• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
#NewsUpdate Upcoming 67 acres of JDT Sports Hub (Bandar Sukan JDT) at Nusajaya

(Full story here)

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/sports/article/jdts-new-football-stadium-to-be-ready-in-18-months

Anybody knows the exact location of this stadium?

I think it is next to Kota Iskandar.

Jan 28, 2016 13:59:00

Spanish club Valencia CF will lend a hand in the development of Johor Darul Ta'zim's new RM200 million stadium.

GOALBY ZULHILMI ZAINAL Follow on Twitter

Spanish side Valencia CF will assist in the development of Johor Darul Ta'zim's (JDT) new stadium, which will be named the Sultan Ibrahim Larkin Stadium, announced club owner Tunku Ismail Ibrahim.

"I... have an agreement with Valencia, who will be helping to build our new stadium, which will begin its construction very soon," he said in a meet-and-greet session with the media and fans on Wednesday.

Valencia is owned by Singaporean tycoon Peter Lim.

The stadium, which will be built as part of the recently announced JDT Sports City project, is named after Tunku Ismail's father and also the Sultan of Johor, Sultan Ibrahim Ismail Iskandar.

When asked why the name Larkin is retained, Tunku Ismail told that it is because he has grown an affinity to the name.

"I'm keeping the name Larkin because I'm fond of it," he said.

Elaborating further on the stadium, he said that the new stadium will cost between RM180-200 million, and will be built and sponsored by Forest City–the firm that is heavily involved in property development in the state of Johor.

Tunku Ismail explained that the stadium will take up half of the land given by the state government for JDT Sports City.

"I will use 35 acres of land to build a new stadium in Iskandar Puteri and the rest for the JDT Sports City project," he said.

On the use of stadiums in the state by teams under the JDT setup, he stated that the current stadium will be taken over by Premier League side JDT II, whereas the Pasir Gudang stadium, currently used by JDT II, will be used by JDT III and JDT IV.

However, he assured the fans that ticket prices will be retained as at the current stadium, and the new stadium will be managed by the club itself.

"The ticket prices for 2016 will be unchanged from last season and at the new stadium in Iskandar Puteri as well," said the Johor crown prince.

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ringgit rising very fast now.

Yes its surely no good for buyers of Malaysia properties. When ringgit was RM 3.10 it was bad for property investors. Now heading up to RM 2.50 and its still bad. If you buy a Malaysia properties, ringgit up or down you are screwed

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes its surely no good for buyers of Malaysia properties. When ringgit was RM 3.10 it was bad for property investors. Now heading up to RM 2.50 and its still bad. If you buy a Malaysia properties, ringgit up or down you are screwed

Depends if you are fully paid or highly leveraged.

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal

Good observation. A lesson to take away here shows that it's not just the RM currency that is the risk.

It's the place itself that is of question. The developmental plans, the government, etc.

It's money one has to be prepared not to use anytime soon. I always thought it's good if it's excess cash and you want to splurge it on a property there.

For investment, there are high risks involved.

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
I cant be shooting down Iskandar because many of us earned S$500,000 within a few years over there with just some $30 to $50k Sing dollars all on business or personal loans in Singapore. In Singapore we never had these kind of profits. Imagine seeing a few million ringgits in your Malaysia account and you suddenly don't know what to spend on or buy. That's how we all feel. Iskandar gave us the kind of little risk compared to Singapore. Cos we only lose in ringgits and even if we lose, we use it for our own stay which is perfect. Everyone who patronise JB for massage, spa or girls etc need a place don't you?

Good observation. A lesson to take away here shows that it's not just the RM currency that is the risk.

It's the place itself that is of question. The developmental plans, the government, etc.

It's money one has to be prepared not to use anytime soon. I always thought it's good if it's excess cash and you want to splurge it on a property there.

For investment, there are high risks involved.

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya those who are thinking hard about high or low ringgits, fully paying or borrow from your ah gong ah ma or ah long etc should continue to stay in Singapore HDB flats which are "HEAVILY AND DEEPLY subsided" by our wonderful govt. Don't venture up north because you might be mugged, sodomised, murdered, raped, gang raped and left to mati in one corner. This is my ernest advice.

Depends if you are fully paid or highly leveraged.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya those who are thinking hard about high or low ringgits, fully paying or borrow from your ah gong ah ma or ah long etc should continue to stay in Singapore HDB flats which are "HEAVILY AND DEEPLY subsided" by our wonderful govt. Don't venture up north because you might be mugged, sodomised, murdered, raped, gang raped and left to mati in one corner. This is my ernest advice.

Huh? What are you talking about? From an investor's POV, having fully paid property and high ringgit is good, so that any returns is more, low RM good for those who took heavy loan, pay less.

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone who signed up for zero down payment and took up say rm800k will be paying rm36800 of interest per year. Even if can rent out for rm3k per month, that only means just enough to pay interest and you assume all the risk. Worth it?

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone who signed up for zero down payment and took up say rm800k will be paying rm36800 of interest per year. Even if can rent out for rm3k per month, that only means just enough to pay interest and you assume all the risk. Worth it?

It is worth it if you do not have enough money for downpayment in Singapore. Do you have any choice?

If someone is willing to sell for zero downpayment and absorb all legal fees, what's there to lose? Even if I have money, I would set it aside and wait till the project is handed over. After that, I have a choice of paying in advance from my savings to cut down interests on my own time or sell it is when there's a upside in the prices. You never depend wholly on rentals to pay your mortgage.

So it is either you take this plunge for an extra property or you end up with just a HDB in Singapore cos you just cannot afford another one. Complain, compare and save all you can, but in property investment, you can never save enough to own one.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is worth it if you do not have enough money for downpayment in Singapore. Do you have any choice?

If someone is willing to sell for zero downpayment and absorb all legal fees, what's there to lose? Even if I have money, I would set it aside and wait till the project is handed over. After that, I have a choice of paying in advance from my savings to cut down interests on my own time or sell it is when there's a upside in the prices. You never depend wholly on rentals to pay your mortgage.

So it is either you take this plunge for an extra property or you end up with just a HDB in Singapore cos you just cannot afford another one. Complain, compare and save all you can, but in property investment, you can never save enough to own one.

You are speaking directly to my circumstances! LOL!

Indeed in Singapore such deals cannot be found, but even if can I also cannot jump on it because buying a $1.3m SG condo versus buying a $300K MY condo is a difference of magnitudes! Banks in Singapore won't even bat an eyelid rejecting my loan application but banks in MY may allow it. It was precisely because there was "nothing to lose" that my wife and I decided to purchase the JB condo as we figured that we can attempt to own another freehold property as

no need for 20% downpayment + no payment until TOP = no immediate cash outlay needed + lead time to work on finances till TOP

For this condo we are hoping the developer would offer the option of renting it out for us (which is what the agent said was part of the plan), or if that does not materialise we are ready to lower rental to get tenants to subsidise our instalments (cup half full or half empty perspective:wink:), and if that also cannot happen then we would just use our HDB rentals which based on current rentals would be just adequate to cover both JB properties' mortgage payments. So with these considerations in mind we took the plunge to increase our asset holdings in JB. Maybe it is a suicidal move to the veteran investors here, but for me it is a rare and small window of opportunity available to take a stab at increasing asset base in the hope that it will work in our favour in the longer term.:p

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are speaking directly to my circumstances! LOL!

Indeed in Singapore such deals cannot be found, but even if can I also cannot jump on it because buying a $1.3m SG condo versus buying a $300K MY condo is a difference of magnitudes! Banks in Singapore won't even bat an eyelid rejecting my loan application but banks in MY may allow it. It was precisely because there was "nothing to lose" that my wife and I decided to purchase the JB condo as we figured that we can attempt to own another freehold property as

no need for 20% downpayment + no payment until TOP = no immediate cash outlay needed + lead time to work on finances till TOP

For this condo we are hoping the developer would offer the option of renting it out for us (which is what the agent said was part of the plan), or if that does not materialise we are ready to lower rental to get tenants to subsidise our instalments (cup half full or half empty perspective:wink:), and if that also cannot happen then we would just use our HDB rentals which based on current rentals would be just adequate to cover both JB properties' mortgage payments. So with these considerations in mind we took the plunge to increase our asset holdings in JB. Maybe it is a suicidal move to the veteran investors here, but for me it is a rare and small window of opportunity available to take a stab at increasing asset base in the hope that it will work in our favour in the longer term.:p

It is never wrong to invest in properties. Some will have better capital appreciation while others will take time.
But is interesting as you build a portfolio across all types and maybe in 10 years time, you look back and say "I really do not know how I did it"
Keep stabbing. You are on the right track.

Last edited:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Frodo,

Freekazoid meant $200,000 SGD = $600,000 MYR.

:biggrin:

It is never wrong to invest in properties. Some will have better capital appreciation while others will take time.
But is interesting as you build a portfolio across all types and maybe in 10 years time, you look back and say "I really do not know how I did it"
Keep stabbing. You are on the right track.

Thanks for the word of affirmation! I also hope I am on the right track and that this track is also right for me. :smile: