• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Registers open for checks. Vote with Confidence

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Registers open for checks.Is your vote secret? Why is there a serial number assig

Another Fear Tactics?

Screw them la, so what?

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Registers open for checks.Is your vote secret? Why is there a serial number assig

I don't care. If I marked the logo of alternative party. I will walk out with my chin up and show my choice to everyone standing nearby, including the PAP. Who cares whether they know or not. If we cannot conquer such simple "fear" than how to make change for Singapore? In my previous job, I told the interviewee that I am not a PAP supporter and will never vote for PAP and you know what, I was recruited by the company.

Highfalutin

Alfrescian
Loyal

i was a witness to the sealing and transportation of ballot boxes at recent elections. while it is possible, it remains highly Improbable that PAP will break the seals on the ballot boxes and go tru 2 million votes to look for closet opposition supporters.

as almost everyone has pointed out to you - your thread title only serves one purpose - scare mongering. so if your intention is to strike fear into common voters, you have succeeded. this outcome is only desirable to PAP supporters.

Well I've come to the conclusion base on the responses thus far that Singaporeans in general are of the easily coerced, swayed and intimidated type. Something the PAP had known all these years. Hence the implementation of a new rule in a final day cooling off before the poll.

Since I had been accused of scare mongering which had been sustained by general opinion and I had been offered, the changing of my thread header by scroobal the moderator, I will go even better. Please delete this thread if it has so much potential to cause harm to the opposition cause. Just 800 reads so far, not much damage done in the scheme of things, does it?

A thought came into my mind many years ago, Singapore is truly a sad case of...

强 府 弱 民

longbow

Alfrescian
Loyal

Can someone like Former Pres carter be invited to come and observe the elections.

Does not matter whether one is for or against but more accountability is always a good sign.

Lee Hsien Tau

Alfrescian
Loyal

I for one believe they do open the ballot boxes.

Not necessarily to punish the individual for his choice of vote, except for those in important positions.

But they need the data to gerrymander the various voting districts so that they are always the ones first past the post. Trust the Old Fart to do that.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Not necessarily to punish the individual for his choice of vote, except for those in important positions.

But they need the data to gerrymander the various voting districts so that they are always the ones first past the post. Trust the Old Fart to do that.

don't think PAP are so despicable to open the ballot boxes.

In vote counting, PAP and oppositions will know the voting results in small details down to a few HDB blocks. Knowing that is good enough for gerrymandering so there's no need to open the boxes later.

chewed

Alfrescian
Loyal

don't think PAP are so despicable to open the ballot boxes.

In vote counting, PAP and oppositions will know the voting results in small details down to a few HDB blocks. Knowing that is good enough for gerrymandering so there's no need to open the boxes later.

The information is available to the political parties contesting in that consituency. Else how does WP knew that the swing votes in ALjunied GRC in 2006 are the malay voters?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Have to agree with you that the PAP needs inside info to effectively gerrymander. How else do you explain the strange way that electoral boundaries are divided in Spore :confused:

Why bother going after unhappy voters when it is more effective to isolate these voters by merging them into PAP strongholds. Going after innocent individuals will also generate sympathy among the public & international groups which even the US, UK, Aust,... can't ignore

Their purpose is to retain power & not to waste time picking on unhappy & innocent individuals. They of course will go after opposition leaders to scare the oppsition supporters.

The problem is when even PAP strongholds turn on the PAP as is currently going on.

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal

The don't need to open the ballot boxes to know that. They know the breakdown at precinct level during the vote counting. And actually all parties contesting will know this anyway.

STUCK_HERE

Alfrescian
Loyal

Its for statistical purposes lah. So you expect the voting slips to be blank pieces of paper? How does the elections dept know the total number of voting slips dispensed if there's no serial number? How does the elections dept know how many voters voted for a constituency?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, it nevertheless has helped clarify the situation. I will amend the header to something suitable.
Well I've come to the conclusion base on the responses thus far that Singaporeans in general are of the easily coerced, swayed and intimidated type. Something the PAP had known all these years. Hence the implementation of a new rule in a final day cooling off before the poll.

Since I had been accused of scare mongering which had been sustained by general opinion and I had been offered, the changing of my thread header by scroobal the moderator, I will go even better. Please delete this thread if it has so much potential to cause harm to the opposition cause. Just 800 reads so far, not much damage done in the scheme of things, does it?

A thought came into my mind many years ago, Singapore is truly a sad case of...

强 府 弱 民