• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

(Questions) Inheritanxe without a Will in sg

knowwhatyouwantinlife

Alfrescian
Loyal
Would like to ask the members here how is inheritance distributed to family members if no will has been written...the cpf and hdb part is straightforward with the assets going to the spouse first...what about shares in cdp, money in posb savings account, cash value from life insurance? Appreciate your kind advise and insights

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Would like to ask the members here how is inheritance distributed to family members if no will has been written...the cpf and hdb part is straightforward with the assets going to the spouse first...what about shares in cdp, money in posb savings account, cash value from life insurance? Appreciate your kind advise and insights

It goes to Public Trustee Office?

Grace

Alfrescian
Loyal
Screenshot_2020-02-07-13-23-14-655_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg

Grace

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hdb-if Tenancy in common,
can be big problem.
must apply Letter of Administration.

if joint tenancy,
then straightfwd.

Posb-when my brother passed away, my parents claimed his money from Posb with his Death Cert. Fast and simple.

I dont know abt other banks.

Grace

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another issue-if he has outstanding loans,
credit cards, etc,
their lawyers are very quick to know and
will send Letter of Demand,
yes, just like ah long.
to chase payment.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Another issue-if he has outstanding loans,
credit cards, etc,
their lawyers are very quick to know and
will send Letter of Demand,
yes, just like ah long.
to chase payment.

Yes, like piranhas smelling blood, but in this case the smell of a cadaver ha ha ha

knowwhatyouwantinlife

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hdb-if Tenancy in common,
can be big problem.
must apply Letter of Administration.

if joint tenancy,
then straightfwd.

Posb-when my brother passed away, my parents claimed his money from Posb with his Death Cert. Fast and simple.

I dont know abt other banks.
Thanks but I think the amount is limited to 5k or something