• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Proof That Welfare For Poor Lazy People Breeds Crutch Mentality

angie II

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't know what is left wing or right wing.
If company is willing to pay a $500 worker $10000 and still gets a profit, then it will continue.
Otherwise the company will not continue.

bud bud.. u are replying to a retard whose unable to reply u until 24hours later :biggrin::rolleyes:

Last edited:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
A garang guni man can make tons if he knows what/how to do it.
Education is very important, but is only one of the dimensions of life.
How a 16 year kid thinks depends also a lot on how his/her parent teach him from 0 - 15 years. This type of thing cannot be subcontracted to someone else (eg teacher, helper), I believe.

i'd second that notion, good to note that the teacher can only act as a mentor, not a nanny.

shining shin

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is a blessing that we don't have Winter here. Otherwise, these people will be dead before Spring arrives.

That is probably why people in the equatoral belt have laid back mentality. If you worked with people around the region you will know what I mean...

Thousands of years ago, if you don't work and prepare for winter you will freeze to death and not have any descendents. I am not saying there are no idle fxxks in Europe but in general they are more productive. Again I want to emphasize that being more productive does not mean spending more time at work!

Whereas in equator, food is almost always available and the weather is kind i.e you can live by the day. Wonder whether Singaporeans will end up like that....

shining shin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Minimum wage is not going to make life hunky dory as many seem to believe. Imposing minimum wage will drive costs up. That plate of chicken rice at the local coffee shop may cost $12 or that bottle of beer may cost $14. You need to pay the stall attendants and the bangala worker that cleans the table after you - minimum wage. Japan has minimum wage and its goddamn expensive to eat out. They pack bento boxes to work. In London, the average worker packs a sandwich to work. Sinkees complain when the price of coffee or popiah goes up by 10 or 20 cents. Most eat out and have no concept of DIY. That will change with minimum wage.

What you said make sense... but...

Just side tracking... cost of food and essentials went up lots when oil prices when up to US$147 per barrel. Now that the price is about US$50, do you see prices coming down? When the hawker upped my chicken rice from $2.50 to $3.00 do you see it coming down... soon or ever again? How come nobody is urging them to bring food prices down? Only ask the public to be understand when prices go up? Sucks doesn't it?

There are many other things causing prices to go up in Singapore. Wage is among them but I think wage of the rank and file is not causing it. Overpaid management and whatever you want to call them... cause it more than anyone else. Imagine one of them would pay for how many of us? Are they really that talented?

shining shin

Alfrescian
Loyal
What do you mean???

I am ALWAYS right. It is just that my level of thinking is so advanced most of you can't catch up.

Boy, learn to read and be a little humble. That will serve you well if you ever become somebody in Singapore or anywhere in the world... before people turn your back on you or cut your little prick (if you have one) off.