• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

freekazoid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Care to share property experience in Australia?

I never had appetite for paper form property investment....feel that the fees require for people to manage and maintain the property not going to make worth...

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Care to share property experience in Australia?

I never had appetite for paper form property investment....feel that the fees require for people to manage and maintain the property not going to make worth...

Buying for own stay and in good location in Melbourne that's all. When I move there eventually I want to study the prospect of buying small malls or shops.

freekazoid

Alfrescian
Loyal
damn I thought everyone that think iskandar is disgusting investment always point to Melbourne the utopia. Now you also say Melbourne good only for some form of own use and on the side a brick investment. Likewise for Iskandar lah...

Steer off topic...iskandar house as alternative living space in time of turbulence or nature's catastrophic is not a bad idea....definitely 1000x better than the tiny bomb shelter...beside my old hdb dont have one :smile:

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
damn I thought everyone that think iskandar is disgusting investment always point to Melbourne the utopia. Now you also say Melbourne good only for some form of own use and on the side a brick investment. Likewise for Iskandar lah...

Steer off topic...iskandar house as alternative living space in time of turbulence or nature's catastrophic is not a bad idea....definitely 1000x better than the tiny bomb shelter...beside my old hdb dont have one :smile:

Don't expect Singapore type returns in big countries, they have lots of land.

btravelling

Alfrescian
Loyal
Returns in Vancouver and Toronto (Canada 2nd largest country in the world) where you say you were brought up certainly have had huge returns for 20 years, due for a correction yes, but the size of the country I do not think matters. It is the desire to live a specific lifestyle a specific city or location has. I would (did) live down town Vancouver, I have no desire to live only 30 KLM away from there. I believe that is why PH has promise as a residence. Yes as you say you can visit but people don't do that, they stay where they are. My childhood friend would visit Vancouver 80klm easy 1 hour drive 2 times a year. I don't want to visit I want the life. It is about the promise of waterfront lifestyle like the Expo lands in Vancouver in the 90s that no one could believe would end up as it did. This is what I look for in PH.
On a side note our corp secretary came to me today telling me her daughter is in top 10 in her class and rather than 2 years in junior college in SG they investigated and are leaning towards Reading in Educity instead, a 1 year program.
We are in a slump everywhere Iskandar and SG included, but there can be a bright future in PH and I do not consider my purchase or myself stupid. I do have concerns about the boarder this BS excuse of security just to slow crossing and discourage Singaporeans is just that, discouraging. How did I land at the airport yesterday and pass customs in under 20 min with a thumb print at the airport but some Aunty must inspect my passport....then my pr paperwork for 10 minutes at the land crossing TO LEAVE is just bullshit.

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal

Cmon! As someone who is a peasant and growing up in HDB, you think your life deserve to be protected? Got HDB to stay but no bomb shelter and u are whining here?

No bomb shelter is the best. Enemy can "enbloc" your block for free.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Returns in Vancouver and Toronto (Canada 2nd largest country in the world) where you say you were brought up certainly have had huge returns for 20 years, due for a correction yes, but the size of the country I do not think matters. It is the desire to live a specific lifestyle a specific city or location has. I would (did) live down town Vancouver, I have no desire to live only 30 KLM away from there. I believe that is why PH has promise as a residence. Yes as you say you can visit but people don't do that, they stay where they are. My childhood friend would visit Vancouver 80klm easy 1 hour drive 2 times a year. I don't want to visit I want the life. It is about the promise of waterfront lifestyle like the Expo lands in Vancouver in the 90s that no one could believe would end up as it did. This is what I look for in PH.
On a side note our corp secretary came to me today telling me her daughter is in top 10 in her class and rather than 2 years in junior college in SG they investigated and are leaning towards Reading in Educity instead, a 1 year program.
We are in a slump everywhere Iskandar and SG included, but there can be a bright future in PH and I do not consider my purchase or myself stupid. I do have concerns about the boarder this BS excuse of security just to slow crossing and discourage Singaporeans is just that, discouraging. How did I land at the airport yesterday and pass customs in under 20 min with a thumb print at the airport but some Aunty must inspect my passport....then my pr paperwork for 10 minutes at the land crossing TO LEAVE is just bullshit.

Well, my HDB investment is only 18kms from Taman Sentosa and on any good day, ie. every weekday from 10 am, I am in Taman Sentosa having breakfast in a 20 to 30 minutes ride, to me is good enough and is more than just visiting Johor. By second link I can be in PH in about 40 minutes.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal

Invest in Global Cities, not countries.
Buy in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, not Australia
Buy in New York, not US
Buy London, not UK
Buy Tokyo, not Japan
Buy Puteri Harbour, not Iskandar. :smile:

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
Honestly, recently I renewed my SG passport, everything was done online and till the e-collection, I dun recall having to meetup with any officer. It was electronic and automated throughout even for such an important document.

So I have confidence that many more thinga are possible in the near future with automation and technology.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hmmm....I wonder what label is tagged on for those buying in Johor NOT hoping to get returns?:p

Must be "super stupid"
Those who did not buy are "clever". Those who only pay rent to enjoy are "super clever".

Gosh...I just realised I am utterly stupid to have so many investments in Malaysia. Should have paid rentals all these years and take the money else where. But then I would not have any assets today..hmm..maybe my level of stupidity suit my asset accumulation. :smile:

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
well.. m sure a substantial amount of loan has been paid off after these years. thanks to your tenants

Must be "super stupid"
Those who did not buy are "clever". Those who only pay rent to enjoy are "super clever".

Gosh...I just realised I am utterly stupid to have so many investments in Malaysia. Should have paid rentals all these years and take the money else where. But then I would not have any assets today..hmm..maybe my level of stupidity suit my asset accumulation. :smile:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Must be "super stupid"

Wah Salute! (not your "stupidity" but your accumulated investment portfolio :wink:)

For me, my HDB became an investment only when I moved over to JB and bought the house that we currently live in, with the HDB rental paying for the mortgage payments. It's a nice feeling that from just one HDB property in Singapore after more than ten over years I could now have two properties (HDB + freehold landed) by moving over to JB. This is something that would have been impossible by remaining in Singapore. And if I had rented in JB instead of buying I would still be having just one HDB property. Am now also eagerly awaiting completion of JB condo which is another property under my own name which is for keeps primarily, though also open to sell if price is good...though that might be quite a while later. LOL!

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Must be "super stupid"

Aya you no need to post here lah, many of your investments are commercial property, property which makes money for tenants, of course they will pay for your assets and when appreciation is good enough, sell and make more money by moving up.

Similar to what I did with factories in Singapore, buy and sell and rent and even operate rent free. But how many sinkies are like that in PH? Can the rents cover instalments? For how long? Do they have the holding power? Could they invest elsewhere?

You Malaysian, definitely will buy in your home ground minimal risk, I am sinkie and buy in my home ground too, regardless of cycle. And my daughter is Australian by my design, so that I can invest there with lower risk.

Don't worry lah, I know you are very, very astute businessman, playing in home ground. it is the lesser wealthy sinkies I am worried about, Johor is not a place to them to cut their teeth in if they don't have the resources. Staying for own stay to escape high prices is good idea, but there is always more than one way to skin a cat.

Last edited:

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah Salute! (not your "stupidity" but your accumulated investment portfolio :wink:)

For me, my HDB became an investment only when I moved over to JB and bought the house that we currently live in, with the HDB rental paying for the mortgage payments. It's a nice feeling that from just one HDB property in Singapore after more than ten over years I could now have two properties (HDB + freehold landed) by moving over to JB. This is something that would have been impossible by remaining in Singapore. And if I had rented in JB instead of buying I would still be having just one HDB property. Am now also eagerly awaiting completion of JB condo which is another property under my own name which is for keeps primarily, though also open to sell if price is good...though that might be quite a while later. LOL!

You started very well as a Singaporean who dare to take the calculated risks and you are not greedy. You live within your means. You are on the right track. I know many Singaporeans who are contented and all they had is just a HDB flat. They prefer to have a "quality" lifestyle than to build assets. Afterall, the Government would take care of them in the end of the day.

Malaysians are different. We are left to rot ourselves. How we make out of life is how we take things by the horns. Chinese says 30% is your luck but 70% is your hardwork.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
You started very well as a Singaporean who dare to take the calculated risks and you are not greedy. You live within your means. You are on the right track. I know many Singaporeans who are contented and all they had is just a HDB flat. They prefer to have a "quality" lifestyle than to build assets. Afterall, the Government would take care of them in the end of the day.

Malaysians are different. We are left to rot ourselves. How we make out of life is how we take things by the horns. Chinese says 30% is your luck but 70% is your hardwork.

To be frank I wished I had started earlier, say 10 years ago, when JB properties can be bought for less than RM500K.:(

As I shared before (rather openly and hope no one throw stones :o), with a single income and under the "definitely pathetic" salary category, we can only try to live within our means and sometimes we exceed budget.:( But the purchase of the condo (the little or no money down kind) was also meant to provide that extra financial boost in the hope (there you go, I also buy in hope of getting some returns! :p) that it can provide extra rental income (hopefully) or capital gains (must hope even more) eventually. Why the risk? Because I am just taking a shot (which is not available in Singapore) at trying to move our family conditions level up by a little bit with the little I have, and I mean literally little. Some of my friends do have concerns that I have overextended myself which is understandable and appreciated and perhaps true in a sense. But this over-extension, taken together, would still be lesser than if I had remained in Singapore and tried to buy a jumbo flat in Woodlands and paid $800K for it. So it was either stay put in Singapore and stick to the status quo, or buy a jumbo and bleed heavily to pay for it, or venture out a little (or much, depending on how you view it) into JB and with much prayers hope things work out.:p

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singaporeans need not worry. At this rate the PAP govt is increasing minimum sum to take care of your aged years, its a matter of time before $1 million be set aside for minimum sum. Everyone should be a CPF millionaire when they are retired.

The question of whether or not they will get to see, feel, touch and use this 1 million is not relevant

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
u did well with no money down. Tat is the best hedge against currency risk

To be frank I wished I had started earlier, say 10 years ago, when JB properties can be bought for less than RM500K.:(

As I shared before (rather openly and hope no one throw stones :o), with a single income and under the "definitely pathetic" salary category, we can only try to live within our means and sometimes we exceed budget.:( But the purchase of the condo (the little or no money down kind) was also meant to provide that extra financial boost in the hope (there you go, I also buy in hope of getting some returns! :p) that it can provide extra rental income (hopefully) or capital gains (must hope even more) eventually. Why the risk? Because I am just taking a shot (which is not available in Singapore) at trying to move our family conditions level up by a little bit with the little I have, and I mean literally little. Some of my friends do have concerns that I have overextended myself which is understandable and appreciated and perhaps true in a sense. But this over-extension, taken together, would still be lesser than if I had remained in Singapore and tried to buy a jumbo flat in Woodlands and paid $800K for it. So it was either stay put in Singapore and stick to the status quo, or buy a jumbo and bleed heavily to pay for it, or venture out a little (or much, depending on how you view it) into JB and with much prayers hope things work out.:p

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
u did well with no money down. Tat is the best hedge against currency risk

Yes, I hope so. So far I had received two letters asking for payments about RM75K each and was happy when told by agent that I can ignore them as these were covered under the 20% rebate offered by developer, and the remaining 80% would be covered by the bank. So no worries for now until 2018.:p