• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Renovation to your homes

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
i have 3 sliding doors and a lot of single / double windows all over my house leh ....
thanks for sharing yr contact.

Oh, you were not asking for my grill contractor. I blur. Nevermind you can just call him. Hollow center though.

I have 2 sets of sliding grills, one main door grill and many many window grills.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh, you were not asking for my grill contractor. I blur. Nevermind you can just call him. Hollow center though.

I have 2 sets of sliding grills, one main door grill and many many window grills.

huh ? i asked both of u ....
But how come wrought irons are hollow ?
thanks for the contacts !

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
btw , my pricing includes the toilet grilles and a back door at the wet kitchen ....

Mine got no backdoor. But toilets included. They calculate price per square meter/feet. You can use that as a basis. I'm going up this Friday to renovate, so I hope I can rem to take some photos to show you.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mine got no backdoor. But toilets included. They calculate price per square meter/feet. You can use that as a basis. I'm going up this Friday to renovate, so I hope I can rem to take some photos to show you.

renovate ? i thought u are done ?

Ok thanks in advance for the pics ....

i should not rush to do grilles reno ..... but i am behind schedule coz this week suppose to start electrician works and grilles can install 2 weeks later if i confirm now ....
no grilles cant install aircons , fans , heaters etc
haiz ....

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

i should not rush to do grilles reno ..... but i am behind schedule coz this week suppose to start electrician works and grilles can install 2 weeks later if i confirm now ....
haiz ....

Very behind schedule due to late possession of unit n busy schedule, but i take my time...

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

haiz ....

If you intend to paint the entire house, you will need to do repainting works first before installing grilles. Developer's paint usually cant last 1, as its 粉漆。

marineblue911

Alfrescian
Loyal
I understand from my contractor that there is no real wrought iron used in JB. Its just steel but better quality. It will still rust, esp the joints where there is welding. The welds are definitely not rust proof.

Powder coating helps tremendously but its just a coating over the steel. If there is any crack in the coating or scratch, moisture will get in and cause the steel to rust. But it cuts rust down by a lot. Unless it is outdoors subject to rain n sun, I believe powder coated steel will last many years without rusting. However, the white colour powder coat is known to yellow.

Another treatment I did for my gate is to galvanise the steel. It helps prolong the rust free period. Adds another 500 or so to the cost. This is more for outdoor metal gates and stuff. Indoor no point I guess. Powder coat should be sufficient.

Aluminium is really soft and can be easily cut by bolt cutters. Hence not much use as security. Another security feature is to install an alarm with a motion sensor. Any motion in the drive way or balcony will trigger the alarm.

Cheers

getting more n more confused abt grilles materials :

was quoted steel materials with thicker powder coating , but still will rust in long run ?
they dun do aluminum materials like in sg , although can cut but rust free.
wrough iron cols are not into my likings .

Stevewish

Alfrescian
Loyal
sounds like reasonable cost leh, but whether the powder coated wrought iron grilles are solid (实心) or hollow (空心) inside, also plays a part in the cost. Usually powder coated grilles wont rust so easily, unless scratched badly.

Aluminium grilles are more ex, & more vulnerable to break-ins but they wont rust. Overall, I figured 实心 powder coated wrought iron grilles are gd enough for me, at least for 10-15 years.

The namecard is with my JB in-laws now. Can only PM you over weekend.... haha

Yes, powder coated grilles wont rust easily except the welding parts/joints. You 'll notice it start to have some fine rust in a couple of months for indoor installation. If use for outdoor better do a good one. Very expensive to go stainless steel esp high grade type. I think galvanizing with powder coat is good enough.

Last edited:

Fire3

Alfrescian
Loyal
Has anyone engaged the ID / Renovation service of Sky Creation or Oriwise ? If so, appreciate your sharing of experience. Thanks

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Has anyone engaged the ID / Renovation service of Sky Creation or Oriwise ? If so, appreciate your sharing of experience. Thanks

If budget is not an issue for you, I think you can consider Oriwise. Prepare to set aside at least RM 150K for renovation works, excluding furnishing.

nameno

Alfrescian
Loyal
May I know what is the price range for kitchen renovation, i.e., price for solid surface per ft run and price for bottom & top cabinet per ft run using formica/aluminium glass?

Fire3

Alfrescian
Loyal
If budget is not an issue for you, I think you can consider Oriwise. Prepare to set aside at least RM 150K for renovation works, excluding furnishing.

Thanks. Cost wise, both about the same. 150k - 200k for design + all carpentry work, excluding furniture. What's your experience with Oriwise? Quality good ? Sky Creation is from S'pore with factory in Kulai, their works were impressive too and had numerous award / quality cert from S'pore (at least from the photo shown during the homefair)

What about lanscape, any suggestion on reliable guy ?

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks. Cost wise, both about the same. 150k - 200k for design + all carpentry work, excluding furniture. What's your experience with Oriwise? Quality good ? Sky Creation is from S'pore with factory in Kulai, their works were impressive too and had numerous award / quality cert from S'pore (at least from the photo shown during the homefair)

Wow you guys strike TOTO huh ? 200K , still not inclusive of landscaping, furnishing ?

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

I think Oriwise's quality is not too bad. But I was extremely pissed off by their attitude. We didnt want to appear well-off for obvious reasons, but the lady kept belittling us by saying they dont sell design drawings to people who cant afford their renovation but liked their design, and that whatever we wanted to do would be "very expensive for us". I had an urge to throw my bank statement in her face to shut her up, but in the end decided to smile and walk away. That said, their design's not too bad.

On Sky Creation, my wife said they are much more friendly (I was overseas), but obviously in JB, Oriwise would be more recognised if you can tahan their attitude. Which we cant. haha

Oh, forgot to add that for decking works etc, we are considering Supercool. http://www.supercool.com.my/

Last edited: