• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thought can do a cheap getaway via Senai. All the way to Senai use public transport too. But sadly....after SG checkpoint...there just swamp of people....queue for bus...literally stuck there until my flight time. The human jam is much worst than last I use this route 10 yrs ago. Missed flight....

Never ever depend on the public transport in JB.
The bus system is poorly planned and executed that come complete with poorly maintained buses, many of them are already falling apart.
The newly located bus terminal below the JB CIQ is a typically classic chaotic zone.
The area is just far too small serving too many buses and worse, the roads into and out of the terminal were perpetually lined with illegal parking on both sides of the roads.......and never you'll see a traffic police there to control (they are probably busy elsewhere collect traffic summons). A bus can easily need to take 15 to 20 mins just to enter or leave the terminal.
And for the taxi service, unless you take one from the CIQ where you buy a ticket for your journey at the counter but elsewhere, you need to haggle the price with the taxi driver and describing your destination with a non English speaking taxi uncle can be a nightmare.

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal
i thought princess cove was scary now forest city

[video=youtube;PXFMZHs1iU0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXFMZHs1iU0[/video]

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal

Stimpy

Alfrescian
Loyal
There were some who listened to a 'guru' and bought 3 properties at one go in 2012/13 and expected to sell at a profit at completion. This year is the moment of truth to find out if the strategy works.

Not for this guy if his bank is auctioning the property off. Think that might be a bargain later this month...you have to expect it to sell well below list price in the current market. I guess anyone buying without a hefty deposit (or hoping to cover by rental) will be tested, multi millionaires excepted. Those buying for themselves will be fine.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
The true test of my words can be seen very soon, no need to revist this thread in the future, this thread would evolve slowly into investors worst nightmares. Beware!

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not for this guy if his bank is auctioning the property off. Think that might be a bargain later this month...you have to expect it to sell well below list price in the current market. I guess anyone buying without a hefty deposit (or hoping to cover by rental) will be tested, multi millionaires excepted. Those buying for themselves will be fine.

The lines between boys and men will be drawn in this economic downturn.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
The lines between boys and men will be drawn in this economic downturn.

What does being boys to men have to do with anything with investing in Puteri Harbour / Iskandar, if you do not have enough money and the bank is foreclosing on you? The line is to draw between the stupid and the smart as Mpan12 already stated. Do not get offended, it is the brutal truth.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
What does being boys to men have to do with anything with investing in Puteri Harbour / Iskandar, if you do not have enough money and the bank is foreclosing on you? The line is to draw between the stupid and the smart as Mpan12 already stated. Do not get offended, it is the brutal truth.

Do you know what is the difference between boys and men?

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal

If I am not wrong, for yourself and xpan12 it just doesn't matter what the economics are at all. Investing in JB is stupid, period. It's not Johor Baru properties, it is Just Bad properties!

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I am not wrong, for yourself and xpan12 it just doesn't matter what the economics are at all. Investing in JB is stupid, period. It's not Johor Baru properties, it is Just Bad properties!

Investing in Johore Baru is really really bad. Plain stupid. And let all these stupid people invest in stupid place and let them sink together.
Me too is a very stupid man. But in the end, even stupid properties still have some value in it. Residual value it is. Much better than those who had none...

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
Every market got its cycle. I won't call people whom buy into Singapore at peak and selling for a big loss wrong too. They have their reasons. Whom are we to judge at the end of the day.

For alot of starters, it could be their first private property investment in their portfolio. During the time of investment decision, the investment could be the best of all options then. And there really is nothing wrong of wanting to start a property investment.

Its always good to take a first step and learn from there and build on it. Its still a freehold property at the end of the day and will outlive all of us here.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you know what is the difference between boys and men?

Sorry even if you are a man with nerves of steel but no brains and money, still won't help investing in the property market. That's why in property investing it is only the stupid and the astute with foresight.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Every market got its cycle. I won't call people whom buy into Singapore at peak and selling for a big loss wrong too. They have their reasons. Whom are we to judge at the end of the day.

For alot of starters, it could be their first private property investment in their portfolio. During the time of investment decision, the investment could be the best of all options then. And there really is nothing wrong of wanting to start a property investment.

Its always good to take a first step and learn from there and build on it. Its still a freehold property at the end of the day and will outlive all of us here.

The liabilities would also outlast you. Buying for own stay in Puteri Harbour is quite safe but many, many sinkies bought hoping to make a quick buck, notice that this thread only have a handful of die hard posters who may have money and holding power, the rest are quietly bleeding for fear of posting here and exposing their stupidity, can't blame them as I would be very quiet too for making such an obviously bad choice. There are rights and wrongs, if you lose your money and bank foreclose that is obviously wrong.

When you talk about cycles in properties, different people also have different capabilities and capacities to weather the storm, to some 25 year cycle is ok, to some 2 years and cannot see any hope for returns, the banks would start foreclosing, so please post on the cycles with more depth in your claims. Everyone knows that are cycles in property markets, without any depth analysis, you are just another Captain Obvious.