• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

QB House increased price from $10 to $12 for Haircut

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
Better ask the legions of unemployed sinkies to become roadside barbers charging 6 bucks... that is, if they can cut straight. :biggrin:

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For JB all half price compare to SG for
1. Hair cut
2. Message
3. Petrol

Other on average 30% cheaper.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
As more & more sinkies are going botak by the day; QB's decision is quite right..they are not going to wait till that moment when they have no more hairs to cut ..:wink::eek:

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
10 bucks how to survive? At most make 200 bucks a day on average. 6k a month. Rent? Wages? Utilities?

I wonder how those knick knacks shop make money in shopping centres..
You are wrong. Go to any qb house and start counting. Average open 11 hours everyday. Two to four hairstylists on duty. Seldom you see any hairstylist idling, and always at least one or two customers inside. Average haircut time around 15 min, including clean up and a bit of idling time.

So 11 x 2 x 4 = 88 customers a day, or $880 a day revenue. That's almost $27000 PM gross revenue.

Net profit per outlet easily $7k PM.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You are wrong. Go to any qb house and start counting. Average open 11 hours everyday. Two to four hairstylists on duty. Seldom you see any hairstylist idling, and always at least one or two customers inside. Average haircut time around 15 min, including clean up and a bit of idling time.

So 11 x 2 x 4 = 88 customers a day, or $880 a day revenue. That's almost $27000 PM gross revenue.

I doubt those QB House hair stylists earn much themselves. Most of the profits are channeled up to the bosses further up the food chain.

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
I doubt this. 88 customers for every outlet per day. Got alot of other hair salons and barbers around. I do not think the workers there are robots and want to chong and cut as many customers in the 11 hrs.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wont the barbers get paid per head???so if they work 4 hrs,,and got 20 customers,,they get paid for 20 customers,,,but think about it,,on yr feet the wholetime,, really damn tiring man

I doubt this. 88 customers for every outlet per day. Got alot of other hair salons and barbers around. I do not think the workers there are robots and want to chong and cut as many customers in the 11 hrs.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
I doubt those QB House hair stylists earn much themselves. Most of the profits are channeled up to the bosses further up the food chain.
I think they are paid quite alright, between 2 - 4 k PM. Low basic, plus commission per cut, hence the need for the card as a counter. They look fairly happy, and in this biz, skill and attitude are important, so the company should be doing much better than smrt on this aspect.

The manpower cost per outlet is around 10 to 14k, rental at 4k and the rest for miscellaneous costs and depreciation. Good business with so many outlets.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
They rotate as is tiring job and once tired, easy to piss of customer. Think each work around six to eight hrs per day, max.

There are 5.3 mil people here. Just count the males, 2.6 mil, each need on average 7 hair cuts per year, that's about 15 mil haircuts per yr, or $150 mil if only spend $10 per cut. Say qb house has 10% of market, that's a revenue of $15mil a yr. each outlet makes revenue of $300k pa, so they can have 50 outlets in sg.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

How do you do your maths? What formula you use for 11 x 2 x 4?

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Sucking Service Is Good

The cheapest and best hair-cut is from SNIP STREET.

Only $3.80

Unbeatable. They've branches in most estates.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Controversial Income

Taxi-Accountant-Manager.jpg

Got another controversy about the new found Barber Manager or Taxi CEO formula ? Do we get see it any higher ?

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
11 hrs, 2 stylists, 4 customers per stylist per hr.

1.5 customers per stylist per hr will be more accurate.

Time and again, I see no customer or just 1 customer worked on by 1 stylist.

In any case, I've never got inside QB or EC to have a hair-cut. I've right-graded from shopping centre upmarket hair salons to Malay barber shop and now to Snip Street after I discovered its $3.80 per hair cut.

Also, at Snip Street, I can make friends with the PRC cashier or the female hair stylist, which all of them come from Malaysia.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your observation is very similar to many people who have told me that they often see NO customers in Osim outlets. Yet, Osim is one of the most profitable local retailers in S'pore, and its massage chairs are still in great demand.

Osim sells one chair for thousands. QB house sells haircuts for 10 bucks. How to compare?
I tried out Snip Avenue. OK leh.