• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Raffles Institution in the 60s and 70s ..... where are the guys now?

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is he the Ismail Hamid who played soccer and a rugby winger at Bras Basah Road RI?

Yes... .. a great school prefect too. I know he quietly released those caught without wearing the school badge..... without his help, many would have ended up in Detention Class. I was one such chronic offender whom he helped......

Thanks Ismail, wherever you may be......... Cheers.......

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Raffles Institution (RI) has named a new scholarship after a former teacher, Mr Hector Chee, whom many regard as an institution himself.

The 81-year-old, who taught mathematics at RI from 1960 to 1980, was known to many for his zeal in finding new ways to teach the subject, from sourcing for material from Britain to introducing topics such as logic into classes.

The scholarship will be offered next year to students from RI and Raffles Girls' School (Secondary), as well as those from six secondary schools in the Bishan area. These are Bishan Park Secondary, Catholic High School, Kuo Chuan Presbyterian Secondary, Guangyang Secondary, Whitley Secondary and Peirce Secondary.

================================

Hector Chee taught Modern Maths to many of us. To this day, I wonder how I can apply Modern maths in daily life?.....hahaha

( everyone in his classes had to come back with a distinction. Woe betide those who fumbled......... I nearly had to stand on a chair to atone for my failure to hit his target......)

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes... .. a great school prefect too. I know he quietly released those caught without wearing the school badge..... without his help, many would have ended up in Detention Class. I was one such chronic offender whom he helped......

Thanks Ismail, wherever you may be......... Cheers.......

I agree.
There were a few other Prefects like Ismail, whereas there were a few who "pulled rank"

Jai Singh was also a good compassionate Prefect.

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Jai Singh was also a good compassionate Prefect.

Yes... a very nice guy. A great long distance runner without a turban. I wonder where he is now?

Then there were sportsmen who captured our imagination like Andrew Chee with his 100 metre dash......

Not forgetting sg history blogger Peter Chan, who was also a rugby player...... those were the days when RI had not only to contend with St Andrews, but also the whiteys of the Singapore American School and St John's Comprehensive....

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes... a very nice guy. A great long distance runner without a turban. I wonder where he is now?

Then there were sportsmen who captured our imagination like Andrew Chee with his 100 metre dash......

Not forgetting sg history blogger Peter Chan, who was also a rugby player...... those were the days when RI had not only to contend with St Andrews, but also the whiteys of the Singapore American School and St John's Comprehensive....

I believe that Jai Singh was at the recent RI homecoming.
Accordingly, if you contact RI or the ORA, you should be able to locate him.

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just learnt from Wikipedia that Kong Hee is an old boy of RI.

He schooled at Raffles Institution (1977–1980), Raffles Junior College (1981–1982) as well as National University of Singapore, Bachelor of Science (Computer & Information Sciences) (1985–1988).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kong_Hee

ontheA1

Alfrescian
Loyal

I know Peter fairly well. He collects old news and lives in the East Coast.

Victory2016

Alfrescian
Loyal
Peter Chan was one of the few boys who came from naughty boys schools like Boys Town. We called him "Peter the Dog" because he used to bark like one.

Trade and Industry Minister Lim Hng Kiang was his classmate and huntum bola kaki.

In those days, RI received the best and brightest. Simple recess time games like Huntum Bola was the rage.

Hope this is still true today....... but I think kids are whimps nowadays....

Victory2016

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quek WY.JPG

Class of 73..... RIP....

Victory2016

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quah KS.JPG

March 1970 ....... RI marches to Soccer success.

Today, I heard RI do not even have a soccer team. Is this true?

iamhere

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are a Fucktard. Ah Wong is from Outram Secondary.
And please stop embarassing your own PAP. Really a Fucktard.

Lee Kuan Yew - Raffles Institution
Goh Chok Tong - Raffles Institution
Goh Keng Swee - Anglo-Chinese School
S Rajaratnam - Raffles Institution
S. Jayakumar - Raffles Institution
Lee Hsien Loong - Catholic High School
Teo Chee Hean - St Joseph's Institution
K Shanmugam - Raffles Institution
Lim Hng Kiang - Raffles Institution
Raymond Lim - Raffles Institution
Heng Swee Keat - Raffles Institution
Chan Chun Sing - Raffles Institution
Abdullah Tarmugi - Raffles Institution
Othman Wok - Raffles Institution
Dr Ahmad Mattar- Raffles Institution
E W Barker - Raffles Institution
S Dhanabalan - Victoria School
Lee Yock Suan - Raffles Institution
Dr Vivian Balakrishnan - Anglo-Chinese School
Dr Ng Eng Hen - Anglo-Chinese School
Tharman Shanmugaratnam - Anglo-Chinese School
Grace Fu - Nanyang Girls' High School
George Yeo - St Patrick's School / St Joseph's Institution
Mah Bow Tan - St Joseph's Institution
Lui Tuck Yew - Anglo-Chinese School
Lim Swee Say - Catholic High School
Gan Kim Yong - Catholic High School
S Iswaran - St Andrew Secondary School
Wong Kan Seng - Outram Secondary School
Dr Yaacob Ibrahim - Tanjong Katong Secondary School
Lim Boon Heng - Monfort Secondary School
Dr Lee Boon Yang - Monfort Secondary School
Lawrence Wong - Tanjong Katong Secondary School
Tan Chuan Jin - Anglo- Chinese School
Khaw Boon Wan - Chung Ling High School Penang
Lim Hwee Hua - Cresent Girls' School
Dr Yeo Ning Hong - Gan Eng Seng School
Former President Yusof Ishak - Raffles Institution
Former President Benjamin Sheares - Raffles Institution
Former President Devan Nair - Victoria School
Former President Wee Kim Wee - Raffles Institution
Former President Ong Teng Cheong - Chinese High School ( now Hwa Chong Institution )
Former President S R Nathan - Victoria School
Current President Tony Tan - St Patrick School/ St Joseph Institution ( he was Head Prefect in St Patrick )

victoria school and raffles institution produced "TRANSLATORS" aka TRAITORS?

Victory2016

Alfrescian
Loyal
12066883_10153023839841895_2049802431_n.jpg

Old RI boy Kong Hee ordains his wife a second round.........

Looks like RI also has influence in the cultic domain.......other than politics......