• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Property agents feeling the pinch as market cools

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
This morning HDB and URA released price trends for public and private properties
http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10296p.nsf/PressReleases/286EAC120CA88AD948257D2000005301
http://www.ura.gov.sg/uol/media-room/news/2014/jul/pr14-44.aspx

HDB down 1.4%
Private down 1%

HDB's transactions volume surged 16% and registered a greater fall than private properties. This reflects the massive private condo TOPs and EC completion in 2014-2016. By regulation, HDB upgraders will be forced to offload their units in the process and delaying this decision will also likely to further erode their selling prices. On the other hand, private property prices appear to be supported by Seller-Stamp Duties which will force weaker investors to reconsider any decisions to cut-loss.

PS: It might be worthwhile to consider resale HDB instead of BTO in the near future.

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal
yesterday i watched channel 8 830pm show, discuss about property thing.
well, in the show, saying any bishan private condo, 1100-1300 psf is a good grab.

agree?

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i dun agree...prices are falling unless you want to grab a falling knife.:rolleyes:

yesterday i watched channel 8 830pm show, discuss about property thing.
well, in the show, saying any bishan private condo, 1100-1300 psf is a good grab.

agree?

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Property market here is unique where boom is initiated by HDB and crash will be started by private. As long as employment is ok and no huge increase in interest rate, nothing big will happen.

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal
2014 2nd Quarter:
Pna8Tq9.gif

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why would sinkie property market collapse when so much dirty money flows here to hide?
These money can't flow back to their countries for fear of taxes or confiscation. At the same time, not many countries safe with low taxes and no estate tax like sinkiepore to hide money and relatively provides a comfortable lifestyle for those with money.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
no lah brother, i don't want to anyhow guess the documents required because your income is not sg-based. but certainly no issue to get loan approval.

please note that if you are buying HDB, you might want to get a pre-approved loan quantum (amount) from bank before beginning your hunt.