• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Rename an MRT station 'Olympic' station

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
If we want to name MRT stations to commemorate our mammoth failures, there are more where they come from. May I suggest:

1. MSK or Mas Selamat Station
2. FLOODING MRT station
3. ....

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If we want to name MRT stations to commemorate our mammoth failures, there are more where they come from. May I suggest:

1. MSK or Mas Selamat Station
2. FLOODING MRT station
3. ....

Mas Selamat Station, good name if they build one around Whitley Road.

Flooding Station, good name if they build one around Bukit Timah 6th Ave.

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal

I recently heard that Yacob looking a bit shaky. To shore up support, they are planning a station in Jln Baesar even though Bendemeer is under utilised. If there is a Flooding Station, the honours should go to this station.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What about Tak Boleh Tahan Station? Where?

Build another station between City Hall and Raffles Place, where Parliament is. That's where Tak Boleh Tahan Station lah!

Jurong East hawker centre can also build Where's The Money Station. :biggrin:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I recently heard that Yacob looking a bit shaky. To shore up support, they are planning a station in Jln Baesar even though Bendemeer is under utilised. If there is a Flooding Station, the honours should go to this station.

Sorry, this area doesn't flood no matter how heavy it rains. Yaacob took good care of his Kallang-Whampoa River. But yes, Yaacob's giving this area under his GRC four new stations, Kallang Bahru, Jalan Besar, Sungei Road and Bencoolen, on top of now existing Kallang, Lavender, Bugis, Boon Keng, Farrer Park and Little India stations. This area shall be an MRT hub. :biggrin:

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aug 24, 2010

Lasting reminder

'Rename an MRT station 'Olympic' station.'

MR CLEMENCE CHIA: 'Never in my life could I ever have imagined that tiny Singapore would host the Olympic games one day. It was indeed a dream come true not just for me but also for the nation. Besides having a Youth Olympic Park to commemorate this historical event, I suggest that we rename an MRT station 'Olympic' station. The chosen station should be ideally situated in the town areas so that all future generations and tourists will remember that Singapore was once the Olympic games host nation.'

http://www.straitstimes.com/STForum/Story/STIStory_570015.html

Why not change the name of Kallang Stadium to Olympian Stadium, then the Garment cannot knock it down any more.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why not change the name of Kallang Stadium to Olympian Stadium, then the Garment cannot knock it down any more.

They have so many last match play there, until they cannot cheat people anymore...like those shops 365 closing down sales..but never close!:biggrin:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They couldn't afford to demolish it.

The tenders for demolishing are more expensive than building anew.

That's why it's stuck there.

Bad building standards in olden days, they used bomb-proof solid stone pillars.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

They will name it Wong Kan Seng station, in memory of all the good work he had put in..:biggrin:

You have not been to Bukit Timah Lately I believe....the station in front of Hwa Chong is Lee Kim Tah Station...there is a station just after wooden hse in 1st avenue, where the old police logistic base used to be, that is between 1st & 6th Avenue...of the downtown Line 2.

Maybe you can suggest it calling that Flooding...the next station after that is at Beauty World..

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
They couldn't afford to demolish it.

The tenders for demolishing are more expensive than building anew.

That's why it's stuck there.

Bad building standards in olden days, they used bomb-proof solid stone pillars.

Why can't they refurb it? So many good memories in there.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They will name it Wong Kan Seng station, in memory of all the good work he had put in..:biggrin:

You have not been to Bukit Timah Lately I believe....the station in front of Hwa Chong is Lee Kim Tah Station...there is a station just after wooden hse in 1st avenue, where the old police logistic base used to be, that is between 1st & 6th Avenue...of the downtown Line 2.

Maybe you can suggest it calling that Flooding...the next station after that is at Beauty World..

I not so rich like Locke Liberal and Equalisation got houses in Bukit Timah. I live in HDB under Yaacob also pay until can't catch breath and face green green. :biggrin:

The 4th Ave. is police transport branch, not logistic centre, that's at Guillemard.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I not so rich like Locke Liberal and Equalisation got houses in Bukit Timah. I live in HDB under Yaacob also pay until can't catch breath and face green green. :biggrin:

The 4th Ave. is police transport branch, not logistic centre, that's at Guillemard.

Sorry lah!, I thought that was the logistic branch...I know that you get your car towed away, it goes there right!.. you have to pay, pay & pay, by cash to get your car back plus demerit points..:p

I live in piegeon hole also man!, but I have friends staying around that area that is why I am familiar.....of course not at 1st avenue...:biggrin:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I know that you get your car towed away, it goes there right!.. you have to pay, pay & pay, by cash to get your car back plus demerit points..:p

Right man. Those days we ordered vehicles to be towed away all towed there. That's the place, 4th Ave. FTB. Sometimes we didn't return the vehicles, confiscated for racing or smuggling or something like that.

Police cars, maintenance and petrol also supplied from there. No need ARF, PARF, COE, ERP IU, road tax or petrol tax. Just get an ASP or above sign a requisition form. But don't anyhow langgar, still can get charged.

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is absolutely nothing. Once LKY passes away, every parent will be scrambling to name their baby, every artiste will be scrambling to compose a song, every architect will be scrambling to construct a new building, every businessman will be scrambling to name their business, every religious society will be scrambling to venerate... You will be forced to see, hear and speak his name forever. Guaranteed.

Last edited:

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. Make an MRT station at NTU and call it Olympic Station. O sorry sorry, call it Oylmpic Station, the official Oylmpic Bank says so! Hahahahahahaha

whorejinx

Alfrescian
Loyal
How about we let that Swiss man Oliver Fricker out of jail and paint entire MRT station

images

like this:

oliver-fricker.jpg

:biggrin::biggrin::oIo: