• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Record $653,000 for 4 room flat

JinGanKor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Record $653,000 for flat

flat-desmondlim.jpg

A FOUR-ROOM Queenstown HDB flat has sold for $653,000, setting a new record for price per sq ft (psf), amid continuing red-hot demand for resale flats.

The buyers, a male Indonesian permanent resident and a Singaporean woman, could have bought a condominium unit in an outlying area for the price.

But they were won over by the location, just five minutes walk from Queenstown MRT station, and on the top, 40th floor of the block, with unblocked views of greenery from all windows.

The four-year-old 969sqft unit at Forfar Heights, Strathmore Avenue, sold for $68,000 above valuation - a level determined by an independent valuer.

This works out to $674 psf, smashing the previous record of $609 psf, achieved in January last year, by about 10per cent.

This may be an unusually high price but resale prices have been moving up.

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
When they could not service the loan....Banks, HDB, Town Coucil, PUB, Sing Power, MDA...LTA...ah long-san....then the quake on a scale of 9.9 will hit....now, it looks so rosy...:smile:

This foreign imported pigeon unload his abundance for a hole just so that he can view greenery and take the MRT in five minutes, well that's not some sense everyone can make...:p

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
He is after all INDONESIAN.

They have always been the source of driving up property prices in S'pore.

These INDONS have a knack of pulling money out of a hat or several hats. So money no object lah.

With Indons, most times, its never really their own money. I am not saying that this is the case here. I think S'poreans after so many decades know what I am referring to.

Wait till EXTRADITION treaty is signed. See how many still remains in S'pore.

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
Further, GARMENT is sending message to FTs.

Come ah , buy ah, any price you pay below this is CHEEP ah.

Reality is S'poreans can no longer be FOOLED by this GARMENT.

They have resorted to FOOLING FTs.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Record $653,000 for flat

flat-desmondlim.jpg

A FOUR-ROOM Queenstown HDB flat has sold for $653,000, setting a new record for price per sq ft (psf), amid continuing red-hot demand for resale flats.

The buyers, a male Indonesian permanent resident and a Singaporean woman, could have bought a condominium unit in an outlying area for the price.

But they were won over by the location, just five minutes walk from Queenstown MRT station, and on the top, 40th floor of the block, with unblocked views of greenery from all windows.

The four-year-old 969sqft unit at Forfar Heights, Strathmore Avenue, sold for $68,000 above valuation - a level determined by an independent valuer.

This works out to $674 psf, smashing the previous record of $609 psf, achieved in January last year, by about 10per cent.

This may be an unusually high price but resale prices have been moving up.

It's good to finally put a face to the fool who paid this price. I guess that's when u say

A fool and his money is parted​

amk573

Alfrescian
Loyal
that sourgrape ..if you dont have the $ to throw ..blame yourself for not earning much . :biggrin::wink:

I agree on the sour grape part...but then again, why throw away money like that ??? He will be very lucky if he could find another sucker to buy over his flat if one day he decides to sell it. Damn bodoh !!!

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's good to finally put a face to the fool who paid this price. I guess that's when u say

A fool and his money is parted​

I think you got that wrong. That is the face that makes 2.5 times what he paid for, aka, the seller who will pocket the $653,000!!!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

=> The Sporean woman is probably an Indon who took up the pink IC for convenience of buying the PHole?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR vAlign=bottom><TD width=330>
front-jcrecord.jpg

</TD><TD width=10>
c.gif
</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>
c.gif

The four-year-old 969sqft unit at Forfar Heights, Strathmore Avenue, is just five minutes walk from Queenstown MRT station, and on the top, 40th floor of the block. The price paid by the Indonesian buyer is about 2.5 times the $262,000 the seller and his wife paid a few years ago. -- ST PHOTO: DESMOND LIM
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Some record flat prices
FOUR ROOMS: November 2009 - $653,000 ($674 psf), Strathmore Avenue

Previous record: January 2008 - $590,000 ($609 psf), Jalan Membina

lightblue77

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually nothing to see 'red-eye' the Indo couple for breaking record buying such HDB flat! I doubt they can offload at such price 5 or 10 years later. 10 years later, don't know can sell the flat at $660,000 still a BIG QUESTION MARK!

Smart born-&-breed Singaporeans should be contented buying HDB flat ranging not more than $400k. The super rich PR-turned-Citizen or PR if got money to break such record, go ahead! It only benefits the seller... now that Indian born-&-breed couple seller laughing to the bank with excess $300k..