• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Project 2016: Vote out Lee Hsien Loong (SBF)

jw5

Loyal
When people are inequitably paid in excess of $2 Million a year for doing very little, any type of hike is "affordable" and can be considered a "reduction". :wink:

A hike of no more than 2.8% = a reduction in fares? :p:p:p

Stompiss

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
FOREIGN INDIAN VP AT DEUTSCHE BANK CRITICISES S'POREANS FOR HAVING SENSE OF ENTITLEMENT

Post date:
1 Jan 2015 - 7:31pm

Foreign Indian VP at Deutsche Bank criticises S'poreans for having sense of entitlement

Below is a comment posted by one Sambath Kannan in the PAP's Facebook Page where he criticised S'poreans for having a sense of entitlement from flats to jobs.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=962057763805624&substory_index=0&id=132146776796731

Sambath Kannan works as a Vice President at Deutsche Bank and hails from Pondicherry, India.

The financial sector, as we have highlighted, is filled with the likes of Sambath Kannan and his ilk who hire each other at the expense of S'poreans.

You can see this in Sambath Kannan's LinkedIn Page which also lists out a host of other Indian nationals working at Deutsche Bank in Singapore.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/sambath8689

------------------------------

Post by Sambath Kannan:

"Let us not wait for others to do everything for us. Let us each do our part and give it all that we can".

Not sure how many young Singaporeans have read and understood these two lines ?

This doubt comes to my mind , while reading the comments made by some of our Singaporeans for the postings related press release of some ministries.

Housing- comments indicate, I want house of my own choice for the price I say. HDB should provide me immediately. I don't care about rules and regulations or queue.

Jobs -comments indicate, hello government , you owe me a job, give me the job I want, pay the salary I ask, but you should not question me about my performance.

I am really concerned and at times I pity them.

Those born , had education and experience in other countries migrate to Singapore , utilise the opportunities available, create the opportunities for Singaporeans, they grow , they help Singapore to grow. Some of them consider Singapore as their home.

But, some of the Singaporeans are yet to realise the opportunities available and yet to realise their own potentials. They waste their time and energy by criticising the government.

They should understand , while foreigners grow in this land , why not me? What do they have ? What do I do not have ? How can I compete them ?

Hope in 2015 they will get answers for these questions, to further brighten their life !!!

Wish everyone a happy New Year 2015 !!!

The Alternative View
Source: https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Alternative-View/358759327518739?fref...

Stompiss

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
https://www.linkedin.com/in/sambath8689

39a8a2e.jpg
<abbr title="Sambath Kannan is a 3rd degree connection" class="degree-icon " aria-hidden="true">3[SUP]rd[/SUP]</abbr>

Sambath Kannan

Vice President at Deutsche Bank, Singapore

<dl><dt>Location</dt><dd>Singapore</dd><dt>Industry</dt><dd class="industry">Computer Software</dd></dl>

220connections
ConnectSend Sambath InMail<button tabindex="0" class="more-options dropdown-caret" role="button" aria-haspopup="true">More options</button><dl tabindex="-1" class="connect-menu" role="menu"><dt tabindex="0" role="menuitem">Interact</dt><dd tabindex="0" role="menuitem">View recent activity</dd><dd tabindex="0" role="menuitem">Find references

Profile</dd><dd tabindex="0" role="menuitem">Share profile</dd><dd tabindex="0" role="menuitem">Save to PDF</dd><dd tabindex="0" role="menuitem">Block or report

</dd><dt tabindex="0" class="save-to-contacts-separator" role="menuitem">Save to contacts</dt><dd tabindex="0" id="save-to-contacts-option" role="menuitem"><form id="save-to-contacts" action="http://singsupplies.com/profile/add-bookmark?profile=_ed%3D0_6F6R1U9E4FlByViSAl5PhfN-rFYJfiHzhEURg1ulkrD&csrfToken=ajax%3A7103740376431344114&goback=%2Enppvan_sambath8689" method="POST"><input type="submit" value="Save to contacts" data-action="relationship-save-to-contacts"></form></dd><dd tabindex="0" id="unsave-from-contacts-option" role="menuitem"></dd></dl>

<button class="button-primary done-edit-profile" data-trk="prof-edit-done_editing-button" data-page-type="full_page" data-page-key="nprofile_view_nonself" data-page-tracking-info="{&quot;vid&quot;: &quot;18373810&quot;, &quot;nd&quot;: &quot;0&quot;, &quot;lnl&quot;: &quot;f&quot;}">Done editing</button>

Relationship

Save to Contacts

Background

Experience

<header>Vice President

Deutsche Bank, Singapore

</header><time>February 2012</time> – Present (3 years)

<header>

Asst. Vice President

Deutsche Bank

</header><time>January 2007</time> – <time>January 2012</time> (5 years 1 month)

<header>

Senior Associate

Deutsche Bank

</header><time>June 1999</time> – <time>January 2007</time> (7 years 8 months)SingaporeTeam lead - Environment &Deployment support for production and non-production environments of Trade applications

<header>Software Consultant

Equis International / Reuters

</header><time>January 1994</time> – <time>December 1994</time> (1 year)Reuters, Singapore

Education

Education

<header>Pondicherry University

MCA, Software

</header><time>1986</time><time> – 1989</time>

Stompiss

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
FORMER PAP NMP CALVIN CHENG: SINGAPOREANS ARE A BUNCH OF LOSERS WITH NO BACKBONE

Post date:
5 Jan 2015 - 10:36am

Are Singaporeans so easily offended? Please. Have more of a backbone and thick-skin. Have more confidence in ourselves.

Tan Tock Seng Hospital has said that the account of its Filipino staff was hacked but even if it wasn't so what? Are you going to go on a frenzied witch -hunt just because some foreigner called you a loser on the Internet ?

I am not going to mince my words: only losers get offended when people call them losers.

I am getting sick and tired of people getting into a frenzy every time a foreigner mouths off something offensive on the Internet.

Are we such a petty, insecure people that we have to demand blood whenever someone decides to insult us on the internet?!!

Singapore is a great place and Singaporeans are a great people. No Facebook or Twitter insult will change that. Believe in that and these perceived insults will be like water off a duck's back.

Laugh if it off. A great nation would.

Please share.
Calvin Cheng
*Article first appeared on https://www.facebook.com/calvinchengnmp/posts/851373431579401
Calvin Cheng is a former Nominated Member of Parliament who was always an avid PAP supporter and quit YPAP just before being appointed as an NMP due to the requirement for NMPs to be "non-partisan".

Related:
TTSH Sacks Roy for Questioning Govt but Protects Pinoy who Mocked S’poreans and Islam
Pinoy who Insulted Singaporeans Online Turns out to be a Radiographer at TTSH
Tan Tock Seng: Edz Ello’s Facebook Account was Hacked when he Made Insulting Comments

Nasir Bj
· Top Commenter · Works at TNT Express Worldwide

Well said, Calvin!! Bravo!!! But shouldn't you say the same thing to PM Lee how petty he is to get offended with Roy remarks too....why don't you write to tell him just like what you said "only losers get offended when people call them losers" :wink:
Reply · Like<form class="fbUpDownVoteAfterLogin" id="u_0_1z" action="http://singsupplies.com/#" method="post"><label class="uiLinkButton fbUpDownVoteAfterLoginOption"><input class="uiLinkButtonInput" type="submit" value="Like"></label></form>· 95 · <a class="uiLinkSubtle" href="http://therealsingapore.com/content/former-pap-nmp-calvin-cheng-singaporeans-are-bunch-losers-no-backbone?fb_comment_id=fbc_773221912771445_773241409436162_773241409436162" target="_blank" rel="nofollow"><abbr title="Sunday, January 4, 2015 at 7:39pm" class="timestamp" data-utime="1420429192">13 hours ago</abbr>

Stompiss

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PINOY SCAMMERS COLLECT DONATIONS IN TOA PAYOH BUT CAN'T TELL YOU ABOUT THEIR "CHARITY"

Post date:
5 Jan 2015 - 2:03pm

I can’t take it anymore and therefore I am raising the alert in the hope that more people are aware of the situation! Today I saw them again but not just 2 of them anymore (only 2 spotted during Xmas 2012 period): a whole legion of 20 over number of pinoys all over Toa Payoh Central asking people to donate to them. It’s been a year plus from end of 2012 and now it’s gotten worse in 2015.

Yes, the same group has been spawning in numbers and it is worrying as a lot of unknowing public have been seen donating to them (especially from the poor, kind-hearted local old uncles and aunties). Many residents and shoppers have seen them on weekdays, weekends, this Xmas and even weekday late nights (which raise my doubt whether they are legally approved public fund raiser); and there are there many times in a month for more than a year (which raise my doubt further!); and they are growing in numbers (which amplify my doubt to the zillions). Have you seen them?

There were many epic occasions last year (2013) when I was drinking my coffee tarik and happen to see brave people from the public questioning these Pinoys in the TPY Central shopping area but their 'business' just got bigger over the months as they beefed up their FAQ. Here' some live cases:

CASE 1:
A Tech Guy: “What is the organization you raising for?”
Pinoy Fund-raiser 1: I don’t know. It’s to help people affected by typhoons.
Pinoy Fund-raiser 2: It’s for ‘KJC’. See, our logo on the tin!
The Tech Guy used his mobile phone, punched a few keys on the phone and walked away to KFC. I guess he check https://www.charities.gov.sg and found no such approved entity.

