• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

quartz28

Alfrescian
Loyal
I bought 4 units from them after all in discount n rebate is RM700psf cos mine are 3 bedders 1500sqf. They also waive the S$5k that I need to pay to book.
I just assume RM100psf for ID and furnishing. Pls correct me

Thanks. .. guess 1st phase of buyers discount together with mass purchase leverage provided you with one of the lowest psf in this project! Great for you!

Side talk.... do you get any other property or invest in bird nest with ns global?

arcojos

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who cares if it is premium or non-premium developer?

Would you rather have PH developed quicker or would you rather have hectares of empty plots of land with your PREMIUM condo sitting in the middle of it?

Go figure in the WC.

flyer380

Alfrescian
Loyal
That Encorp unit @ 1450 sq ft cost me arm and leg.....:mad: but it is worth given the high quality

Rm1450...mmmm thats way way above the safety net of Rm600 leh...and way way above established areas at Rm400+. But still a good buy if for own stay as Encorp the design is Iconic, etc etc. But just hold on to it for veyr very long term as definately you will go thru a "stabilization period" in the coming years as the global crisis unfolds, it may drop to near safety net price of about Rm800-600, the trick is dont panic, dont sell as it will recover one SG and Msia goverments work to climb out of the global crisis. So as I said buy for own stay is not a problem as price after the 2 years global crisis, the price will climb back to Rm1200 and then even to Rm1500 and beyond by 2025.

flyer380

Alfrescian
Loyal
RM600psf...wow. tat would be the price of my Somerset Puteri Harbour units if u take away the furnishing and ID.

Yes and dont forget thats, Somerset and UEM Land. in car terms its a BMW, so dont know why proton wanna sell at Rm1300, mmm actually not even proton as proton already have few series of cars... what other car that just came our first time, untested before ah? ...If BMW sells at Rm600 -Rm700 then shouldn't a unknow car with much consumer risk be lower and not higher ?

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rm1450...mmmm thats way way above the safety net of Rm600 leh...and way way above established areas at Rm400+. But still a good buy if for own stay as Encorp the design is Iconic, etc etc. But just hold on to it for veyr very long term as definately you will go thru a "stabilization period" in the coming years as the global crisis unfolds, it may drop to near safety net price of about Rm800-600, the trick is dont panic, dont sell as it will recover one SG and Msia goverments work to climb out of the global crisis. So as I said buy for own stay is not a problem as price after the 2 years global crisis, the price will climb back to Rm1200 and then even to Rm1500 and beyond by 2025.

Actually it is 1450 sq ft and not 1450 psf. It is less than 1130 psf after discount.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's very common for so called all take up esp by non premium developer. They just do an internal adjustment. At rm1300 when it comes to the real otp and spa signing many many will pull out of the sale last min. with online banking just need a click of the button to stop chq so dont be too fooled by
claims that at rm 1300 is taken up, remember its not a done deal till spa is signed, and since its not a logical price based not on fundamentals many little lambs will suddenly wake up and pull out of the deal. This happen to Imperia, originally it was suppose to soft sale at rmXxxx, due to legal reasons i cant tell u full details but after being full "booked" at pre pre launch many pull out and didnt commit so it was ... long story short.. finally sold at rm600+ at the actual fair value. Encorp is very very different so thats another story. Anyway lets see if little lambs will wake up just before the wolf bite them or before the knife slaughter by the butcher. Not all little lambs are that naive...

Khazanah / UEMland problems

flyer380

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually it is 1450 sq ft and not 1450 psf. It is less than 1130 psf after discount.

Then not so bad leh...Rm1130psf is ok for own stay esp. encorp nice nice building very much nicer than teega ! and 1/3 the density less less people units sharing...

Anyways, even in Singapore, Wing Tai chairman already say there over supply coming, floodling Singapore and Iskandar so please don't simply buy buy buy at high high prices please... Buy own stay ok, investment pls buy below Rm600 or less....

In Iskandar buy to rent out is big big no no no leh esp any price above Rm400psf as locals cant make enough to rent from you..
so be careful when agents/developers/vested people tell u can rent for so and so ....

Sources of Article:-
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/prop...wing-tai-chairman-warns-of-housing-oversupply

flyer380

Alfrescian
Loyal
Khazanah / UEMland problems

the moral of the story is even with big well known developer the "fair price" was at rm600++ even when it was "fully booked at rm1200 or more" so The PINEWOOD sold at way way above fundamentals by unknown first timer in luxurt market will face the same fate .....unless enough naive lambs get eaten alive...yummy...

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks. .. guess 1st phase of buyers discount together with mass purchase leverage provided you with one of the lowest psf in this project! Great for you!

Side talk.... do you get any other property or invest in bird nest with ns global?

So far me and my friends only bought SPH from them. Actually, for Somerset Puteri Harbour, I have been looking out for the project 6 months before it is soft launched. First noticed in the news when Somerset inked a hospitality contract in Iskandar. Then when I received mailer from NS Global, straight away I know what products it was and headed for their office to chop the units way before any soft launch. Although I have chosen all the units with partial marina view (total 8), end up only 4 are available as the Directors got the upper hand to pick first.

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes and dont forget thats, Somerset and UEM Land. in car terms its a BMW, so dont know why proton wanna sell at Rm1300, mmm actually not even proton as proton already have few series of cars... what other car that just came our first time, untested before ah? ...If BMW sells at Rm600 -Rm700 then shouldn't a unknow car with much consumer risk be lower and not higher ?

Actually when I go into the Somerset investment, did not think much on the potential price gain but work out the merits based on the minimum floor return of 5% on purchase price (before rebate) and the potential higher return from profit sharing scheme (as based on any standard hotel contract). All investments risks need to be well managed by the yield eventually. if yield goes up, your product price will go up. or interest goes down, expectation on return goes down, your product price goes up if rental remains same.

And being the one or few products of its kind in the area, it will be a price leader instead of follower in the rental market.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually when I go into the Somerset investment, did not think much on the potential price gain but work out the merits based on the minimum floor return of 5% on purchase price (before rebate) and the potential higher return from profit sharing scheme (as based on any standard hotel contract). All investments risks need to be well managed by the yield eventually. if yield goes up, your product price will go up. or interest goes down, expectation on return goes down, your product price goes up if rental remains same.

And being the one or few products of its kind in the area, it will be a price leader instead of follower in the rental market.

Let me calculate. 4 units x Current market price less buying price = Whao!!!! Buy 4 free 2.:biggrin:
Next time give me hint la and..."I will follow you"

Last edited:

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Then not so bad leh...Rm1130psf is ok for own stay esp. encorp nice nice building very much nicer than teega ! and 1/3 the density less less people units sharing...

Anyways, even in Singapore, Wing Tai chairman already say there over supply coming, floodling Singapore and Iskandar so please don't simply buy buy buy at high high prices please... Buy own stay ok, investment pls buy below Rm600 or less....

In Iskandar buy to rent out is big big no no no leh esp any price above Rm400psf as locals cant make enough to rent from you..
so be careful when agents/developers/vested people tell u can rent for so and so ....

Sources of Article:-
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/prop...wing-tai-chairman-warns-of-housing-oversupply

I don t think the locals are the ones snapping up the more than 1000 plus psf condos at PH as they definitely can t afford it. It's mostly the foreigners and those malaysians from kl and Penang who are much wealthier having made money from their properties up there and hoping to repeat their success here . I for one who definitely not buy anything above 400 psf. Anything above that there is hardly any rental yield to speak of.

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
'Dr Love' plans retirement park
Johor project to feature 100 freehold landed homes and 'medical butlers'
Nov 28, 2012
By Amelia Tan

Singapore's self-styled "Dr Love", Dr Wei Siang Yu, is leading a group of Asian businessmen to invest more than $50 million in a retirement park in Johor that is mainly aimed at Singaporeans.
About 100 freehold landed homes, from 1,500 to 5,000 sq ft, will be built on a 4.86ha plot in Senai in the Iskandar region.
A 1,500 sq ft single-storey unit, with a bedroom, living room and garden is expected to cost about $350,000. The 5,000 sq ft homes will cost about $900,000.
Construction should start by next year and is scheduled to be completed by 2015.
Dr Wei, 43, a medical doctor who earned his "Dr Love" nickname for his efforts in teaching Singaporeans about sex, decided to turn his attention about four years ago to providing services for Asia's rapidly ageing population.
In 2008, he founded Borderless Healthcare Group (BHG), which invests in health-care technology, media and telecommunications services. BHG's real-estate arm is developing the Senai project and there are plans to roll out another two in Iskandar by 2015.
Dr Wei said a group of more than 10 businessmen and tycoons from countries such as Indonesia, China and Singapore are investing in the projects. He declined to reveal more about them as he did not want to affect ongoing negotiations to acquire two more plots for the upcoming projects.
In all, the three projects will offer about 500 landed homes.
BHG's plan is to sell about 40 per cent of the homes to Singaporeans and the rest to retirees from Asian countries such as South Korea, Japan and Indonesia.
Residents can apply for the Malaysia My Second Home Programme promoted by the Malaysian government for long-term stays.
Dr Wei said the selling point is the affordable prices of the homes and their high-tech services.
Residents can hire maids who have attended online caregiving courses developed by BHG. The maids will work with a team of medical butlers via mobile apps to plan diet and fitness programmes for their employers.
The medical butlers, who are trained nurses, will communicate with residents online to schedule their medical appointments and manage their medical records, stored in an online database.
Doctors will be available for consultation in the retirement park. Residents can also use a fitness centre and spa. There will also be hubs for residents to buy medical devices and attend classes to learn how to cook organic food.
Dr Wei estimated that residents will pay between $100 and $1,000 a month to use the services, depending on how many they choose.
Said Dr Wei: "Our goal is to offer services which take care of all our residents' needs at an affordable price."
To ensure residents' safety, the parks will be fenced up and there will be guards on patrol.
In recent years, more Singaporeans have been looking to Malaysia to buy homes due to a weakening ringgit, the lure of owning a landed property and familiarity with the country.
Well-known Singapore companies are also investing in Iskandar. CapitaLand has been appointed project manager for a 2ha urban wellness project in Medini North, a region in Iskandar.
Dr Wei said marketing for the Senai retirement park will start early next year but the response from his friends and business contacts has been good.
Singapore Management University Associate Professor Tan Wee Liang, 54, who is considering buying a home in the Senai park, said: "It is particularly attractive as it is not in some far-flung country but just across the Causeway. Family members and children would have little excuse not to visit."

flyer380

Alfrescian
Loyal
'Dr Love' plans retirement park
Johor project to feature 100 freehold landed homes and 'medical butlers'
Nov 28, 2012
By Amelia Tan

Singapore's self-styled "Dr Love", Dr Wei Siang Yu, is leading a group of Asian businessmen to invest more than $50 million in a retirement park in Johor that is mainly aimed at Singaporeans.
About 100 freehold landed homes, from 1,500 to 5,000 sq ft, will be built on a 4.86ha plot in Senai in the Iskandar region.
A 1,500 sq ft single-storey unit, with a bedroom, living room and garden is expected to cost about $350,000. The 5,000 sq ft homes will cost about $900,000.
Construction should start by next year and is scheduled to be completed by 2015.
Dr Wei, 43, a medical doctor who earned his "Dr Love" nickname for his efforts in teaching Singaporeans about sex, decided to turn his attention about four years ago to providing services for Asia's rapidly ageing population.
In 2008, he founded Borderless Healthcare Group (BHG), which invests in health-care technology, media and telecommunications services. BHG's real-estate arm is developing the Senai project and there are plans to roll out another two in Iskandar by 2015.
Dr Wei said a group of more than 10 businessmen and tycoons from countries such as Indonesia, China and Singapore are investing in the projects. He declined to reveal more about them as he did not want to affect ongoing negotiations to acquire two more plots for the upcoming projects.
In all, the three projects will offer about 500 landed homes.
BHG's plan is to sell about 40 per cent of the homes to Singaporeans and the rest to retirees from Asian countries such as South Korea, Japan and Indonesia.
Residents can apply for the Malaysia My Second Home Programme promoted by the Malaysian government for long-term stays.
Dr Wei said the selling point is the affordable prices of the homes and their high-tech services.
Residents can hire maids who have attended online caregiving courses developed by BHG. The maids will work with a team of medical butlers via mobile apps to plan diet and fitness programmes for their employers.
The medical butlers, who are trained nurses, will communicate with residents online to schedule their medical appointments and manage their medical records, stored in an online database.
Doctors will be available for consultation in the retirement park. Residents can also use a fitness centre and spa. There will also be hubs for residents to buy medical devices and attend classes to learn how to cook organic food.
Dr Wei estimated that residents will pay between $100 and $1,000 a month to use the services, depending on how many they choose.
Said Dr Wei: "Our goal is to offer services which take care of all our residents' needs at an affordable price."
To ensure residents' safety, the parks will be fenced up and there will be guards on patrol.
In recent years, more Singaporeans have been looking to Malaysia to buy homes due to a weakening ringgit, the lure of owning a landed property and familiarity with the country.
Well-known Singapore companies are also investing in Iskandar. CapitaLand has been appointed project manager for a 2ha urban wellness project in Medini North, a region in Iskandar.
Dr Wei said marketing for the Senai retirement park will start early next year but the response from his friends and business contacts has been good.
Singapore Management University Associate Professor Tan Wee Liang, 54, who is considering buying a home in the Senai park, said: "It is particularly attractive as it is not in some far-flung country but just across the Causeway. Family members and children would have little excuse not to visit."

Aiyoo Dr Love what ? Love little lambs ah ? Kulai Senai Area Houses are half price cause its definately a far far far away place leh .. its at least 40mins to 20mins additional time from PH. Dont make sense to buy there. Fair Value for that far far away area is at rm200-rm350psf.. There so much land at Medini, Nusajaya West etc only 5mins to second link why buy 40to20mins away ??

flyer380

Alfrescian
Loyal

you made a very good choice ! congrates.. keep it for long long term as it be ur retirement ATM...

Last edited:

flyer380

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don t think the locals are the ones snapping up the more than 1000 plus psf condos at PH as they definitely can t afford it. It's mostly the foreigners and those malaysians from kl and Penang who are much wealthier having made money from their properties up there and hoping to repeat their success here . I for one who definitely not buy anything above 400 psf. Anything above that there is hardly any rental yield to speak of.

ya anything above rm400 no renta yield to speak off ! Everyone should be given knowledge not to buy more than rm600 for now , Singaporean, Malaysians should have this local knowledge we share here.. we dont want to see anyone regardless of nationality paying more then they should. Also it befenits malaysians when singaporean make their money too when theu buy low and get increase slightly over the years.. better than if sg buy at super high , price crash, sg will never came back and spend money in My, then everyone not benefit, so it the job of everyone to ensure price dont go crazy ...

flyer380

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who cares if it is premium or non-premium developer?

Would you rather have PH developed quicker or would you rather have hectares of empty plots of land with your PREMIUM condo sitting in the middle of it?

Go figure in the WC.

Anyone will care when people blur like sotong buying china car selling more than that BMW lor .. besides dont know drive china car will break down or not.. if nob premium is over priced surely is better to buy premium unless non premium gives u good reason to take on the additional risk buying from a developer that may hang project half way ? JB very famous for this ...
Just stick to Uem Sunrise SP Mah Sing etc u be safer .. unless XYZ give better price than premiun lor and u dont mind take huge huge risk ...

And yes empty land is far far far better than abandone building ! This happen before thru my experince so cant blame me for being extra careful .. and now that Sg government in TODAY paper page 4 Hot news WARN "MAS warns extra borrowing could lead to greater risk" so u sure u wanna place ur bet on a non premium developer ? Yes I will if the price is heavily rewarded for the huge RiSK i an taking.. SP Setia be launching soon at Rm400++ next to Current MegaMall, with Direct bus to Jurong East MRT Daily so Pinewood at Rm1300 is not advisable with the coming global world crisis coming ! Just my humble opinion versus big bad wolf ..Pls dont blow my brick house .. Go blow those little lamb .. they are inside the other house made of straw ... happy eating !

Last edited:

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
ya anything above rm400 no renta yield to speak off ! Everyone should be given knowledge not to buy more than rm600 for now , Singaporean, Malaysians should have this local knowledge we share here.. we dont want to see anyone regardless of nationality paying more then they should. Also it befenits malaysians when singaporean make their money too when theu buy low and get increase slightly over the years.. better than if sg buy at super high , price crash, sg will never came back and spend money in My, then everyone not benefit, so it the job of everyone to ensure price dont go crazy ...

Threshold for rental for a 3 bed room condo with full facilities rm$3000 to rm $3500 max. Also Only expats willing to pay this rental range. For locals the most they want to pay is rm$2000 and below. Those buying PH properties would be hard pressed to get anyone renting rm $4000 and above. If buy for own stay might as well buy a landed at HH or LF. Better capital appreciation in the long run.

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
extract from previous post. would like to highlight

"Well-known Singapore companies are also investing in Iskandar. CapitaLand has been appointed project manager for a 2ha urban wellness project in Medini North, a region in Iskandar."

think that is why capitaland quit its stake in UMLand. To be directly involved instead