• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Qantas toh liao!!!

ilovesingapore

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Airline will also freeze pay for all employees and cut the salaries of executives

SYDNEY — Qantas Airways said today (Dec 5) it will slash 1,000 jobs and suffer half-year losses of at least A$250 million (S$284 million), increasing the likelihood that regulators will throw the flag carrier a lifeline by easing restrictions on foreign ownership.

Lower demand, a strong Australian dollar and steep fuel costs have put pressure on the airline, which warned that conditions are expected to remain volatile next year.

“The challenges we now face are immense but we will overcome them,” CEO Alan Joyce said in a statement. “The Australian international market is the toughest anywhere in the world.”

Qantas said it expects to post pre-tax losses of between A$250 million and A$300 million for the six months ending Dec 31.

In a bid to save A$2 billion over three years, the airline plans to ax at least 1,000 jobs within 12 months, freeze pay for all employees and cut the salaries of Mr Joyce and other executives.

The news sent Qantas stock plummeting, with the price dropping as much as 17 per cent.

A range of measures to help the airline have been considered.

Last month, Australia’s Treasurer Joe Hockey suggested the government may need to change rules that currently limit foreign ownership in the airline to 49 per cent.

Earlier this year, Qantas attempted to boost its struggling international division by signing a 10-year partnership with Dubai-based rival Emirates. AP

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is what happens when you shift your Asian hub to Dubai and link up with Emirates.
No guesses as to who is the winner in this partnership.

nutbush

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think Qantas is in better shape than SIA. i remember a mat who was retrenched from SIA many years ago, it was a blessing in disguise for him and family. he was recruited by Qantas and live happily ever after in down under. he made more kids there and most of his kids education are taken care of. not sure about this though, he told me that he still collecting rent from his bishan flat...:wink:

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dubai and Qatar.....modern ghettoes
#22 http://sammyboy.com/showthread.php?1...yourself/page2

acc to kopiuncle - of a good, kind and compassionate man of purity, a man of clarity and a very pious man - full of humility.

but that man said this. "One day you will come crawling to me, and I will grind you deeper in the dirt!"

now here for all to see, this piece of coffeeturd lie, con, and distort only to mislead.

chinese also call this condition as "eyes pasted with turd".

she exits, he enters

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is what happens when you shift your Asian hub to Dubai and link up with Emirates.

No guesses as to what will happen to a certain country when they throw the door open to all the ah neh shit skin and thought that such invasion and link up will be good for all concerned. No guesses who is the winner in this partnership eventually.

ilovesingapore

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Singapore is not that stupid to be invaded. We have great strategists in our midst and we will control our country our way and protect our way of life. There is no way anyone can come in invited and take over our country. We are too smart for such a cunning move. We are Singaporeans - one country, one people, one nation and we are all united .Majulah Singapura!!!

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore is not that stupid to be invaded. We have great strategists in our midst and we will control our country our way and protect our way of life. There is no way anyone can come in invited and take over our country. We are too smart for such a cunning move. We are Singaporeans - one country, one people, one nation and we are all united .Majulah Singapura!!!

Heard of the term ..TOO SMART FOR YOUR OWN GOOD! hahahaha

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
such a cun
yes but you miss a t

#22 http://sammyboy.com/showthread.php?1...yourself/page2

acc to kopiuncle - of a good, kind and compassionate man of purity, a man of clarity and a very pious man - full of humility.

but that man said this. "One day you will come crawling to me, and I will grind you deeper in the dirt!"

now here for all to see, this piece of coffeeturd lie, con, and distort only to mislead.

chinese also call this condition as "eyes pasted with turd".

she exits, he enters

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Now we know why cost of living shot up like nobody's business, it's to protect lau chee bye's baby Ass-IA...

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i think Qantas is in better shape than SIA. i remember a mat who was retrenched from SIA many years ago, it was a blessing in disguise for him and family. he was recruited by Qantas and live happily ever after in down under. he made more kids there and most of his kids education are taken care of. not sure about this though, he told me that he still collecting rent from his bishan flat...:wink:

You "think" (and not by facts) Qantas is better shape than SIA and your opinion is based on one Malay family? Good job.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
No guesses as to what will happen to a certain country when they throw the door open to all the ah neh shit skin and thought that such invasion and link up will be good for all concerned. No guesses who is the winner in this partnership eventually.

Tonychat, you mean your country Bagalasia?

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

My thought is shifting the hub from Asia to ME is a big mistake.
Currently, the growth in air travel is in Asia, not Europe.

Maybe at that time Qantas was thinking they the first ones to shift hub from Asia to Dubai to for first opportunity.
If I recall, they actually shifted from Singapore to Dubai., which actually benefited SIA.

Last edited:

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My thought is shifting the hub from Asia to ME is a big mistake.
Currently, the growth in air travel is in Asia, not Europe.

Maybe at that time Qantas was thinking they the first ones to shift hub from Asia to Dubai to for first opportunity.
If I recall, they actually shifted from Singapore to Dubai., which actually benefited SIA.

The objective of establishing an regional airline hub in Asia is fiercely competitive. Changi, KLIA, Chek Lap Kok (HK) are all vying to be the Asian hub for many of the world's carriers.

I guess Qantas' strategy in moving its operational hub to Dubai was to leverage off Emirates extensive network of routes in the Middle East and Europe whilst allowing them greater accessibilty to OZ and NZ routes through code share. It will be interesting to see how this partnership turns out for Qantas but with Alan Joyce in charge, I'm not optimistic.

Personally, if I were travelling between Europe and Oz, I'd rather break my journey in Asia than in the Middle East, in fact most European carriers still break their journeys in Asian cities before flying on to Oz.

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The average wage of Quantas employees is about more than 2 to 3 times of SIA & Emirates. It is difficult for Qantas to compete on price because companies like SIA uses cheap labor from the 3rd world to lower their costs.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is what happens when a minimum wage is implemented.

Another way to look at it is that companies like SIA & Emirates are exploiting cheap labor from the 3rd world. Isn't that what the PAP is doing by importing millions of cheap labor:confused:
I think the practise is known as wage dumping.

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All these just proved that singapore's government runs the country better than Australia's. Everyone living in Singapore should count their blessings for such good governance. For the poor losers here, your criticisms online will not affect the majority much as they are grateful enough to the PAP for the good lives they have here. Singapore should be known as the lucky country under PAP's wise leadership.

Singapore Airlines is one of those proposed foreign investors to buy Qantas. We should all proud that our country's so rich and buying instead of selling assets.

Last edited: