• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

OracleMasia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hopefully all who are vested (in any part of Iskandar) now can sell for at least double the purchase price.... then all happy.... but of course, some might still regret selling if it goes up 3 or 4 x more :smile:
A lot of people who buy property focus only on price. I focus on value > price.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My point is not against owners.

I meant do not get screwed by developers.

I saw enough people got screwed even in Singapore.

Buying Reflection in 2008 and yet lost $200,000. That should not happened, but the developer overprice their project and screwed everyone.

One week ago it is the turn of D'Leedon owners got screwed with a 15% on new units.

Last edited:

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Of course I know when I sell. Hope u won't regret when its yr turn to sell.

I have my fair share of losses in properties.

It is the losses than educate me. Profit do not do anything in education except financial gain.

I saw a pattern in Iskandar similar to Spain, China. It is really painful.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can explain more in detail?

I can feel what it meant..... Hope oracle verified....

It is buying Bak Kua at $40/kg in PH.

You wonder whether you can buy cheaper in SKY 88 and get a better tasted.

Or whether you should buy $45/kg in Gurney Dr Penang for the label just like Lim Zhi Yuan.

Price is what you pay.
Value is what you get in return.

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can explain more in detail?

I think what he mean is dun just focus on cheap, cheap, cheap. must look at value for money. sometimes its more worthwhile to pay more for ppty that can go up in value vs a cheap ppty with no upwards potential...

Last edited:

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hmm...so the point is to look for a property which is cheap and has value! :smile:

What my friend meant is to buy expensive and hope it will be more expensive later.

No....I am wrong....

He mean only more money can buy value, cheap property got not potential.

Seriously ... I also don't know anything now. Haha....

Last edited:

wolverine23

Alfrescian
Loyal
wah! i nother words, poor people no need to invest in property! :(

Can poor man like me buy a cheap ppty and hope the MRT pops up 50m from it? :smile: :smile: :smile:

What my friend meant is to buy expensive and hope it will be more expensive later.

No....I am wrong....

Newbie11

Alfrescian
Loyal

No....I am wrong....

In a bull mkt, nothing is cheap. I agree it's to find the value buys among policies, mkt demographics, buyer profiles.. Prof has always emphasized on the safest and value buys.

If a project with lesser value sells out fast, does that show its potential? perhaps start of a new trend? Remember the days of optima and caspian?

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Went on a tour of Iskandar recently. Wanted to buy commercial. Ended up buying condo at PH. I bought cos
1. its "excess money" from whatever that I had leftover from SG
2. Lots of HOT money globally
3. PH is unique
4. Iskandar taking shape
5. Cooling measures in SG

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
When they ultimately take me out of moderation, I will share more of my experiences and thoughts with you guys. Kinda hard to type when they restrict me to 500 characters.

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
OK. Looks like they have taken me out of moderation so I can finally share my experience with all of you.

I am a risk lover and have taken risks that even I thought were crazy. I have lost tons but lucky for me, I have made more than I lost and thats why I am still in this forum today. I have a been a doubter of Malaysia for the longest time. With white elephants throughout the country, I sincerely doubted Iskandar was going to work. However, on one of my golf games, my buddy insisted on lunching at Bukit Indah and from my observation I thought "Maybe Iskandar is starting to rise. It might work after all." And then I began my research in earnest. If this was going to be a hot game, I wanted to be in it.

At first, I looked at residential and I wrote that off. With so much land, Johor is never going to run out of land to build houses. And then I looked at commercial. And the numbers looked really good. I was sure I was going to buy BIG shop houses. Then I did the site visits. Then I got cold feet. Then I worked the numbers again. I came to the conclusion that it wasnt my game. It was too much risk for me. My balls arent big enough. It's a game for people with bigger balls than mine.

Let's face it. I am a lazy SOB. I am not going to operate a business in Malaysia (even though I am running one in SG). I am just a good arm chair quarterback. I am good at ordering people around but I leave the dirty work to other people.

And so I revisted residential property. I looked at HH, JB CBD, PH and Penang. Actually I also looked at BKK and London. I liked HH cos I love to golf but it's like buying a cow for the milk. And i wasn't too pleased with the sharp increase in price but it was ultimately the HUGE land bank at HH that turned me off. If and when they finish selling all those houses, I doubt I will be able to get a slot to play golf.

JB CBD: Someone in the family already bought a unit at Sky 88.

Penang: Too far. Too expensive. Could be a bubble. Iskandar would gain more than Penang.

Which then led me to PH. The crown jewel of Iskandar. In my short tour of the place, I saw roads, beautiful plants, nice street lamps, Heritage Centre(?), etc. I felt that the Malaysians are finally waking up. They have finally decided to do some serious work. And so after doing more research, I decided to buy a small unit at PH. Johor may have lots of land but there is only 1 PH.

At the end of the day, if it makes money, I may sell it. If not, it would make a very nice holiday home. :smile:

teega

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nottiboy, can share about your research? What research hv u done that convince u to buy a unit at PH?

OK. Looks like they have taken me out of moderation so I can finally share my experience with all of you.

I am a risk lover and have taken risks that even I thought were crazy. I have lost tons but lucky for me, I have made more than I lost and thats why I am still in this forum today. I have a been a doubter of Malaysia for the longest time. With white elephants throughout the country, I sincerely doubted Iskandar was going to work. However, on one of my golf games, my buddy insisted on lunching at Bukit Indah and from my observation I thought "Maybe Iskandar is starting to rise. It might work after all." And then I began my research in earnest. If this was going to be a hot game, I wanted to be in it.

At first, I looked at residential and I wrote that off. With so much land, Johor is never going to run out of land to build houses. And then I looked at commercial. And the numbers looked really good. I was sure I was going to buy BIG shop houses. Then I did the site visits. Then I got cold feet. Then I worked the numbers again. I came to the conclusion that it wasnt my game. It was too much risk for me. My balls arent big enough. It's a game for people with bigger balls than mine.

Let's face it. I am a lazy SOB. I am not going to operate a business in Malaysia (even though I am running one in SG). I am just a good arm chair quarterback. I am good at ordering people around but I leave the dirty work to other people.

And so I revisted residential property. I looked at HH, JB CBD, PH and Penang. Actually I also looked at BKK and London. I liked HH cos I love to golf but it's like buying a cow for the milk. And i wasn't too pleased with the sharp increase in price but it was ultimately the HUGE land bank at HH that turned me off. If and when they finish selling all those houses, I doubt I will be able to get a slot to play golf.

Penang: Too far. Too expensive. Could be a bubble. Iskandar would gain more than Penang.

Which then led me to PH. The crown jewel of Iskandar. In my short tour of the place, I saw roads, beautiful plants, nice street lamps, Heritage Centre(?), etc. I felt that the Malaysians are finally waking up. They have finally decided to do some serious work. And so after doing more research, I decided to buy a small unit at PH. Johor may have lots of land but there is only 1 PH.

At the end of the day, if it makes money, I may sell it. If not, it would make a very nice holiday home. :smile:

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal

hi,

why u say there is only one PH ? Wat u find so special abt PH ?

wolverine23

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is also only 1 Danga Bay! :smile: