• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Registers open for checks. Vote with Confidence

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Registers open for checks.Is your vote secret? Why is there a serial number assig

Why sinkie so third world one? Post such thing in newspaper?

And the TS is even a bigger sinkie loser, serial number stuff are so third world behavior, THe Thais who is pissed off with Taksin even tear up the voting paper at the election in front of the camera.

CB kia tonychat,

dun bluff lah.. you are caught on camera taking part in the red army protest becos of the free food and 100bahts..:biggrin:

btw, u are getting fatter and uglier.. must be due to mix too much with other thai losers huh..:biggrin:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Registers open for checks.Is your vote secret? Why is there a serial number assig

This is what I know based on Straits Times reports. After each General Elections, all ballot slips in their original ballot boxes are signed and sealed in the presence of opposition candidates or their representatives. They are then stored in the basement or dungeons of City Hall. After a number of years, they are taken out to be disposed off by incineration and again opposition candidates or their representatives are invited to check that the seals are not broken and witness the incineration process if they so wish.

Now maybe I had watched too many movies and read too many boooks in my lifetime. Am I supposed to believe that the Government do not have the means to use the best technology available to break and replace the seals after going through the ballot slips? The opposition do not have 24/7 surprise check privilege I believe, do they?

yeah, so? what good will pappies do for themselves if they go thru' every piece of ballot and start collating serial numbers with citizens? are they gonna approach every citizen who voted against them to change their mind in the next election? in the first place, how can they be sure they have pinpointed the right ballot to the right person? arrival of voters at each location is pretty random. and even if they do, do they have the interview and interrogation capacity and time to hold up, screen and detain every dissenting voter? if 40% voted for the oppo in constituency x, have they gathered all these dissenting voters and detained them for questioning in the last election? have they forced all these 40% dissenting voters out of their businesses and jobs? have they forced their wives to be prostitutes and sent their girls to be maids in another country? have they cut off water supply and starve these people to death? they have "punished" whole constituencies by postponing some stupid hdb upgrades and lame mrt extension lines, and those are stupid policies begetting stauncher resistance and stubborness among voters, but have they singled out blocks of voters among "lost" constituencies for massive reprisal treatments akin to the sook ching massacre? perhaps, the old fart has thought of that frequently in wrath and anger, but he can dream about that in his private time shitting his fancy dinner off. :biggrin:

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal

I have an uncle. A timid man, the least opinionated and confrontational man you can ever find.

You have told us the exact reason in your post why he is in that position and it is in the first sentence. You gave an answer first, then a question. Very unique post.

CB kia tonychat,

you have unique taste..

sometimes you fuck your thai prostitute ladyboy wife in the arsehole, sometimes she fucks you back, sometimes you watch while her customers fuck her, sometimes her customer fuck YOU instead..:biggrin::eek:

Highfalutin

Alfrescian
Loyal

.......... :biggrin:

I had voted against the PAP in every General Election when and where I was eligible to vote. I had voted for a candidate against Jayakumar in Bedok South whom I was told was convalescing in the old Woodbridge Hospital at the time.

I can't reveal more but let me say this. I was not given what most people eventually got despite the fact that I don't have a criminal record, served my NS obligations without giving them any trouble. Who knows maybe I am in the same boat as Robert Ho brain-wise!:biggrin:

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Your vote is not secret.
PAP will check who vote for oppositions.

If you are unlucky, you will be arrested from your bed at night and taken to a secret underground chamber. LKY will be waiting for you there, his torture equipments are worse than the SAW movies.

They will fry your brains and if you are lucky enough to come out, you will be brainwashed into believing GST is there to help the poor and vote forever for PAP. :biggrin:

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

I agree it was a common perception amongst households in the 70s. Not anymore. We should do our best to dispel such a myth. It does more harm than good and it clearly plays into the hands of the incumbent. We have enough issues without facing such ridiculous notions.

If we belief in such diatribe, we deserve to be with the PAP forever. Reminds me of the Koro epidemic that occurred amongst the chinese in Singapore in the 1960s when illiteracy was high.

http://smj.sma.org.sg/1004/1004smj5.pdf

Then tell me why most people in Singapore still retain the suspicion of the possibility that their votes are not secret. You can't close your eyes and say no, Singaporeans in general don't believe in that shit!

Last edited:

Highfalutin

Alfrescian
Loyal

I agree it was a common perception amongst households in the 70s. Not anymore. We should our best to dispel such a myth. It does harm than good and it clearly plays into the hands of the incumbent. We have enough issues without facing such ridiculous notions.

If we belief in such diatribe, we deserve to be with the PAP forever. Reminds me of the Koro epidemic that occurred amongst the chinese in Singapore in the 1960s when illiteracy was high.

http://smj.sma.org.sg/1004/1004smj5.pdf

If only we can bring the points across to 30,000 at a time instead of the pitiful 300 that we have around on the average here everytime.

S

sodoMee

If only we can bring the points across to 30,000 at a time instead of the pitiful 300 that we have around on the average here everytime.

Okay to make you sleep better pap has lready compiled a file about every sgplians that includes your voting preferences!

Why think so much? just do it!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

LKY will be waiting for you there, his torture equipments are worse than the SAW movies.

There's a generation or two of unhappy & unemployed Sporeans out there. If they want to jail or persecute all these people where got space & manpower :confused:

LKY is too busy lah, re-writing his memoires, counting his billions, remembering his glory days, travelling,...

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

It's secret if the voting is done using paper ballot slips. It's anybody's guess if they decide to turn to electronic voting in the cumming GE. But

HECK CARE! :oIo:

So what if they know we voted against them when we know that if they are returned to power in the next GE, we and our future generations will DIE anyway under their economic genocide!

