• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

Market

Alfrescian
Loyal
I do think that Iskandar safety and crime rate has definitely improved a lot.

With particular reference to PH, it is definitely safer than other places being a new start up area.

Cannot compare crime rate between a 5 miilion population city with a new start up area which is currently lowly populated.

The point raised was the unfair comparison of 'crime and rodent infested SG' to crime free PH.

Would be good if you can scroll up to the earlier conversations.

I certainly do think that one just need to be more street smart in MY relative to SG.

Doesn't mean that I think one is better than the other.

In today's world, everyone can decide where to live, be it SG, MY or even further afield.

http://www.sammyboy.com/search.php?searchid=263390&pp=

his posts mostly confines to LF.

above thread speaks volumes about the misplaced interest here

Last edited:

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal
Data Cloud going to Monaco in June 2015 but only after Puteri Harbour in April 2015.
wow PH is going big time!

data-MY.png

header.jpg

http://www.datacloudasia.com/speakers

Market

Alfrescian
Loyal
Think you are missing the point here.

No one is giving any commanding orders on who should live where.

Just a point that one should be fair when passing comments/judgements in comparison.

With relations to safety in JB, please see my earlier posts.

Seriously, if JB was relatively crime free, prices of properties there would be nearer those in SG, given the proximity.

The market does has a way of working its way with pricing out. And the market is made up of people like you, me and anyone else who would be keen on the area.

This is what is creating the arbitrage pricing difference for investors who can accomodate the difference and take the plunge to invest into Iskandar.

There are many plus points to Iskandar which many of us here would be all too well aware of:

Cost of investments
Space
New start up locations (Medini, PH, Bukit Indah)
Low cost of living
Food
Future development potential
Govt's investments in infrastructure in the area

So, security is one of the many factors that goes into anyone's consideration.

If you think JB is dangerous, why are you even in a "stay in JB forum?" No offense but I am quite curious. I grew up and serve NS and do you think I have every right to stay in Singapore more than in JB?
Anybody, too, would be curious on why ppl telling us true blue Singapore an who served 2-1/2 years of national service to move out from Singapore just because we gripes about all the bad policies affecting Singaporeans.
It is like someone owned this place and can give commanding orders.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thread is not limited to existing PH owners/investors.

The forum should be open to anyone who has interests in PH developments as a whole, either as investors (current/future), visitors or just interested parties.

i agree with what you said above, but i merely highlight your main interest lies in LF.

Market

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.sammyboy.com/search.php?searchid=263390&pp=

his posts mostly confines to LF.

above thread speaks volumes about the misplaced interest here

i agree with what you said above, but i merely highlight your main interest lies in LF.

Thanks for clarification.

Not sure about the reason for the highlight though.

Certainly no misplacement of interest anywhere.

Why should we limit ourselves to options in life?

There are some in this thread who have interests in PH, HH, EL amongst others too, no?

Now that I have contributed so much to the PH threads, I suppose it should have even out my chat history distribution?

Anyways, do agree with the highlights of PH being an interesting place to consider.

Last edited:

Vohkster

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i'm a Singaporean who lived in 7 years in jb 3 years in vietnam, from my understanding,99% of johorean will never buy apartment unit for more than rm 1 mil in johor, even my Malaysian friends said im crazy to spent this amount of money for a 900 sqft unit. they would preferred to buy landed properties.

As you said, myr 1 mil is only sgd 300++ , for us is cheap but for them is not cheap at all, I would expect residence in PH is mostly Singaporean or western expat. frankly speaking, even local will not rent a unit and live in PH because the rental will be more than rm 5k.for expat is difference story as myr 5k is only usd 1.5k for a marina view unit. This is just my personal opinion.

Brother, how can you say that? You may get zapped innocently for such remarks about the difference between landed and condo..shh.. We all know there is a certain individual here with a propensity towards condo ownership.. You know the best part? He's not even a condo owner..

freekazoid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks like it...no other visible reason why it's in Johor...Amazon and many other players in Singapore. MS is Giant with many corporate tied up....set foot in competitors neighboring location...this could represent a first sign of emerging sg-isk regional zone....

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually I refer to PH because I was there at 2am but in general, Nusajaya security ( which includes Bukit Indah which is bustling and surely more congested than any parts of Singapore ) is like any towns in Singapore. During my decade long stay in and around Bukit Indah which included short stays in Bukit Indah, Horizon Hills, Leisure Farm and East Ledang, I haven't really come across serious crimes. That's why I am amazed when I read about how a lady who is almost my age and have a daughter in her 20s can be raped in safe Singapore while jogging alone. I can ignore murder cases such as hubby kill wife etc because that can be attributed to domestic violence and stress. But the incidence of being robbed, molested and raped in Singapore is seriously getting out of hand.

Her victim impact statement which was passed to me by a long-time friend, as usual is somewhat like a template used by most molest and rape victims in Singapore read:' I always thought that Singapore is a very safe place. I cannot imagine that this can happen to me"

The govt of Singapore should simply admit that they have lost control of safety and security and advisories should be placed at the entrance of all parks and void decks advising lone ladies to be home early because there are rapists loitering out there. My Malaysian friends also said the same thing ( Singapore is safe, don't worry ) People sleep with their doors open. I always had a field day laughing because I have never seen any Sporeans sleeping with their main doors fully opened.

Some reasons why certain areas crime rate is lower.
1. Population density. Who would come to look to rob people when the place is not busy?
2. Accessibility. Lack of convenient transport. The more problematic the transport is, the lesser bad hats loitering around.
3. Lack of hang out places. Even if you are a opportunist, you need a place to while your time away while looking for opportunity. No cyber cafes, no shopping complexes, etc. You couldn't be sitting at the marina whole day.
4. Puteri Harbour is miles away from anywhere and unless you try to escape by foot into the jungle, if there is any you be caught along the highways.
5. PH is essentially a safe area, given it is right behind Kota Iskandar. I have seen video cameras monitoring along the marinas, whether it work or not, it is a deterrent already.
6. The place is a lifestyle area. Meaning the people over there is middle to upper class. The pricier the place, the higher quality you get.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually there are always certain developments which we have more interest in. I have vested interest in LF but I rarely discuss as its not that exciting as in the past compared to PH. That is why I am in this particular thread.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually I kena MATA anywhere in Iskandar, not only in PH. The Johor police has seriously improved in leaps and bounds. Almost every night when I drove around Bukit Indah for rides at wee hours, I am bound to see patrol cars or bikes. They are damn serious in eradicating crimes. Singapore on the other hand has lost control on crimes due to the influx of foreigners and complacent team. I spent 50% of my time in Malaysia and 50% of my time in Singapore and this is my observation. One can agree with me or disagree of course but it does make sense to drive around to experience the "crime" personally in JB.

You shd give a big thank to Kota Iskandar why you always kena mata there..:p

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks like it...no other visible reason why it's in Johor...Amazon and many other players in Singapore. MS is Giant with many corporate tied up....set foot in competitors neighboring location...this could represent a first sign of emerging sg-isk regional zone....

I heard that initially MY govt wanted Microsoft in Cyberjaya, but Microsoft's preference is to be near SG, so Kulai came up as a possible choice.... Probably not feasible for such a project to be based in SG due to the large land requirements......

Walker

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually I refer to PH because I was there at 2am but in general, Nusajaya security ( which includes Bukit Indah which is bustling and surely more congested than any parts of Singapore ) is like any towns in Singapore. During my decade long stay in and around Bukit Indah which included short stays in Bukit Indah, Horizon Hills, Leisure Farm and East Ledang, I haven't really come across serious crimes. That's why I am amazed when I read about how a lady who is almost my age and have a daughter in her 20s can be raped in safe Singapore while jogging alone. I can ignore murder cases such as hubby kill wife etc because that can be attributed to domestic violence and stress. But the incidence of being robbed, molested and raped in Singapore is seriously getting out of hand.

Her victim impact statement which was passed to me by a long-time friend, as usual is somewhat like a template used by most molest and rape victims in Singapore read:' I always thought that Singapore is a very safe place. I cannot imagine that this can happen to me"

The govt of Singapore should simply admit that they have lost control of safety and security and advisories should be placed at the entrance of all parks and void decks advising lone ladies to be home early because there are rapists loitering out there. My Malaysian friends also said the same thing ( Singapore is safe, don't worry ) People sleep with their doors open. I always had a field day laughing because I have never seen any Sporeans sleeping with their main doors fully opened.

It is great to hear your positive experience of not encountering serious crime in Iskandar Areas.
I think Singapore papers have a habit of running bad stories of Malaysia whenever they can.
I do hope the Malaysian police continue to be serious in their enforcement of keeping the Iskandar areas safe.

The problem with "safe" Singapore nowadays I think has to do with the large population "imports"
Many of the "imports" come in and view Singaporeans as easy targets and stupid.
Even the Singapore police have been slow to react and are struggling with the lack of respect they are getting from the "imported growth"

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Walker,

When I first ventured into JB 15 years ago, indeed JB crime rate is worse than that of Singapore. The first thing I entered my car is to lock the vehicle. 100% lock. Other things like seat belts etc can wait. The Spore media press make it sound like as long as you go JB, you are sure to be clobbered.

15 years later, I look back and compare JB with my kampong further up north where I spent a few years of my childhood and started asking myself.. Have anyone ever attempted to jack open my car door? No.

The Malaysian media is quite nice towards Singapore crime rate. They didn't splash the recent crime news such as the Bukit Batok Park Rape in 2013 of this almost 50 year old lady. To me this is big news. Maybe to the SPF or typical Sporeans rape in a park has become prevalent. Rioting and fights among different nationalities have emerged in Youtube. Your safety in Singapore is never guaranteed already.

( I wonder if an almost 50 year old can be raped in a park, how safe would those 20 year old plus girls feel? )

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sg evil gobbermen is quietly discouraging citizens to spend money up north with johor negative news in controlled sg media.

Walker

Alfrescian
Loyal
Money spent up North is taxes lost to the Government...

I think whether in Singapore or Malaysia or anywhere else, we cannot take for granted our safety.
We just have to try to be aware of our surroundings and not be a easy target.

Do your necessary to protect yourself and your loved ones like locking of doors (House or car) and avoiding certain areas after dark etc.
Hopefully the criminals pass you over and choose someone else who makes life easier for them...

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal
Study on M'sia-S'pore Rapid Transit System to start after JB terminal is decided

6 Feb 3:28 PM

THE second phase of an engineering study on the Rapid Transit System (RTS), to which Singapore's MRT system will be connected, will begin after the location of the terminal in Johor Baru has been fixed.

Meanwhile, Singapore is also expected to announce the location of the High Speed Rail (HSR) terminal at the upcoming Leaders' Retreat.

The Malaysia-Singapore Joint Ministerial Committee for Iskandar Malaysia (JMCIM) said this in a press statement on Friday as it gave an update on the ongoing work between both countries.

The RTS will connect Johor Baru to the Thomson MRT line and is set for completion by 2018.

Malaysian media reports last year named Bukit Chagar - near the Customs, Immigration and Quarantine complex at the Sultan Iskandar Building - as the location of the terminal, rather than potential sites such as Tanjung Puteri and JB Sentral.

Meanwhile, work is progressing on the HSR, with various working groups now looking into the technical requirements, and the operating and financing models, said the JMCIM. Media reports last year had said that details on the HSR will be finalised in the first quarter of this year.

Transport connectivity between both countries is also being enhanced through an increase in the quota for cross-border bus services from 16 to 20. A committee is currently reviewing new landing points in both countries to further improve the cross-border bus network.

The JMCIM was co-chaired by Malaysia's Minister in the Prime Minister's Department Abdul Wahid Omar and Singapore's Minister for National Development Khaw Boon Wan. Johor's Menteri Besar Mohamed Khaled Nordin and Singapore's Minister for Transport Lui Tuck Yew, as well as senior officials from both countries, were also at the meeting.

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/tra...-system-to-start-after-jb-terminal-is-decided