• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Renovation to your homes

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
I didn't rewire my house; too big of a job to do and high chance, very costly. Just added on wires for additional lights, fans, heaters, pump and airconds.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Usually developer's wires not enough if you want to do downlights, aircon, wet/dry kitchen, extra electrical points etc etc.....

I only added wires for additional points, but did not replace what the developer had given me. So far so good.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Usually developer's wires not enough if you want to do downlights, aircon, wet/dry kitchen, extra electrical points etc etc.....

ah huh.. think need to add extra points on top of the original and also some original wires also not that good...:rolleyes:

kiam sia.. Vin,ah Reds and 12.:p

Last edited:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Q:Siang install Cassette Air Conditioner (ceiling mounted), kee chiu..! good and bad. :biggrin:

More for living room area lah...... other areas not needed. Its a necessity if the living room is big and you cant stand heat.......Most restaurants will have cassette bcos it cools a large area much better.....

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cassette type requires deep false ceiling. Not advisable. Wall type air con + Ceiling fan cool down my living room really fast!

Last edited:

Legolad

Alfrescian
Loyal
Q:Siang install Cassette Air Conditioner (ceiling mounted), kee chiu..! good and bad. :biggrin:

More for living room area lah...... other areas not needed. Its a necessity if the living room is big and you cant stand heat.......Most restaurants will have cassette bcos it cools a large area much better.....

Cassette type requires deep false ceiling. Not advisable. Wall type air con + Ceiling fan cool down my living room really fast!

I wanted a wall mounted air cond (inverter model) for my living room (same as existing one, 2 hp) as I liked that it is easier to clean & maintain. However, when my contractor saw the old air cond, he told me that it was under-powered for my large living room and that I will need another wall mounted air cond (different location) or a more powerful one to have any decent cooling. A more powerful 2.5 hp one does not have an inverter model.
To install an additional wall mounted air con will require a new additional location for the compressor and additional piping. Finally, I decided on a cassette type as I can use back the old mounting location for the compressor.
So far, it is performing better than I expected - quiet (including the compressor), fast cooling, looks nice in the living room and frees up space on my wall for other uses.
Hope this helps.

cascadia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Personally I feel Dewani is pretty structured in its work scheduling, but my own preference for design is Creative Touch and Oriwise (if budget is not an issue). Both designers do a lot of showhouses too.

what abt hong lee, morse design etc?

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
2.5hp is too high. I prefer to split into 1.5hp (living room) n 1hp (dining/dry kitchen) for better control over which space I want to cool. Add a ceiling fan n u will feel that a 1.5hp is already very cooling below e fan n aircon.

cascadia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not sure abt Morse Design, but Hong Lee's kitchen is really quite ex. I did their aluminium grilles only. There's another ID that I thought looks quite gd, but they do more commercial then residential I think. Nine Tree Architecture.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Nine-Tree-Architecture-Sdn-Bhd/176859038993551

Do u have creative touch contact? Cannot find the contact of it.

Did u ever look for dewani, creative touch, nine tree architecture and oriwise to do the interior design? Are their price and workmanship ok? Mind to share more on each of them? Thanks in advance.

Looking for interior design to do my dry, wet kitchen, courtyard, living and master bedroom. Looking for one stop company with worth for money price, and qualify product and workmanship.

Last edited:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do u have creative touch contact? Cannot find the contact of it.

Did u ever look for dewani, creative touch, nine tree architecture and oriwise to do the interior design? Are their price and workmanship ok? Mind to share more on each of them? Thanks in advance.

Looking for interior design to do my dry, wet kitchen, courtyard, living and master bedroom. Looking for one stop company with worth for money price, and qualify product and workmanship.

Welcome to the start of the headaches. We spoke and obtained quotes from a few, including Dewani, Sky Creation, Oriwise. Some are willing to give written quotes but some are not willing. Creative Touch was recommended by my lawyer for another purchase, AFTER I had already renovated the house. Their showflat was quite good but closed now.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Creative-Touch-Design-Project-Management/113855702013825

For showhouse feel, I think Oriwise should be a safe bet but budget must be solid, eg RM 200-250K. I saw some cafes designed by Nine Tree, again AFTER I renovated. Those cafes are quite classy & modern.

Lastly, due to budget constraints, we went with a freelance instead of all of the above (big mistake) and we had to virtually treat the ID as a main contractor, as we basically designed everything, using pictures from internet.

Cisco

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not sure abt Morse Design, but Hong Lee's kitchen is really quite ex. I did their aluminium grilles only. There's another ID that I thought looks quite gd, but they do more commercial then residential I think. Nine Tree Architecture.

thanks for the info.

Mummymoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Does anyone know where I can get gas bbq grills in JB?

bbqgrill1.jpg
bbgrill2.jpg

cascadia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Welcome to the start of the headaches. We spoke and obtained quotes from a few, including Dewani, Sky Creation, Oriwise. Some are willing to give written quotes but some are not willing. Creative Touch was recommended by my lawyer for another purchase, AFTER I had already renovated the house. Their showflat was quite good but closed now.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Creative-Touch-Design-Project-Management/113855702013825

For showhouse feel, I think Oriwise should be a safe bet but budget must be solid, eg RM 200-250K. I saw some cafes designed by Nine Tree, again AFTER I renovated. Those cafes are quite classy & modern.

Lastly, due to budget constraints, we went with a freelance instead of all of the above (big mistake) and we had to virtually treat the ID as a main contractor, as we basically designed everything, using pictures from internet.

Ic so u didn't really use one stop interior design. But in terms of cost, the freelance on full looked for, is it really cheaper by a lot compare to one stop? Are u satisfied with the work design and workmanship?

I already have the quotation from hong lee, dry and wet kitchen they quoted about rm2xk, now waiting for them to come and measure for master bed room to do the walk in closet waredrobe and sliding door. Estimated all these add together will be around rm4xk. I still need to do the living room tv wall and cupboard, and courtyard. Lastly is downlight, painting and false ceiling. Hopefully rm7xk to max 80k can settle all these. Of course my ideal budget is rm6xk :P

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

yes, headache. but how much money did you save? a penny saved is a penny earned.