• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Real reason Founding daughter-in-law is on 3-months' leave

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
certainly a fairLee tale from thisLeeland!

Yes...everything is hush hush,,with the control of the state media.

Their assets are all hushed up with the removal of the estate duty taxes.

So Mr. and ,Mrs Lee, together with Ng Teng Fong saved a few hundred millions in Estate Duty.

These money could be easily used for re-distribution to the poor, especially to the uncles and aunty picking cardboards and selling tissues.

They cannot bring the money along with them and they prefer to leave it to their own children who then leave it to their children's children.

Not all the rich with their enormous sum of money are good hearted.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
According to a little bird from the West, before the late Emperor passed on, he had a will made appointing one of his daughters-in-law, the current Empress, to be his executrix.

Based on Western sources, the late Emperor had, during his lifetime, amassed about 10 billion USD in residential properties, commercial properties, shareholdings, etc. in the USA, Canada, UK, Australia, NZ, France, Germany, Italy, Scandinavia, Japan, South Korea, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia and quite significantly in China, including HK.

His executrix will need about 3 months to file the necessary papers in these countries for the wealth to be transferred to the current Emperor, his brother and the Founding Daughter.

The late Emperor had willed that his vast wealth be distributed equally among his three children.

Some parts of what you say is correct. The Old Fart stole/squirrelled away billions of $. $10 billion would be conservative. try $20 billion or more. My concern with this theory is that its not always the way you describe it.

While it is known that various assets are owned by Old Fart, he hardly buys anything in his name. He was very scrupulous about this, especially when he started in politics. I know he put properties and assets in gecko's name, numbered/nominee companies, trusts, etc. since he was sick for several years, and did not die suddenly, much of his estate planning was already done. There is no need for Whore Jinx to take 3 months leave, if indeed she is his executrix.

When Gecko died, her assets were put into a trust and Hsien Yang was the executor. The terms of the trust have been set up before hand I am sure, and I do not know what the split was. But usually he is only the executor of the trust in name. They have a team of lawyers and others to help manage and administer the trust. i am sure this is the similar case with Old Fart. I doubt if Old Fart will trust the DIL that much to put her in as the executrix. He has to consider whether the other 2 kids Wei Ling and Hsien Yang will trust whore Jinx to run the LKY trust and estate after seeing her performance in Temasick. When you transfer ownerships of your assets whether they be directly in your name or in nominee or holding companies to a trust, then the will of LKY will only show minimal assets. I am sure he did it this way, because many of these countries you mention like canada, UK, USA, etc have heavy estate duties. For example, Old Fart owned a house in West Vancouver, in the British Properties for many decades. I am sure this house has been put into a trust or else the estate tax in canada would eat up half the value. So, in his will, this asset should not be on it, and hence no need to notify canadian tax authorities of his death. Therefore, the executor's job is much easier when all his world wide assets are protected this way.

NoNewsGood

Alfrescian
Loyal
The executors of LKY's will are Lee Hsien Yang and Lee Wei Ling, NOT the daughter in law.

http://mothership.sg/2015/04/demoli...-lee-kuan-yew-ought-to-be-remembered-defiant/

Demolishing Oxley Road home against everyone’s wishes would cement how Lee Kuan Yew ought to be remembered: Defiant
April 12, 2015
We can take our sentimentality and shove it.

Belmont Lay
Even after he has been put in his final resting place, the late Lee Kuan Yew, who was firmly anti-populist when alive, can still push for things against everyone’s wishes.

The first prime minister of Singapore has channelled his last wishes via his two children, Lee Hsien Yang and Lee Wei Ling, who issued a statement through their law firm reiterating their father’s stand to have his house on Oxley Road demolished once he is gone.

Following Lee’s passing on March 23, 2015, outpouring of grief from the masses have resulted in calls to preserve the home of Singapore’s first-generation leader for its historical significance and symbolism.

However, the statement cited Lee as saying in his will: “My view on this has been made public before and remains unchanged.”

It added that Lee was aware of calls to preserve his home, but his wish “was unwavering, and was for the house to be torn down upon his passing”.

His two children also said their father was concerned that an order might be issued against his wishes, and had added in his will: “If our children are unable to demolish the House as a result of any changes in the law, rules or regulations binding them, it is my wish that the House never be opened to others except my children, their families and descendants.”

Both The Straits Times and Channel News Asia said that Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong will be expected to speak on the subject of his father’s wishes regarding the house at 38 Oxley Road in Parliament on Monday afternoon.

This is the statement in full:

We would like to thank Singaporeans for sharing in our grief on the passing of our late father, Lee Kuan Yew, on 23rd March, 2015. We have been deeply touched by the huge outpouring of affection for and respect of our father. We humbly thank each of you.

Our late father, Lee Kuan Yew, appointed the two of us as the executors and trustees of his last will and testament dated 17th December 2013 (“Lee Kuan Yew Will”).

In his Lee Kuan Yew Will, he stated, “I further declare that it is my wish, and the wish of my late wife, KWA GEOK CHOO, that our house at 38 Oxley Road, Singapore 238629 (“the House”) be demolished immediately after my death or if my daughter, Wei Ling, would prefer to continue living in the original house, immediately after she moves out of the House. I would ask each of my children to ensure our wishes with respect to the demolition of the House be carried out.”

Our father has made public this wish on many occasions, including in his book Hard Truths to Keep Singapore Going. In addition, both our parents have expressed this same wish with respect to our family home to their children in private on numerous occasions. Indeed, he stated in his Lee Kuan Yew Will that “My view on this has been made public before and remains unchanged.”

Our father was well aware of calls to somehow preserve his home. His wish both expressed to us privately, and publicly was unwavering, and was for the house to be torn down upon his passing. He was concerned an order might be issued against his wishes.

He therefore added in his Lee Kuan Yew Will that “If our children are unable to demolish the House as a result of any changes in the law, rules or regulations binding them, it is my wish that the House never be opened to others except my children, their families and descendants.”

We have a duty (as executors and trustees of his Lee Kuan Yew Will) and a moral obligation (as his children) to ensure that his Lee Kuan Yew Will is administered strictly as stated. He has given us clear instructions directly and in his Lee Kuan Yew Will to demolish the house either immediately after his death, or if Wei Ling continues to live in the original house, then immediately after she moves out of the House.

Our father has given his life in service to the people of Singapore. We hope that the people of Singapore will honour and respect his stated wish in his last will and testament.

Lee Wei Ling and Lee Hsien Yang
12th April 2015

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who wud trust anythng that is put forth by the Familee, if they are really trust worthy than open the Books of Termasick for scutiny.

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
The executors of LKY's will are Lee Hsien Yang and Lee Wei Ling, NOT the daughter in law.

Our late father, Lee Kuan Yew, appointed the two of us as the executors and trustees of his last will and testament dated 17th December 2013 (“Lee Kuan Yew Will”).
What you wrote above does NOT contradict what the little bird from the West had whispered to me.

The Founding Son and Daughter are in charge of "sup-sup-sui" matters (read: matters of little to no import) wheareas the Founding Daughter-in-law has been entrusted to see to the equal distribution of LKY's 10 billion USD wealth.

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal
What you wrote above does NOT contradict what the little bird from the West had whispered to me.

The Founding Son and Daughter are in charge of "sup-sup-sui" matters (read: matters of little to no import) wheareas the Founding Daughter-in-law has been entrusted to see to the equal distribution of LKY's 10 billion USD wealth.

Like what others mentioned here, got to be much, much more than that! When LKY's wife kena stroke, a Brit newspaper call LKY "one of the richest persons in the world". World...not singapore!