP made the right decision not to contest in PE.

Seriously, having contested in the ward does not make WP the default owner of the constituency. Even if the other parties pull out, WP will be seeing 2 independent "hopefuls" to dilute its share, 5% from each candidates will be more than enough to kill WP's hope for one more seat in parliament.

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal

are you saying that Punggol East is WP's house? Funny, last I recall, it is PAP's house ad the owner has just walked out, WP happens to be the first robber breaking into the house and it is telling others to stop breaking in as it will end up with lesser spoilts.

Bare in mind that WP failed to pick the lock to gain entry and it is SDP which successfully picking the lock and got the door opened.

Last edited:

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
are you saying that Punggol East is WP's house? Funny, last I recall, it is PAP's house ad the owner has just walked out, WP happens to be the first robber breaking into the house and it is telling others to stop breaking in as it will end up with lesser spoilts.

The facts are clear:

1. HG belongs to WP. Staying out of HG – as SDP did by being the first to announce its intention not to contest – is a sign of opposition unity.

2. PE belongs to PAP. Every oppo party has a right to send in its best candidate to contest there, if you believe in the democratic process.

Where SDP screwed up was publicising its attempts at a joint candidacy with WP instead of negotiating privately, thus damaging its chances. But in the end the withdrawal, while embarrassing, has won it a lot of goodwill (as seen in the online comments) and was the right move. It can now conserve its resources and live to fight another day.

SDP should just regroup, work the ground hard and come out roaring in GE2016.

Last edited:

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Then you need to read my entries properly. I merely states my understanding of the situation and that 1) SDP is not the only one competing with WP on opposition camp; 2) The goal of SDP, RP and SDA is not aiming to win the ward but to ensure WP have a difficult time in this BE and 3) Pushing WP to dialogue. I wasalmost scoring full marks on the prediction if SDP did not pull out on the last minute due to "them listening to the Singaporeans' voices".

the very fact that many here jump in to attack anyone with different opinion than one to one fight already can see that no one is confident that WP will prevail and that the 41% does not all belong to WP. If WP is that good as a brand and their message is accepted by the majotiy in Punggol East residents, you won't even worry if it is a 6 corner fight.

Btw, Football is also not my interest.

Well many things are not clear.

1. You think that SDP is going to compete in the BE? (actually yes, so you're wrong)
2. You think that it is a good thing for the opposition if SDP is going to compete in the BE?
3. You think that it is a good thing for SDP if SDP is going to compete in the BE?
4. You think that SDP should compete in the BE?
5. You think that RP / SDA is competing in the BE to raise their own profiles?
6. You think that RP / SDA is competing in the BE to screw WP?

Also we only know that RP and SDA are competing. We do not know why they competed. Your statement that RP and SDA are giving WP a hard time is uncertain.

I didn't say that football is your interest hor.

My opinion (and also the opinion of many people) is that in a straight fight, WP has a small chance of winning. In a MCF, WP has 0 chance of winning.

This is a forum, anybody can attack anybody as long as good reasons are given. If you don't like it you shouldn't hang around.