• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Retired SPH editor starts FB page for boycotting SPH!

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
He is 65 years old. He enjoyed the benefits and perks of working under SPH for decades without mouthing a word. Now that he has finished ripping off his ex-company, he is bullshitting about the company?

Ungrateful and opportunistic at best.

I am very much in agreement. Simply put : He bit the hands that fed him.

There is nothing to be opportunistic about him though, unless he wants to be an MP earning $17,000 a month or a President earning $4 million a year.

That's the problem with many S'poreans in general. Once they feel secure, they start to feel very self-assured - cocky - and start to prick here and there. They forgot to appreciate the very people and institutions that create or build their security (financially, knowledgeable, self-confidence, etc).

A fine example is the few who migrate to Iskandar, a place where the cost of living is apparently much lower. They forget that their ability to buy a larger house they aspire is the result - directly or indirectly - of the government's efforts that launch them. These include creating job opportunities in Singapore that pay them well to afford a house that they find difficult to own in their own country (obviously there are many others earning much more than them); building a strong Singapore dollar that can translate into 2.4 times the currency of their neighbour, providing a heavily subsidised public education that is good and cheap, or on a personal level giving them baby bonuses and tax relief for having more children. Or a passport that is recognised in most countries without a need for a visa. The list is endless.

It's non-issue with me if they migrate to any place in the world - it's only when they hurl insults at theirs - and mine - own government or country. Obviously some are unaware that by hurling insults at their own country, they are not going to be made a hero by their host country. They'll simply boomerang back to them.

All said and done, one cannot live in Singapore, breathe the Singapore air, grow up in the land of their birth, go through the same school system and national service - and then say, "No, I am different from the rest of Singaporeans in outlook and in values".

Look at their comments in the other thread and you know what I mean: Singapore still remains their point of reference or standard - the workmanship of their house, the quality of the drinking water, the standard of the food or personal safety and security.

They are as FTs as the FTs (the bad and ugly as well as the good) in Singapore.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who're the cocky fucking bastards here? Whose toil and sweat and blood helped these MIW to their present lifestyle and positions? Whose toil and sweat and taxes allowed them to send their sons and daughters to Ivy league Univs in the West? Whose interests shall they be protecting? Foreigners or locals? Who ought to be more circumspect and grateful? Did the MIWs build up this country with their money from their pockets? Sheeeeze! Bite what hand? Don't make nonsensical statements and dubious generalisations or use inappropriate examples.

Choosing an appropriate time to speak up is not biting the hand that fed you. It is being pragmatic. What's the use if you are thrown in jail? Nothing wrong to speak up now if one thinks that the enemy is weak and one is strong.

me005

Alfrescian
Loyal
old chinese sayings "老而不死,是为贼“

大意是说:年老了还迟迟不死,这样的人简直就是世上的祸害

WHY HE HAVEN'T DIE YET? I WANT NATIONAL HOLIDAY!!!
:mad:

lee-kuan-yew.jpg

老不死的赖皮!!!!

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Cannot blame him. Need to feed family and even if he write something bad regard SG during his time, sure thru into dustbin.
He should come out talk infront of the press during LTK talk about useless MediaCorp and SPG. That will making people laugh and hate PAP gov.

hi there

1. hahaha!
2. never too late for some dogs or daft sheep.
3. to repent & have some conscience on past deeds.