• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Property News

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes and I am trying to make Singaporeans also be grateful of what they have, don't every day think that Malaysia can offer them good life. It is mainly for Malaysians.

I keep telling these people they do not know how lucky they are in their own country, yet they complain Malaysia did not give them enough.
They have good life so go and enjoy lah. Why talk about other country when not even invested there? Very wierd.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
I keep telling these people they do not know how lucky they are in their own country, yet they complain Malaysia did not give them enough.
They have good life so go and enjoy lah. Why talk about other country when not even invested there? Very wierd.

Awareness for Sinkies, not need to invest to tell them.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
This Islamic laws proposals had caused property investor jitters all over.

It has nothing to do with 1MDB. It has more to do with making Chinese angry with DAP Lim Guan Eng who had signed a agreement supporting PAS Islamic Party to set up Islamic State during the last election. And the PAS in turn supported DAP on that basis. That agreement has been widely circulated on the internet. After the election, PAS got the blessing of their Kelantan Sultan and start a motion to push for this bill. Of course now DAP and PAS has gone separate ways. BN is just digging up a opportunistic festering wound.

How does this affect the property scene? For me, I would only buy into those developed States and those States that have BN majority Government such as Johore, Pahang, Melaka, Negeri Sembilan and Federal Territory states like KL. Selangor and Penang are too developed to have any drastic changes. It is good to know about the background of the Royals too. Business savvy Royals are Negeri Sembilan and Johore. Those States eg Melaka, Penang which do not have Sultans but Yang DiPertua (appointed Heads) normally follow the wishes of the sitting State Government. Royals of Selangor and Perak are educated, fair but very firm in religious matters.

Now investing in properties also have a new dimension. It is a localised geo political scene. Interesting....

All the upheaval on the hudud thingy is purely political.
The ruling party is rapid losing Malay support in the urban areas and they need the rural Malay support which PAS is having.
They are working together because one just only wanted the voters while the other wanted the support on the hudud thingy.
This strange marriage happened before the last GE when the opposition parties formed an alliance Pakatan Rakyat and actually won the popular vote of 52% but lost due to number of seats.
The divorce was immediate after the GE.
Also, this hudud thingy was also to divert attention on the mega scandalous 1MDB issues.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
It seemed that UEM Sunrise is now adopting a new strategy to fill up Nusajaya.
They are launching cheaper homes and it has been well accepted.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UEM Sunrise launches Phase 3 of its Melia Residences
By Tan Chee Yuen / The Edge Property | May 27, 2016 9:00 AM MYT

Malaysian developer UEM Sunrise is releasing 160 terrace houses for sale under the Phase 3 launch of its latest landed residential development, Melia Residences, in Gerbang Nusajaya Iskandar Malaysia. The terrace houses on offer will have three land area options and built up areas ranging from 2,005 sq ft to 2,349 sq ft. The price starts from $294,000 or RM872,888 for the smallest unit.

According to UEM Sunrise, a total of 206 units released under Phase 1 and Phase 2 have been sold within the first two days of its launch, surpassing its original target of three to six months.

Situated on a 73.64-acre freehold site, Melia Residences is a gated landed development which consists of five phases. There will be a total of 625 terrace homes that are available in four land area options and with built up areas ranging from 2,005 sq ft to 2,594 sq ft. The low density development of eight units per acre, is targeted to be fully completed in 2020.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Interesting article I stumbled on another forum.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the surface, Johor Bahru's development can appear somewhat lopsided, seemingly with too many residential projects. However, if you take a step back, I think you'll see that all of this is a result of very strategic planning.

There are indeed, parallels between Johor Bahru today and Bangkok pre-1997 Asian economic crisis. We began to see an oversupply of homes in the Thai capital as construction began to accelerate in the early to mid-1990s, and by 1997, the city was blanketed with empty apartments. Sure, it was a sad time and all, but this glut in oversupply actually encouraged massive urbanization, which in turn, encouraged critical mass for employment centres such as commercial business districts, industrial estates for manufacturing everything from Est cola to A&F apparels and Japanese cars.

It's for this exact reasons why the Chinese are so vested in Johor Bahru's (and Southeast Asian) development - even with the recession, China's tier-1 and tier-2's growth rates are so high that it's gradually becoming too expensive to keep manufacturing within the country. Rather than go to tier-3 cities (where there are problems with stability or they're simply too expensive in terms of transport costs), it's cheaper to outsource manufacturing to its export markets where growth rates are more consistent and labour costs are still manageable. I wouldn't be surprised if we see Chinese brands such as Oppo or Vivo that are popular in Asean and Malaysia especially, open manufacturing or quality centres in Southern Johor once JB has a sustainable population.

