• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Rename an MRT station 'Olympic' station

Velma

Alfrescian
Loyal
Olympic station for what?

Rather rename a MRT station 'Goh Keng Swee'. He deserves the honours more than the YOG itself.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Rather rename a MRT station 'Goh Keng Swee'. He deserves the honours more than the YOG itself.

Seriously, I don't support naming any place, road or station after anyone. A nice generic name reflecting the meaning and origin of the place geographically is good enough. I don't support hero worshipping regardless how great that hero has been.

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal

We are proposing renaming the station so that Singaporeans NEVER FORGET what happened during the YOG.

jw5

Loyal
If that's the purpose, how about Yoggie Bear Station?
How about naming the station "Bal KeLuck Chicken Station"?
Every inch of available retail space in the station must sell the nonya specialty buah keluak chicken. And everyone who gets off at Kallang or Aljunied stations will get a 50% discount.
Yummy.

Queen Seok Duk

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't support hero worshipping regardless how great that hero has been.

But you do lick the balls of GMS by saluting his army rank in this forum at every opportunity.

Even though old habits die hard, still cyberspace is not a place to continue your 'por lam par' habit you nurtured in your poodle days as NCO.

You're the exact opposite of who you pretend yourself to be, so please don't say you don't support hero worship, unless you want to split hair between hero worship and por lam par, then I concede you have a point.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
But you do lick the balls of GMS by saluting his army rank in this forum at every opportunity.

Even though old habits die hard, still cyberspace is not a place to continue your 'por lam par' habit you nurtured in your poodle days as NCO.

You're the exact opposite of who you pretend yourself to be, so please don't say you don't support hero worship, unless you want to split hair between hero worship and por lam par, then I concede you have a point.

You seem perturbed by me merely addressing (not even saluting) his rank. He's not my hero. We're friends. Sometimes he asks me for advice. Sometimes I ask him for advice too. He's a Captain that's a fact. Why should I not address him as such? He earned it and I deserves it. He doesn't require you or anyone to address him as such if you don't like to.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i donch care simi lanjiao station change to Olympic fuck,.

all i want...is Aug 14 to be declared YOG day and a national holiday...that will be sufficient for me.