S

sodoMee

Remember if you want your kids to be free, you have to sacrify your freedom first!

That is the least we could do for our kids!!

Only through sacrifice can men achieved deliverance from their repressive regimes!!

Like Jesus is sacrified to deliver us from the clutches of our sins i.e. Satan!

bryanlim1972

Alfrescian
Loyal

I have an uncle. A timid man, the least opinionated and confrontational man you can ever find. He served in his RC for years. One day he was shocked when he was told to volutarily resign from the organisation. He could not find any reason why he was put in that position except for one. He had voted for the PAP for years but he voted for Chua instead of Ong in the Presidential Elections.

here's a theory for you: people who find their careers or positions in life stagnating/floundering, are trying to find a reason to explain the situation.

as most humans do, they will blame everyone/everything around them except their own (or lack of) abilities.

so, "I voted for opposition hence my career stalled" became the war cry of civil servants who got passed over.

i was a witness to the sealing and transportation of ballot boxes at recent elections. while it is possible, it remains highly Improbable that PAP will break the seals on the ballot boxes and go tru 2 million votes to look for closet opposition supporters.

as almost everyone has pointed out to you - your thread title only serves one purpose - scare mongering. so if your intention is to strike fear into common voters, you have succeeded. this outcome is only desirable to PAP supporters.

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal

Many years ago, at least more than a decade ago, I used to think that the serial numbers were traceable.

I did thought about the serial numbers;

What I read from the ST long time ago was for accountability.

However, you don't need a genius to know that serial numbers could be linked with your NRIC number, your name etc... with Excel Worksheet so efficient now adays, it'll be a matter of seconds to know.

I used to be fearful. Thoughts running through my head "What if I were caught voting for the opposition", would I be denied of my rights as a citizen? lose previlidges like IUP, lose the GST rebates?, lose the HDB grants for first time buyers?, etc... in short punished by PAP for not voting for them?

However, many years have passed, my GRC had many walk overs, I don't even have any chance to vote...

As it was at least 1 decade already, I were amongst those that felt the repercussions of the 1997 Asian Financial Crisis...

And through this decade of changes, more and more injustices...

Started with the Swissification, now actually Russification of Singapore.

Started with affordable HDB, now actually HDB disguised as private properties, and selling at private properties pricing...

Started with comfortable public transport systems, where there were still young singaporeans giving out their seats to the elderly, now actually, too crowded with FTs everywhere, don't even bother anymore.

Started with the intention of ERP for traffic control, now actually a means for additional revenue for the coffers.

Started with the intention of COE for limitation of cars in SGP, now also an additional revenue for the coffers.

Started National Service in the name of National Security, now the NS people are protecting 33% of the interest of non Singaporeans... perhaps the ratio will change further...

Started with LKY urging for the public to accept that its essential for the ministers to have higher pays, in compensation of their economic loss, while in private sectors as CEOs, now Ministers in Singapore are making more than CEOs in private sectors --> its really interesting that Obama makes less than LHL!

Singaporeans are living in modern serfdom, everyone trapped with debts ranging from 1 to 3 decades, or even more..., while some elites live like princes, or princess, as they may never understand the feeling of poverty, simply because these elites never bother to understand what is truly happening in Singapore.

We really need a stronger opposition to provide an alternative view.

Its good to have an alternative view point, as some actions may not truly serve the best interest of the nation, and it takes guts to present in the parliament.

If we have a 3:1 ratio of Opposition Politician, against PAP Politician, then we may have a hope of an alternative view...

My decision is set. :cool:

kiwibird7

Alfrescian
Loyal

All 1st world countries have serial numbers on their ballot paper for accountability. Anyone contesting the elections including the opposition can seek a court order to reconcile the vote against the register if stuffing is suspected. It has been done before in other countries including the UK.

The serial number scare tactics have been successfully used by PAP supporters to scare the ignorant and the illiterate for decades.

33.3% of Singapore voters have voted AGAINST the PAP in the last election are still around, living in their HDB flats and going about their jobs.

The fools who voted the PAP simply out of fear of the serial numbers should reflect on this fact.

bryanlim1972

Alfrescian
Loyal

33.3% of Singapore voters have voted AGAINST the PAP in the last election are still around, living in their HDB flats and going about their jobs.

The fools who voted the PAP simply out of fear of the serial numbers should reflect on this fact.

upz for good post!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

NZ, Australia and all democratic countries have serial numbers for accountability. What would you suggest - educate the voters by dispelling the myth or ........................... ?

big cannon fairy

Alfrescian
Loyal

here's a theory for you: people who find their careers or positions in life stagnating/floundering, are trying to find a reason to explain the situation.

as most humans do, they will blame everyone/everything around them except their own (or lack of) abilities.

so, "I voted for opposition hence my career stalled" became the war cry of civil servants who got passed over.

i was a witness to the sealing and transportation of ballot boxes at recent elections. while it is possible, it remains highly Improbable that PAP will break the seals on the ballot boxes and go tru 2 million votes to look for closet opposition supporters.

as almost everyone has pointed out to you - your thread title only serves one purpose - scare mongering. so if your intention is to strike fear into common voters, you have succeeded. this outcome is only desirable to PAP supporters.

And you were probably witness to Lee Kuan Yew's shivering dick as he went about his work for the Kempeitai.:biggrin:

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal

Your vote is secret. As brothers have already pointed out, the serial number is meant for accountability and an anti-stuffing device. This is one of those rare occasions you can believe the PAP when they say it is secret.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I will be worried about elections fraud if they use blank votes instead of serial.

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal

image001.jpg