• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Registers open for checks. Vote with Confidence

Highfalutin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore
Home > Breaking News > Singapore > Story
Feb 23, 2010
Registers open for checks

The Registers of Electors have been revised and will be open for inspection from today till March 8 at designated centres here and abroad, the Elections Department said yesterday. -- ST PHOTO: CHEW SENG KIM

THE Registers of Electors have been revised and will be open for inspection from today till March 8 at designated centres here and abroad, the Elections Department said yesterday.

It also announced that overseas Singaporeans with names in the registers can apply, from today, to be registered as overseas electors.

But such individuals must have resided in Singapore for a total of at least 30 days within the period of three years immediately before Feb 1 this year.

The Registers of Electors for all 14 group representation constituencies (GRCs) and nine single-member constituencies were revised this month for the second time within a year.

The latest revision includes those who turned 21 in recent months, as well as immigrants who took up Singapore citizenship after the previous revision in February last year.

Based on that revision in February last year, there were 2.26 million electors eligible to vote in the next election, which is due by February 2012.

Read the full story in Tuesday's edition of The Straits Times.

Check for your eligibility to vote @ http://www.elections.gov.sg/online.html

Last edited by a moderator:

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Registers open for checks.Is your vote secret? Why is there a serial number assig

Yet again. FUCK IT LAH!

My vote can be public for all I care. Just like the last election, I am still not voting PAP.

Playing on the fears of voters about the secrecy of their vote is a tired (but surprisingly effective- because Sinkies are stupid and ball-less) tactic used by the PAP internet brigade.

Glad that one of such internet brigade has exposed himself. Well done, highfalutin.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Registers open for checks.Is your vote secret? Why is there a serial number assig

who the fark care!, if they even put idelible flourescent ink on the ballot paper, when I mark Opposition..the colour is RED! and I vote PAP, there is a 'tick' like the fairprice supermarket logo...."MEMBER"!!!

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal

I want my vote to be PUBLIC .

And all Progress of the Voting to be made public .
At the public scuntiny and observation .

There should be no two way to it beating round the bush !

Highfalutin

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yet again. FUCK IT LAH!

Playing on the fears of voters about the secrecy of their vote is a tired (but surprisingly effective- because Sinkies are stupid and ball-less) tactic used by the PAP internet brigade.

Glad that one of such internet brigade has exposed himself. Well done, highfalutin.

Great heavens! Your appraising skill leaves much to be desired! Me a skunk from the PAP Internet Brigade? Just from a thread header alone? Why can't I be smarter by giving "oblique warnings" closer to the next GE?

You yourself said it, it's effective against balless and brainless Singaporeans. Why not discuss and try to defeat this PAP fear factor ploy?

Much had been talked about the serial numbers. I was hoping those who more involved in opposition politics can help enlighten us on why they had never make it a prime issue and voiced out more voraciously on the necessity of serial numbers.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

All 1st world countries have serial numbers on their ballot paper for accountability. Anyone contesting the elections including the opposition can seek a court order to reconcile the vote against the register if stuffing is suspected. It has been done before in other countries including the UK.

The serial number scare tactics have been successfully used by PAP supporters to scare the ignorant and the illiterate for decades.

Highfalutin

Alfrescian
Loyal

The serial number scare tactics have been successfully used by PAP supporters to scare the ignorant and the illiterate for decades.

What is needed is for the voters to be assured that the PAP cannot in any way tally the serial numbers of voting slips that voted against the PAP against the electoral rolls that will lead to their identies being exposed!

IF THE OPPOSITION CAN CONVINCE THE VOTERS WITH TANGIBLE EVIDENCE OF THEIR ABILITY TO ENSURE THAT IT WILL NOT HAPPEN UNDER THEIR WATCH, HOW MANY MORE PER CENT OF VOTES WILL SWING IN THEIR FAVOUR? THIS IS THE CRUX OF MY ARGUMENT.

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal

IF THE OPPOSITION CAN CONVINCE THE VOTERS WITH TANGIBLE EVIDENCE OF THEIR ABILITY TO ENSURE THAT IT WILL NOT HAPPEN UNDER THEIR WATCH, HOW MANY MORE PER CENT OF VOTES WILL SWING IN THEIR FAVOUR? THIS IS THE CRUX OF MY ARGUMENT.

If that's the crux of your argument, your heading will read "Serial number for fraud prevention only, not for tracing!". However you choose to use the heading of "Is your vote secret? Why is there a serial number assigned"?

Nice try. You are a vile, sly animal.

Highfalutin

Alfrescian
Loyal

If that's the crux of your argument, your heading will read "Serial number for fraud prevention only, not for tracing!". However you choose to use the heading of "Is your vote secret? Why is there a serial number assigned"?

Nice try. You are a vile, sly animal.

Next time, maybe permission ought to be sought from you first before playing the Devil's Advocate.:wink:

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal

YOUR VOTE IS SECRET.

Do not listen to stupid people about serial numbers blah blah. Your vote is definitely secret.

ALL THESE FUCKERS TALKING ABOUT SERIAL NUMBERS ARE TRYING TO SCARE VOTERS. CHOW CHEE BYE!

!:oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo:
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

What is needed is for the voters to be assured that the PAP cannot in any way tally the serial numbers of voting slips that voted against the PAP against the electoral rolls that will lead to their identies being exposed!

all ballots need a serial number. otherwise, how do you account for the authenticity of the ballot?

it's the same here in the u.s. we have serial numbers on ballots because they are controlled documents, much in the same way as serial numbers on dollar notes or movie tickets. imagine the hooplah and confusion when ballots can easily be counterfeited. you can have serial numbers on ballots, yet have anonymity in the voting process. do not be fearful of some lame numbers. if you use these numbers as lame excuses to vote against your conscience out of fear, you deserve to be a moron. unfortunately, sinkies, because of their stupidity and ignorance, continue to spin conspiracy theories and imagined threats. there's too much paranoia, dementia and schizophrenia in the population. and worst of all, these sorry excuses are used to cover their own wussy arses, not show their manly guts.

the important thing is fearlessness. even if bozzos want to track you down with the serial number, so what? it's not a crime to vote with your conscience.

(by the way in the u.s. here, we are moving to electronic voting with an access card. everyone who votes at the booth is given a card and uses the card to access the voting machine. after voting by pressing buttons on the screen, you can print out your votes for your own verification or you can trust the machine to submit your votes. at the end of the process, you eject the card and return it to the station registrar who will recycle it by resetting it for the next voter. you can also opt for absent balloting in which the ballot will be sent to your home address. you fill out the ballot and submit it via mail. and yes, it has a control number.)

my impression of sinkies is not good after all these stupid discussions. you morons just don't get it. :rolleyes:

Highfalutin

Alfrescian
Loyal

One cannot fight a battle by shutting your eyes to the reality of the kind of weapons your enemy possesses. Neither can you wish it away.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

You dispel myth and falsehood by stating good examples applied by respected institutions and countries. You also explain the basis for having such a measure. Even a kid with primary 6 education will understand.

One plays the devil's advocate amongst well educated people in order to examine the various scenarios and validate the 1st identified model. Its never applied in mass setting where people might take it at face value.

Why perpetuate a falsehood? And its not rhetoric question as you want assurance from the establishment that it won't be abused. When was it abused? The serial number was there when JBJ won Anson, Chiam Potong Pasir, Low Hougang, Cheo Nee Soon, and Ling Gombak. You know anyone from these places that got into trouble.

Let me know if you want to change your header?

Next time, maybe permission ought to be sought from you first before playing the Devil's Advocate.:wink:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

One cannot fight a battle by shutting your eyes to the reality of the kind of weapons your enemy possesses. Neither can you wish it away.

ok, go vote for the bogeymen you fear most if you think your arse is gonna get reamed by some horny highfisting highfluting henchmen the moment you see serial numbers on any fucking piece of paper. bunch of conspiracy theory morons. might as well stay home, cover yourself with a blanket and die. don't go out anywhere. big brother is watching you. :biggrin:

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset

There are lots of average Joe here. So point north hit south, to kill 2 birds with one stone don't work well here.

Somemore this is a very sensitive issue, so a miss-read is not far-fetch.

:wink:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Why sinkie so third world one? Post such thing in newspaper?

And the TS is even a bigger sinkie loser, serial number stuff are so third world behavior, THe Thais who is pissed off with Taksin even tear up the voting paper at the election in front of the camera.

Highfalutin

Alfrescian
Loyal

the important thing is fearlessness. even if bozzos want to track you down with the serial number, so what? it's not a crime to vote with your conscience.

my impression of sinkies is not good after all these stupid discussions. you morons just don't get it. :rolleyes:

This is what I know based on Straits Times reports. After each General Elections, all ballot slips in their original ballot boxes are signed and sealed in the presence of opposition candidates or their representatives. They are then stored in the basement or dungeons of City Hall. After a number of years, they are taken out to be disposed off by incineration and again opposition candidates or their representatives are invited to check that the seals are not broken and witness the incineration process if they so wish.

Now maybe I had watched too many movies and read too many boooks in my lifetime. Am I supposed to believe that the Government do not have the means to use the best technology available to break and replace the seals after going through the ballot slips? The opposition do not have 24/7 surprise check privilege I believe, do they?

Highfalutin

Alfrescian
Loyal

I have an uncle. A timid man, the least opinionated and confrontational man you can ever find. He served in his RC for years. One day he was shocked when he was told to volutarily resign from the organisation. He could not find any reason why he was put in that position except for one. He had voted for the PAP for years but he voted for Chua instead of Ong in the Presidential Elections.

Highfalutin

Alfrescian
Loyal

Let me know if you want to change your header?

Then tell me why most people in Singapore still retain the suspicion of the possibility that their votes are not secret. You can't close your eyes and say no, Singaporeans in general don't believe in that shit!

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

I have an uncle. A timid man, the least opinionated and confrontational man you can ever find. He served in his RC for years. One day he was shocked when he was told to volutarily resign from the organisation. He could not find any reason why he was put in that position except for one. He had voted for the PAP for years but he voted for Chua instead of Ong in the Presidential Elections.

I have an uncle. A timid man, the least opinionated and confrontational man you can ever find.

You have told us the exact reason in your post why he is in that position and it is in the first sentence. You gave an answer first, then a question. Very unique post.