Now, don't get me wrong. These people that eventually fill up JB wouldn't necessarily be Chinese - there's no point any way. Do remember that Asean is now a single common market - there's free movement of labour (provided they have approved employment) so it could be Malaysians who were previously staying in far-off towns and villages like Kota Tinggi or Kluang or Batu Pahat for example, Indonesians, Thai, Vietnamese, Singaporean, Filipino or what-have-you.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pinewood Studios expanding by another 3 building blocks under Phase 2. Building plans approved.

Pinewood Phase 2A, 2B, 2C.JPG

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
It seemed that UEM Sunrise is now adopting a new strategy to fill up Nusajaya.
They are launching cheaper homes and it has been well accepted.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UEM Sunrise launches Phase 3 of its Melia Residences
By Tan Chee Yuen / The Edge Property | May 27, 2016 9:00 AM MYT

Malaysian developer UEM Sunrise is releasing 160 terrace houses for sale under the Phase 3 launch of its latest landed residential development, Melia Residences, in Gerbang Nusajaya Iskandar Malaysia. The terrace houses on offer will have three land area options and built up areas ranging from 2,005 sq ft to 2,349 sq ft. The price starts from $294,000 or RM872,888 for the smallest unit.

According to UEM Sunrise, a total of 206 units released under Phase 1 and Phase 2 have been sold within the first two days of its launch, surpassing its original target of three to six months.

Situated on a 73.64-acre freehold site, Melia Residences is a gated landed development which consists of five phases. There will be a total of 625 terrace homes that are available in four land area options and with built up areas ranging from 2,005 sq ft to 2,594 sq ft. The low density development of eight units per acre, is targeted to be fully completed in 2020.

Melia Residences phase 3 is no longer cheap, but reasonably priced. It will be better to top up a bit more and get Horizon Hill nearby for the amenities at Bukit Indah. These prices are only for PR and demand by PR is still there.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ah..... now I know why Malaysia and China can work so well together.:biggrin: Just like birds of the same feathers flock together.

Be careful of what comes out from your mouth. Guess it is harder for you to learn than a mule. Again please investigate.

Singapore main import partners are: China (11 percent), Malaysia (11 percent), the United States (9 percent), South Korea (8 percent), Japan (6 percent) and Indonesia (5 percent). This page provides the latest reported value for - Singapore Imports - plus previous releases, historical high and low, short-term forecast and long-term prediction, economic calendar, survey consensus and news. Singapore Imports - actual data, historical chart and calendar of releases - was last updated on June of 2016.

Singapore’s main exporter partners are China (12 percent of total exports), Malaysia (12 percent), Hong Kong (11 percent), Indonesia (10 percent), European Union (9 percent) and the United States (5.5 percent). . This page provides the latest reported value for - Singapore Exports - plus previous releases, historical high and low, short-term forecast and long-term prediction, economic calendar, survey consensus and news. Singapore Exports - actual data, historical chart and calendar of releases - was last updated on June of 2016.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Be careful of what comes out from your mouth. Guess it is harder for you to learn than a mule. Again please investigate.

Singapore main import partners are: China (11 percent), Malaysia (11 percent), the United States (9 percent), South Korea (8 percent), Japan (6 percent) and Indonesia (5 percent). This page provides the latest reported value for - Singapore Imports - plus previous releases, historical high and low, short-term forecast and long-term prediction, economic calendar, survey consensus and news. Singapore Imports - actual data, historical chart and calendar of releases - was last updated on June of 2016.

Singapore’s main exporter partners are China (12 percent of total exports), Malaysia (12 percent), Hong Kong (11 percent), Indonesia (10 percent), European Union (9 percent) and the United States (5.5 percent). . This page provides the latest reported value for - Singapore Exports - plus previous releases, historical high and low, short-term forecast and long-term prediction, economic calendar, survey consensus and news. Singapore Exports - actual data, historical chart and calendar of releases - was last updated on June of 2016.
You are such an idiot. These are trade values, where imports also correlate to exports, especially when Singapore is a major transhipment hub for goods in transit. I'm referring to direct Chinese investments in the 2 respective countries concerned.

If you want to be prove your intelligence, you should start to utilize your little brain better to research for yourself that the deficit between Malaysia and China in 2015 was US$7.2b. Hence, there were nett dollars coming in to Malaysia from China. You should ask yourself where are some of these monies have gone to? On the other hand, there was a surplus of US$5.6b between Singapore and China in 2015. Need I explain myself further? You should never embarrass yourself here if you want to be credible.

Can you do a proper research yourself before daring to comment on others. Otherwise, you'll just lower your self dignity. I think you should have the basic intellectual to understand what I mean when I say "birds of the same feathers flock together", or do you not?