CASE 2:
Pinoy Fund-raiser 3: Hello, would you like to donate? (In a 100% native pinoy-slang English that we can safely assume they are likely not pinoy maids but PMET-level pinoys – also look at how they organize themselves).
Old Auntie: Ok. [old auntie donated]
Small Children: Mummy, I want to donate. I want, I want! [parents donated… you know parents…]
ManyMore: [donated silently]

Case 2A:
MsWhatThe: [after donated]. What is this?
Pinoy Fund-raiser 4: It’s our flag (the small sticker they give you when you donate).
MsWhatThe: WHAT THE… it’s just a smiley face sticker. No organization logo?
Pinoy Fund-raiser 5: You want an organization logo for what, Madam? Smiley face cuter you know!

Case 3:
Pinoy Fund-raiser 6 with a sexy tone: Hello, would you like to donate?
Old-hero uncle: Where’s your permit?
Pinoy Fund-raiser 6 with a sexy tone: What permit, Sir?
Pinoy Fund-raiser 7 with a fierce tone: Ignore him.
Old-hero uncle: I call the Mata!
Pinoy Fund-raiser 7: Go ahead, we not scare. Ha Ha, isn’t this our state now? See, look around.
Old-hero uncle: [sad, walk away… many people looking in silence]

Maybe some concerned people from the public had already reported the situation to the authorities. Maybe a few were even caught. I don’t know. But this is perhaps a case where even the best trolls can do nothing about. Reason one: It will be very hard to ‘catch-them’ as they are always ‘appearing’ and ‘disappearing’ from nowhere. Reason Two: When they are at the ‘landing-zone’, they are always mobile, moving around the area all the time when they are asking for money. Reason Three: they really have nothing to lose if caught. Reason Four: By not using any legal organization logo, they are making use of the ‘grey area’ of the donation rules that applies to all of us – so no wrong? Reason Five: They are not online. Reason Six: You can deal with 1 to a few, but how do you deal with a spawn that multiplies so quickly?

So what do you think? Are they legit or not? Need to drink one more Coffee Tarik… feel so helpless.

Regards,
Helpless Singaporean X.
TRS Contributor

sirus

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Checks and Balances for the Singapore Government

In this article I will explore the state of affairs in the city state of Singapore when it comes to checks and balances. I will first give the definition of checks and balances, in the context of the Singapore Constitution and governmental branches. Then I will talk about groupthink, and present two crucial economics concepts: moral hazard and adverse selection, in the context of Singapore. Finally I will conclude the blog by providing recommendations the ruling party and Singaporeans can follow.

What is checks and balances?
Strictly speaking, when it comes to government, checks and balances are created to ensure that no one branch of the government becomes overly powerful. All modern parliamentary republics consist of three branches of government: Executive, Legislative and Judicial. The following is taken from the gov.sg website:

The Executive comprises the Cabinet, which is responsible for the general direction of the Government and accountable to Parliament

The Legislature comprises the Parliament and is the legislative authority responsible for enacting legislation. More information on the history of Parliament, Parliament House and activities of the House can be obtained from its website.

The Judiciary's function is to independently administer justice. The Judiciary is safeguarded by the Constitution.

On paper, all these branches exist in the Singapore Government. The Executive and Legislative branches work closely in a parliamentary republic system (such as Singapore) in passing laws because, being an almost single party government, the PAP controls the majority of the votes to pass any legislation it sees fit. The MPs would of course need to consult with their constituents on legislative issues that are up for voting, but that's a different matter as groupthink is prevalent in the Singapore political system.

The Judiciary branch is the third leg of the three legged stool that tests the laws that are passed by the Executive and Legislative branches. These laws are tested in the courts, under the control of the Judiciary branch. However in Singapore, due to the unchallenged of power held by the PAP for the last 50 years, the Judiciary branch is very much influenced by the Prime Minister and the Executive branch. This can be seen by the vast number of lawsuits won by the Prime Minister for libel against political opponents where the voice of the judges were no where to be found.

Next let's take a look at some concepts that can help us frame the issues at hand within the Singapore Government.

1) Groupthink. Groupthink can be defined as a phenomenon where that occurs when the desire for group consensus trumps that of individuals' desire to present alternatives or express an unpopular opinion.

