• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Recent Development in JB and the Future Impact

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Other countries take care of their own countrymen. Except stupid Sinkiepore.

Maybe this is why Malaysians can buy cheaper properties in JB? I've seen houses in JB selling for RM$100k to RM$200k. These prices are for Malaysians & not foreigners.

One of the reasons I am considering buying in Thailand is because even foreigners can buy cheap condos there. However there are some limitations e.g. for condos a certain percentage are reserved for thais, for landed you need to buy under a Thai company.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Maybe this is why Malaysians can buy cheaper properties in JB? I've seen houses in JB selling for RM$100k to RM$200k. These prices are for Malaysians & not foreigners.

One of the reasons I am considering buying in Thailand is because even foreigners can buy cheap condos there. However there are some limitations e.g. for condos a certain percentage are reserved for thais, for landed you need to buy under a Thai company.

51% Thai
49% Foreigners

This makes it easier for foreigners to sell their property as they could sell to both Thais and foreigners while Thais have to check if the above ratio had been crossed.

Yes landed under a company or proxy under Thai individual (government is trying to clamp this for many years but to no avail, in Phuket so many beautiful seaside mansions are owned by farangs)