• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

RAS : we need foreign workers!!!

biondi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very good observation.

Yes, the best food is found in small family run establishments. But many of these well known outlets are slowly disappearing too.

Those foreign workers dominated outlets have certainly brought the standard of our food and beverage sector down to a very pathetic level. China Nationals operating and running zichar and franchised outlets are the worst. The standard is pathetically dismal.

I still can remember back in those days, there was a campaign improve the quality of retail staff. Retail staff had low EQ and didn't know how to talk to customers properly. Now, retail staff can't even speak bloody English so we are back to negative square one.

Travellor

Alfrescian
Loyal
'Vibrant' food and beverage sector?
Oh you mean those numerous Seoul Garden, Fish & Co, Nando's, Breadtalk, Sakae Sushi, Ajisen Ramen. The virtual duopoly of cookie-cutter food courts by Food Republic and Kopitiam? More branches (and lowered quality) of Swensen's and Din Tai Fung? :rolleyes:

Singapore's F&B quality has DECLINED since the influx of these cheap foreign F&B workers. Anywhere you look, the best food on this island are always small establishments, family-run, have a long history, originated and served by locals. Even those Tiong-run zichar stalls' food tastes like shit.

These greedy restaurateurs and corporate groups just want to have a ready supply of more cheap labour to maximize their profits. You know it, I know it, so don't try to deny it.

The truth about Singapore's heritage lies in its vibrant food culture .... but this fucking govt doesnt want to lift a finger to help support the start of such a culture ....i.e. in the hawker centres ...

instead they allow their brudders in the probably connected crony companies ala AIM to take over food courts, close down the hawker centres (like wdf did the ones in Toa Payoh Central and AMK Central and soon to be extinct Bedok Central hawker centres go???!!!) and serve fucking shit which they call food.

They want every fucking sinkie to be working for them directly or indirectly through all these cheebye kelong companies so that they can squeeze the slaves' lampars with impunity.....

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Kinana,

The only solution is to raise the pay for all local workers.. With more money inside the kitty, they can make babies for the Govt every nite without any worries..

So how much would you like to be paid to worlk like a bangla cleaner? How much would be enough for you?

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
I suspect currently there is strong conspiracy or collusion between the govt , business and ntuc to open the floodgates to flood this small island with huge numbers of cheap foreign labour.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
I suspect currently there is strong conspiracy or collusion between the govt , business and ntuc to open the floodgates to flood this small island with huge numbers of cheap foreign labour.

So how much would you like to be paid to work like a bangla cleaner? How much would be enough for you?

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

It said: "Businesses may be forced to shut down or move their operations to other countries, a situation which will deprive the Singapore government of tax income; consumers can expect food prices to increase, due to high operating costs caused by artificial wage inflation, high-cost productivity drive and high rentals.
- CNA/ac

I just don't get it. Why don't these companies just shut down and leave. Who is stopping them? I rather have less restaurants in Singapore than more foreigners to squeeze us out. Besides, outside foods are getting less healthy, we should learn to cook and eat at home.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So how much would you like to be paid to worlk like a bangla cleaner? How much would be enough for you?

How about 1.5K a month instead of the present cleaner's salary of less than 1K a month?

Other western countries pay their local workers in the cleaning industry quite well.. Why can't the same be implemented in Spore?

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
How about 1.5K a month instead of the present cleaner's salary of less than 1K a month?

Other western countries pay their local workers in the cleaning industry quite well.. Why can't the same be implemented in Spore?

You mean you would be willing to work as a cleaner tomorrow if you are paid 1.5k per month?

Scoot

We many local graduates in ITE, Polytechnics and our local Unis.. I'm sure these PMET jobs can be given to them

valueable asset to a company instead of them being behind the wheels of an NTUC taxi..

Old workers are like old TV sets without 3D function. But the thing is to create jobs that are worthy for them to do them as a pride and with good earnings to keep their families instead of divorces and suicides.

PAP just don't care. Care to know why?

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You mean you would be willing to work as a cleaner tomorrow if you are paid 1.5k per month?

I already have a job.. For what I want to change jobs?

But should I be a cleaner one day, the first thing I will do is to shove the the handle of the Broom up your backside..

SamSengKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
So you believe a cleaner shld be paid 2k per month while a fresh diploma grad gets less than that?

progressively all wages will move upwards and we can close the gap better rather that depressing wages and kicking the can down the road for the next generation.

Last edited:

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
progressively all wages will move upwards and we can close the gap better rather that depressing wages and kicking the can down the road for the next generation.

So if all wages move artificially upwards and it results in inflation, what will happen?

Travellor

Alfrescian
Loyal
When cost of labour rises, inflation will set in.
You think the law of gravity does not apply in Singapore?

Then pray tell how the fuck did this runaway inflation happened anyway over the last 5 years WITHOUT ANY SUBSTANTIAL PAY INCREMENTS TO THE MEDIAN INCOME????

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Then pray tell how the fuck did this runaway inflation happened anyway over the last 5 years WITHOUT ANY SUBSTANTIAL PAY INCREMENTS TO THE MEDIAN INCOME????

It always the fault of the workers asking for more pay. It not the fault of the retail malls to ask for more rental. It happens all the time.