• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Retired SPH editor starts FB page for boycotting SPH!

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's all about timing.

Same as the bullshit Rotary Club who chose to announce a donation to build toilets during Desmond Choo's by-election campaign. Isn't this a very obvious political donation? So if people say better late than never, they should not criticize Rotary Club for its timing as well.

At least he felt guilty and come out to talk. Better than those keep quite.
I still respect him. But not to the extreme.
The only one person I respect most in CNA is Melissa Hyak(where is she now)
That fucker bitch Debra Soon. Is CCB dog.

MightyMouse

Alfrescian
Loyal
He is 65 years old. He enjoyed the benefits and perks of working under SPH for decades without mouthing a word. Now that he has finished ripping off his ex-company, he is bullshitting about the company?

Ungrateful and opportunistic at best.

Making a living and ripping off the company is 2 quite different things. And given that you do not know who this person is, it is a bit presumptuous to assume that he had it good during his stint in SPH. Who knows, maybe his conscience has been suffering all these while as he is forced to do and write things against his better judgment.

Not everyone can be a hero. Even the famed Ngiam Tong Dow started speaking out in public after his retirement. On our part, we should be more embracing and gather more supporters and ammo as this is a long term battle to fight against the tyranny of the ruling party.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Spot on, how can you trust someone who has been lying to the masses for the past 30 years and betrayed his masters now. There are no honor among thieves anymore

I agree with you on this.The fucker had milked the system for 30 yrs.and 30 yrs is no small measure; almost a generation.If only had people like them stood up to LKY than we would not be in this state of affairs.It's only when they retire they show some consciousness.What good is that now?

If I were a judge.My sentence will be no lesser than who are now perpetrating the same crime.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I hope you say the same thing when a rapist confess and admit his guilt when he does something to your wife or daughter. Otherwise, you are merely paying lip service.
I was referring to the judge....and how he will sentence the criminal.
In the event of a gang rape of your female family members and police are unable to solve the crime...
If one of the rapists comes forward to confess and gives incriminating evidence leading to the arrest of the mastermind and others likely he will be given a lighter sentence than the rest, whether the victims like it or not.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Confession and admission of guilt should be mitigating factors.

i think you grossly misunderstood the meaning of mitigation.

You admit the guilt and so confess when your crime is either a rash act or realize your folly soon after;the emphasis on soon.

Now,if you confess only after having enjoyed the ill gotten gain being fully spent than everybody on this earth can get away committing crimes.Thus the meaning of mitigation totally lost.

In fact,my sentence would be longer for this fucker for having set an example.Because,if not, everybody would than think its better to commit crimes since you can get away with confessions.Even God has HIS standards.HE does not forgive 30 yrs of continuous criminal living.

oioi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nett of this is that someone who was in the original system (SPH) has come out and shed light on how the machine works. Take it for what its worth, but I for one, am appreciative for that.

As to what he gained during his time, and what not, though is interesting, is rather irrelevant given the situation where Singapore is at. We are already starved for the real picture for so long. He could have stayed silent like many.

Of course, one could also cast stones at him and undermine and extinguish that little spark. Too many people do that.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
This guy is a terrible scumbag. For more than 30 years, when he had the ability to make a change, he chose to keep quiet and enjoyed milking the benefits from SPH. Now, perhaps he got a lousy retirement package or some other reasons, he chose to badmouth and screw the same company that fed him for 30 years.

Irregardless of whether SPH is a prostitute press or not, this is truly deplorable.

I hope they find this son of a bitch and screw him real bad.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i think you grossly misunderstood the meaning of mitigation.

You admit the guilt and so confess when your crime is either a rash act or realize your folly soon after;the emphasis on soon.

Now,if you confess only after having enjoyed the ill gotten gain being fully spent than everybody on this earth can get away committing crimes.Thus the meaning of mitigation totally lost.

In fact,my sentence would be longer for this fucker for having set an example.Because,if not, everybody would than think its better to commit crimes since you can get away with confessions.Even God has HIS standards.HE does not forgive 30 yrs of continuous criminal living.

If his actions can wake up more of the daft ones and start a momentum for whistleblower to come forward and lead to the ultimate downfall of the leegime....then I say go for it.

He is not a mastermind just a clog in the wheel of a big machinery.
Police have their own suspects turned prosecution witnesses as well....some granted immunity in exchange for testimony.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
If his actions can wake up more of the daft ones and start a momentum for whistleblower to come forward and lead to the ultimate downfall of the leegime....then I say go for it.

He is not a mastermind just a clog in the wheel of a big machinery.
Police have their own suspects turned prosecution witnesses as well....some granted immunity in exchange for testimony.

He was not a paper boy or some small-time journalist. He was an editor. I'm not sure if you know how many balls you have to suck and lick to get to that position.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This guy is a terrible scumbag. For more than 30 years, when he had the ability to make a change, he chose to keep quiet and enjoyed milking the benefits from SPH. Now, perhaps he got a lousy retirement package or some other reasons, he chose to badmouth and screw the same company that fed him for 30 years.

Irregardless of whether SPH is a prostitute press or not, this is truly deplorable.

I hope they find this son of a bitch and screw him real bad.

Look at the bigger picture.
Call him a traitor if you like but to defeat the leegime we need more people like him to come forward.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He was not a paper boy or some small-time journalist. He was an editor. I'm not sure if you know how many balls you have to suck and lick to get to that position.

All the more his testimony will have more juice.
Juice that we need to bring down the leegime.
I am not saying to forgive or pardon him but his coming forward is a positive development.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Call him a traitor if you like but to defeat the leegime we need more people like him to come forward.

I won't call him a traitor. He is worse than a dog.

If i could use an analogy, it will be a child being brought up by his parents for 30 years. Through the 30 years, he was fed and clothed and given an education. After he has achieved financial independence, he spit at his parents and say they are lousy.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If i could use an analogy, it will be a child being brought up by his parents for 30 years. Through the 30 years, he was fed and clothed and given an education. After he has achieved financial independence, he spit at his parents and say they are lousy.

in this instance, its poetic justice as the parents were evil doers themselves.......serve them right.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Nett of this is that someone who was in the original system (SPH) has come out and shed light on how the machine works. Take it for what its worth, but I for one, am appreciative for that.

As to what he gained during his time, and what not, though is interesting, is rather irrelevant given the situation where Singapore is at. We are already starved for the real picture for so long. He could have stayed silent like many.

Of course, one could also cast stones at him and undermine and extinguish that little spark. Too many people do that.

He is just rehashing what we ALREADY know about MSM. I need not need this motherfucker to tell me that the earth has been part of the universe for the past 30 years and beyond. Stones? Treacherous journalist/editors like him get bags of shit from me.

Just for him, i'll renounce my sins and then proceed to throw shit at him anyway

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

While your argument has its own merits, you need people who has been in the system to beat the system. Let us think of the various reasons why he has decided to come out of the closet.

1. Rich enough
2. Old enough
3. Found his voice and conscience after 30 years.

He has been a real waste of space and resources to do this now. Despite my animosity towards PAP and SPH, i have bigger gripes with betrayers.

keling is shit

Alfrescian
Loyal

You know Tonychat in real life? How did you know this?:biggrin: