• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Renovation to your homes

Lptang24

Alfrescian
Loyal
I understand Bluguard doesnt have an office in Johor. When my husband called they said they focus around KL area.Were you able to get themto do a site visit to give you a quotation? Do you have a local contact?Doorguard is located in kulai. I wonder is it important to get a company that is local, as in Johor for easier more reliable maintenance?

So far from my experience with suntech, they are alright. I had a problem with the alarm system and had to call them. Made an appointment and they sent a tech to help resolve the problem on the same day.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
something to bear in mind... not sure whether this extends to renovation projects and what impact it has on cost/quality of work...

Triads have been harassing contractors for ages - the Star
“If contractors refuse to pay gang members, will the police protect us? What will they do about contractors who have been bullied?” he asked.

Hi Jetstream, this normally is for the big contractors doing work for developers, etc. Normally the contractor one uses for own renovation are too small to attract the attention of the triads.

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
So far from my experience with suntech, they are alright. I had a problem with the alarm system and had to call them. Made an appointment and they sent a tech to help resolve the problem on the same day.

Thanks for the feedback. Sounds good.

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Am looking for fans. I notice Fanco and Elmark are popular in MY. Any recommendations?Also, I presume its cheaper in MY then SG? Would appreciate any info of lobangs.

Stevewish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Am looking for fans. I notice Fanco and Elmark are popular in MY. Any recommendations?Also, I presume its cheaper in MY then SG? Would appreciate any info of lobangs.

KDK fan is quieter and produce better breeze.

For ceiling fan, I think it is suitable for hall or living room or big space area. In a room with ceiling fan, I feel odd.

Last edited:

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
KDK fan is quieter and produce better breeze.

For ceiling fan, I think it is suitable for hall or living room or big space area. In a room with ceiling fan, I feel odd.

Tks. My husband is also keen on KDK. Cheaper in JB I guess.Our master is evry big, bigger than most living rooms. So we will need a fan. I take your point abt samller rooms, but my family members are quiet used to having a fan so likely we'll install smaller ones.

aliensmotor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Prefered ceiling fan. You will regret if you bought standing type. So "chuk tian" Lol. Mostly malaysian houses will prefer ceiling type.

Tks. My husband is also keen on KDK. Cheaper in JB I guess.Our master is evry big, bigger than most living rooms. So we will need a fan. I take your point abt samller rooms, but my family members are quiet used to having a fan so likely we'll install smaller ones.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Prefered ceiling fan. You will regret if you bought standing type. So "chuk tian" Lol. Mostly malaysian houses will prefer ceiling type.

Definitely ceiling fan is good, but you will need to install false ceiling to add the down lights at the sides to reduce strobing effect.

macbookair

Alfrescian
Loyal

Elmark ( regency) 56'' fan was selling at rm188 each at ion lighting with 5yrs warranty . Located at the row of shophouse just b4 giant coming from direction of sutera mall.

Bought 10, looks ok n very strong wind at high speed.

Also was told Panasonic n kdk fans are the same manufacturer, just that Panasonic is cheaper.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone knowswhere the showroom folks gets their designer furniture from? Some say it's custom designed. Damn nice but hard to find. Do you guys think it's worth it to fly to GuangZhou to buy from the source since most are made there. Heard it's pretty cheap. And they are quite well verse in shipping overseas.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Elmark ( regency) 56'' fan was selling at rm188 each at ion lighting with 5yrs warranty . Located at the row of shophouse just b4 giant coming from direction of sutera mall.

Bought 10, looks ok n very strong wind at high speed.

Also was told Panasonic n kdk fans are the same manufacturer, just that Panasonic is cheaper.

I hoot 7 units of Deka ceiling fans yesterday for RM2500 at Star World, Tampoi. Hope it is good buy. One of them can use bluetooth play music.

Last edited:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone knowswhere the showroom folks gets their designer furniture from? Some say it's custom designed. Damn nice but hard to find. Do you guys think it's worth it to fly to GuangZhou to buy from the source since most are made there. Heard it's pretty cheap. And they are quite well verse in shipping overseas.

It depends on what type of furniture. Most kitchens, TV consoles, wardrobes in showrooms are custom built. There are a no. of factories in Mount Austin doing custom built furniture.

For me, I custom built the wet/dry kitchens, master bedroom wardrobes, TV consoles. I purchased the other stuff from various sources like Lorenzo, Rustica, I-benz....

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
but ceiling fan is much more difficult to clean .

Actually ceiling fans not as difficult to clean as it seem, just use a ladder and rotate the fan blade, using wet toilet papers to wipe off the dust balls first, then use a wet cloth to give it second wipe. Easier than standing fan that need to remove the covers front and back.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually ceiling fans not as difficult to clean as it seem, just use a ladder and rotate the fan blade, using wet toilet papers to wipe off the dust balls first, then use a wet cloth to give it second wipe. Easier than standing fan that need to remove the covers front and back.

Fall from ladder is not fun, especially if the ceiling fan is located 3m+ above the ground for my units.

Lyc396

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agreed. Ceiling fan is so much easier to clean using your method. Just be more careful when stand on ladder to clean. Personally, think that ceiling fan is a must in every rooms as Malaysia weather is hotter and ceiling seems to be higher.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Agreed. Ceiling fan is so much easier to clean using your method. Just be more careful when stand on ladder to clean. Personally, think that ceiling fan is a must in every rooms as Malaysia weather is hotter and ceiling seems to be higher.

When the weather is extremely hot, it doesnt really help even if u on the fan. U get hot air. Aircond still the best choice, imo.