I still remember what my Taiwanese clients had once told me: Singaporeans can never be too successful in China because they are too straightforward and direct.

Sources: http://www.worldstopexports.com/singapores-top-import-partners/
http://www.worldstopexports.com/malaysias-top-import-partners/

Last edited:

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are such an idiot. These are trade values, where imports also correlate to exports, especially when Singapore is a major transhipment hub for goods in transit. I'm referring to direct Chinese investments in the 2 respective countries concerned.

If you want to be prove your intelligence, you should start to utilize your little brain better to research for yourself that the deficit between Malaysia and China in 2015 was US$7.2b. Hence, there were nett dollars coming in to Malaysia from China. You should ask yourself where are some of these monies have gone to? On the other hand, there was a surplus of US$5.6b between Singapore and China in 2015. Need I explain myself further? You should never embarrass yourself here if you want to be credible.

Can you do a proper research yourself before daring to comment on others. Otherwise, you'll just lower your self dignity. I think you should have the basic intellectual to understand what I mean when I say "birds of the same feathers flock together", or do you not?

I still remember what my Taiwanese clients had once told me: Singaporeans can never be too successful in China because they are too straightforward and direct.

[You are such an idiot. These are trade values, where imports also correlate to exports, especially when Singapore is a major transhipment hub for goods in transit. I'm referring to direct Chinese investments in the 2 respective countries concerned. ]

If this was what you meant you should not blame people for not understanding you before because you said what you meant only now.

So you mean biggest trade partners are not flocking together and trade closely?

[If you want to be prove your intelligence, you should start to utilize your little brain better to research for yourself that the deficit between Malaysia and China in 2015 was US$7.2b. Hence, there were nett dollars coming in to Malaysia from China. You should ask yourself where are some of these monies have gone to?]

It is silly to suggest because there are net FDI inflows into malaysia therefore there are up to no good.

Aside China, many other countries have net FDI in Malaysia including Singapore

FDI BY COUNTRY

The top five investing countries for inflows in 2014 namely Singapore, Netherlands, Hong Kong, Cayman Islands and Bermuda. These countries recorded a total of RM22.4 billion or 63.4 per cent of the total inflows in Malaysia. With regard to position as at end 2014, FDI investment was mainly originated from Singapore, Japan, Netherlands, USA and Norway which amounted to a total of RM257.7 billion or 55.1 per cent of total position in Malaysia.

Singapore has been investing a cumulative over one hundred billions in China. Did you ask where this money has gone to?

Singapore has also been investing a cumulative over 40 billions in Malaysia so far. Did you ask where this money has gone to?

http://www.tablebuilder.singstat.gov.sg/publicfacing/createDataTable.action?refId=5662

Btw, Singapore has also been investing a cumulative over hundred billions in tax haven countries like caymans, Bermuda,... so far. Did you ask where this money has gone to?

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal

If you want to be prove your intelligence, you Malaysia from China. You should ask yourself where are some of these monies have gone to?[/B] On the other hand, there was a surplus of US$5.6b between Singapore and China in 2015. Need I explain myself further? You should never embarrass yourself here if you want to be credible.

You said you referred to direct investment but not trade values, but why are giving me links to trade data and quoting these data for your argument? You are showing signs of incoherence again, hope you are not high on drugs or alcohol again. Anyway, by the use of trade data, you pointed out China has a net inflow from Singapore of 5.6 b usd. Did you ask where this money go?

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
You said you referred to direct investment but not trade values, but why are giving me links to trade data and quoting these data for your argument? You are showing signs of incoherence again, hope you are not high on drugs or alcohol again. Anyway, by the use of trade data, you pointed out China has a net inflow from Singapore of 5.6 b usd. Did you ask where this money go?
You are just simply disgracing yourself here. Don't copy and use my analysis to ask back those silly questions. Be more constructive. It just shows your stupidity and childishness. This is definitely not the proper manner to debate against.

You are indeed an idiot and no better words could have described it, just like that Minister of Home Affairs who had once said: "What do you have to say?" to his students audience. It may be his prerogative to reply in that manner, but it had surely made a fool and an idiot of himself to those students in the auditorium on that day, just like what you have been doing in this forum.

I recalled that you had done once before to similarly counter me using this unintelligent method of argument because this is your only capable defensive manner since you seriously lacked talents and have no better means to do so. I wonder what is actually filled inside your brain?

Of course, I'll say that I have never respected people like you. And I'm very sure your next post will be, allow me to say for you: "I've never ask for your respect." Similar to a repeating record.

Last edited:

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are just simply disgracing yourself here. Don't copy and use my analysis to ask back those silly questions. Be more constructive. It just shows your stupidity and childishness. This is definitely not the proper manner to debate against.

You are indeed an idiot and no better words could have described it, just like that Minister of Home Affairs who had once said: "What do you have to say?" to his students audience. It may be his prerogative to reply in that manner, but it had surely made a fool and an idiot of himself to those students in the auditorium on that day, just like what you have been doing in this forum.

I recalled that you had done once before to similarly counter me using this unintelligent method of argument because this is your only capable defensive manner since you seriously lacked talents and have no better means to do so. I wonder what is actually filled inside your brain?

Of course, I'll say that I have never respected people like you. And I'm very sure your next post will be, allow me to say for you: "I've never ask for your respect." Similar to a repeating record.

I have countered you with facts and figures but you are just making wild accusations and comments. I asked your questions in order to show how stupid your answers would have looked if your logic applied.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have countered you with facts and figures but you are just making wild accusations and comments. I asked your questions in order to show how stupid your answers would have looked if your logic applied.
Your initial post on exports figures are no base for this argument at all. You've got it all wrong. There's no need to prove my answers are stupid because the current 1MDB saga would suffice. Just wait and see. Only a moron will agree that everything is in order, just like what their AG had insisted.

In addition, it's already a world renown that China is highly corrupted and there's no denial on this, even from their Eleven JinPing.

Last edited:

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your initial post on exports figures are no base for this argument at all. You've got it all wrong. There's no need to prove my answers are stupid because the current 1MDB saga would suffice. Just wait and see. Only a moron will agree that everything is in order, just like what their AG had insisted.

In addition, it's already a world renown that China is highly corrupted and there's no denial on this, even from their Eleven JinPing.

May be you could offer your expertise to the Attorney General's Chambers of Singapore sure can catch all money laundering accounts.

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Straight out from the horse's mouth:

http://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se...raits-times-says-he-quit-after-soul-searching

Senior journalist from New Straits Times quit amidst the 1MDB scandal. Their papers are also highly controlled by Mr Najib and his UMNO gang.

If I am Lee Hsien Loong, I will be very concerned now. How to do business (HSR, RTS, Iskandar development) with all these corrupted officials? If Najib is forced to step down eventually when he is cornered one day, what will the new government be like?

In terms of property investment, I would be concerned and cautious too. Don't underestimate and think whatever happens to 1MDB has no bearing on their other affairs there. Read the above article and note at all the promises Najib made.... it was all talk but little substance. How will they progress like that? Really a pity. They have so much money, resources and land but the money wrongly goes into the pockets of people who don't deserve it.

Prepare for more roller-coaster ride on the Malaysian economy!

Ok just my thoughts. Your views may differ it's ok.

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thing are looking good even while Najib is in power. However, if the CM of Penang takes over as Govt of Malaysia, its time for Singapore to give up fighting and re-join again. LKY will say OVER MY DEAD BODY!

But lets note that he said the things when the idea of Casinos were mooted. The PAP wont wanna join Malaysia. Isnt it obvious? Their salaries will be S$10,000 a month compared to S$300,000 now.

Straight out from the horse's mouth:

http://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se...raits-times-says-he-quit-after-soul-searching

Senior journalist from New Straits Times quit amidst the 1MDB scandal. Their papers are also highly controlled by Mr Najib and his UMNO gang.

If I am Lee Hsien Loong, I will be very concerned now. How to do business (HSR, RTS, Iskandar development) with all these corrupted officials? If Najib is forced to step down eventually when he is cornered one day, what will the new government be like?

In terms of property investment, I would be concerned and cautious too. Don't underestimate and think whatever happens to 1MDB has no bearing on their other affairs there. Read the above article and note at all the promises Najib made.... it was all talk but little substance. How will they progress like that? Really a pity. They have so much money, resources and land but the money wrongly goes into the pockets of people who don't deserve it.

Prepare for more roller-coaster ride on the Malaysian economy!

Ok just my thoughts. Your views may differ it's ok.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Najib has been the only 1 who is pro-Singapore amongst all the past Ministers in the KL cabinet. If he is no longer the PM, I strongly believe that the HSR will change course and terminate at Nusajaya instead and the RTS will be deferred indefinitely.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Najib has been the only 1 who is pro-Singapore amongst all the past Ministers in the KL cabinet. If he is no longer the PM, I strongly believe that the HSR will change course and terminate at Nusajaya instead and the RTS will be deferred indefinitely.

I will say there are certain things we can control yet there are certain things we want to change yet we can't.
It is always better to work with the devil we know than to work with an angel we don't know.
To the very least we know how to manage our risks.