Some symptoms of groupthink are:
- Complacency (6.9 million white paper)
- Moral high ground (severe punishment for those that the PAP has deemed to have committed crimes, justified or not)
- Censorship (lack of CPF discussion, and suppression of online blogs)

After 50 years in power, hardly anyone, except for the Executive branch, believes that groupthink is not pervasive in the PAP-led supermajority government.

2) Moral Hazard. This occurs typically in a principal-agent setting, where the principal is the general populace, and the agent is the government executive members (Prime Minister and his cabinet). Moral hazard happens when the agent performs hidden actions detrimental to the principal's position. This dilemma exists because the agent sometimes is motivated to act in its own interest rather than those of the principal. Again, back to what we discussed regarding the 50 years continuum in power, moral hazard is bound to occur. A prime example is the million dollar salaries doled out to the PAP cabinet ministers. You can read up on the obscene salary paid to Lee Hsien Loong here.

3) Adverse Selection. Adverse selection happens when there is information asymmetry, causing the buyer to make a negative or bad selection detrimental to the seller offering it. In our context, the seller is the Singapore motherland, while the buyer is the individual voter. By have a Group Representation Constituency (GRC) system, the PAP lumps strong candidates (for example minister calibre) and unknown ones together for a constituent, creating a package that voters would choose. Due to the inability of the opposition parties to field strong GRC teams due to either political intimidation or insufficient funds, voters feel pressured to negatively select the PAP GRC team. This partially explains why the PAP won only 60.14% of the popular vote, while winning 81 out of 87 (93.10%) parliamentary seats. For the Tanjong Pagar GRC led by none other than Lee Kuan Yew the man himself, the PAP won by a walkover! This means no opposition parties fielded any teams there. Incredulous is the word.

By now, I hope you have a good sense as to the problems plaguing Singapore politics. To tackle the issues relating to groupthink, moral hazard and adverse selection, here are my
recommendations for the PAP and Singaporeans, all relating to the upcoming election as this is how these problems need to be attacked first. We cannot run without being able to walk. I can provide hundreds of recommendations, but without mandate, none of them would ever be implemented. Right now the undisputed mandate rests with the PAP. To get mandate to make Singapore better, you need viable opposition parties and candidates in place.

1) Diversity required. In order to have better checks and balances in parliament, it is necessary to get a diversity of views during parliamentary debates and discussions. It will not happen as long as the PAP continues to be this dominant. Ideally we would have preferred that only 60.14% of the parliamentary seats = 52 were won by the PAP. This means that the opposition parties are too fragmented to field solid candidates independently, thus fraying the voter base. The opposition parties would most likely need to consolidate to be able to contest against the PAP. And Singaporeans, this is another reason to please vote for the opposition parties!

2) Scrap the GRC system. This is a unfair fight that smaller opposition parties would not be able to win, without consolidation. Let's fight mono e mono. In many Western democracies, a GRC is unheard of, unless you live in a country called Lebanon or Djibouti.

3) Independence and transparency. More transparency from the PAP is required when it comes to re-drawing electoral boundaries; they can pretty much do whatever they want to secure the next election victory. Currently, this process, called delimitation, have several flaws:
- Lack of legal framework
- Lack of independence of election officials: they are appointed by the PMO
- Lack of transparency: opposition parties are not involved in redistricting, and the courts are not involved

See the ACE Electoral Knowledge Network for more information on re-drawing election boundaries.

From the recommendations above, I realize that #2 and #3 are only possible once PAP no longer have a supermajority or even a majority. This means it is even more critical than ever for Singapore politics to have other voices heard now, more than ever. Otherwise we'll all be swimming with 6.9 million people soon enough on this small little island. Now, a thought to keep you sleeping soundly at night: Singapore will not fall even if the PAP loses power.

National Slavery

*The author blogs at http://renounce-sg.blogspot.com

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hey Sengkang West 60.1%! Let's take a look at the replay of last GE Rally speech by Lam Par Min! :biggrin:
Many Gong Chee Bye cheering in the background. Si beh funny! LMFAO!
:biggrin:

Lam Par Min: What have the opposition done to make life better for you?

Por Lam Pars: Nothing!

Legend: What have PAP given to you?

SBF: Columbarium! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

[video=youtube;YP6KYoSsbXc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YP6KYoSsbXc[/video]

Source: Wake Up, Singapore's Photos

10897045_419171378248493_3513923860079859822_n.jpg

Comment by a Sengkang West resident over the building of the columbarium spotted on Lam Pin Min's wall.

End Of Article​

Watch these two video clip (Credit: Sin Rak Sin Party) and see if you agreed with Kelvin.
What do u think?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/aZln73ENm8I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/5-Zk-Nz6ATE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>