• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
One of the problems in this band wagon investment is people tend to over buy and hope to flip and gain quick money. Of late, we see some posts that buyers are thinking of giving up a unit or two, not getting high mortgage to cover the purchases, etc. And there are news that Pinetree is not selling really well though it tried to project it had been wholly sold, there are some unsold units still in Teega, even Encorp has couple of units too.

One fear is there are too many investors and when the projects are completed, many units would be out in the market. Rentals and subsale would suffer. Easily 50% of the units would be unoccupied, thus the local population would suffer.

Investment is a very personal and no one have the same investment criteria. That's my 2 sen worth.

Good views.

Iskandar is a good bet. How many times in your life can you get a chance to invest in an emerging metropolis??? :smile:

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi All, newbie question. If the developer accepts your cheque and agrees to reserve your preferred unit and promises to give you the S&P when it is officially launched, is it most likely a done deal? I know anything can change as long as the S&P is not signed. Common practise in MY? thanks in advance

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
One of the problems in this band wagon investment is people tend to over buy and hope to flip and gain quick money. Of late, we see some posts that buyers are thinking of giving up a unit or two, not getting high mortgage to cover the purchases, etc. And there are news that Pinetree is not selling really well though it tried to project it had been wholly sold, there are some unsold units still in Teega, even Encorp has couple of units too.

One fear is there are too many investors and when the projects are completed, many units would be out in the market. Rentals and subsale would suffer. Easily 50% of the units would be unoccupied, thus the local population would suffer.

Investment is a very personal and no one have the same investment criteria. That's my 2 sen worth.

One other concern is the forming of critical mass for sustainable economic activities seems lagging behind the huge volume of residential properties coming online. No doubt we are seeing the fruition of theme parks and universities and colleges, but some of these lead fair whether existence. Notwithstanding all the concerns and should any unforseen setback happen, IMHO Nusajaya should at very least survive quite well as foreingner second home or/and retirement town/city for some years to wait to charge second time.

wolverine23

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think one of the problems with Johor ppty is that it is hard to sell off. 1 point is because the banks usually do not match asking prices....

It is best to take a long term view (ie. 10 years) to see some significant gains...

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think one of the problems with Johor ppty is that it is hard to sell off. 1 point is because the banks usually do not match asking prices....

It is best to take a long term view (ie. 10 years) to see some significant gains...

if one has gone to puteri harbour to purchase a property and after having seen the place and do not want to at least live there for some years when it's ready but simply hope to flip or subsale should not complain if they cant profit much or any at all after a few years. we jolly well know it is an empty land from the start and it obviously going to take years for the place to be developed but for those who only simply want to make money and simply not interested staying there at all should be better off putting their monies somewhere else.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many salesmen does that trick. They collect your cheque and say not to worry, when it is officially launched, they will key in your name. Problem is all the other salesmen will do the same and all all reserve the same unit. So in the end, there's no deal. You must get the "Offer to Purchase / Sale" letter as an interim booking measure while waiting for the process of S & P to go through.

Hi All, newbie question. If the developer accepts your cheque and agrees to reserve your preferred unit and promises to give you the S&P when it is officially launched, is it most likely a done deal? I know anything can change as long as the S&P is not signed. Common practise in MY? thanks in advance

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hopefully when Somerset is completed, we will have a long row of alfresco dining similar to that of Quayside Isle in Sentosa, saw that in The Edge, pretty exciting.

wolverine23

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's an acquired skill to be able to get choice units from new launches..... not easy... :smile:

Many salesmen does that trick. They collect your cheque and say not to worry, when it is officially launched, they will key in your name. Problem is all the other salesmen will do the same and all all reserve the same unit. So in the end, there's no deal. You must get the "Offer to Purchase / Sale" letter as an interim booking measure while waiting for the process of S & P to go through.

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many salesmen does that trick. You must get the "Offer to Purchase / Sale" letter as an interim booking measure while waiting for the process of S & P to go through.

Thank you for your answer. I did the booking directly with the developer at the developer's office so I am keeping my fingers crossed. But if they do play me out in the end then so be it. I am actually almost fully invested in SG anyway. So if it doesnt happen, its good for my cash flow actually.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Those whom bought below RM1k psf is sitting pretty.

I think developers like UEM will profit most rather than small timers like us in Puteri Harbour where they can sell and sell and sell.

If you draw a plot of land to build 1000 units in PH, you can probably draw up to 10 or more plots.

PH is beautiful. I have been there too. But the endless land really frighten me.

Not everyone have endless bullet in property investment, but try not to miss too many time.
It really make you give up totally. And you maybe giving up what you do best in life just because of a misfire.

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Those whom bought below RM1k psf is sitting pretty.

I think developers like UEM will profit most rather than small timers like us in Puteri Harbour where they can sell and sell and sell.

If you draw a plot of land to build 1000 units in PH, you can probably draw up to 10 or more plots.

PH is beautiful. I have been there too. But the endless land really frighten me.

Not everyone have endless bullet in property investment, but try not to miss too many time.
It really make you give up totally. And you maybe giving up what you do best in life just because of a misfire."

Actually land is endless in the whole of Iskandar. For Puteri Harbor, land that is bordering the marinas is limited and thats where the value lies. It is not endless.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"Those whom bought below RM1k psf is sitting pretty.

It really make you give up totally. And you maybe giving up what you do best in life just because of a misfire."

Actually land is endless in the whole of Iskandar. For Puteri Harbor, land that is bordering the marinas is limited and thats where the value lies. It is not endless.

Then again, how much will you pay?
RM1500 psf? RM2000 psf?
Is it safe bet on those price?
Or maybe landed will have better return, better margin of safety?

I am saying is the price that PH is asking NOW, can you buy a better value property elsewhere.

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
well, you certainly did not mention that you are talking abt CURRENT prices. You had emphasised on PH land being endless which is not entirely correct as I had explained.

Last edited:

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
well, you certainly did not mention that you are talking abt CURRENT prices. You had emphasised on PH land being endless which is not entirely correct as I had explained.

Time will tell....

Right or wrong you will know when you sell.

wolverine23

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hopefully all who are vested (in any part of Iskandar) now can sell for at least double the purchase price.... then all happy.... but of course, some might still regret selling if it goes up 3 or 4 x more :smile:

Last edited: