• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A member of Gen Z shares about 24 lost years and who he will vote for as Elected President

gsbslut

Stupidman
Loyal
https://gutzy.asia/2023/08/30/a-mem...nd-who-he-will-vote-for-as-elected-president/

A member of Gen Z shares about 24 lost years and who he will vote for as Elected President
gutzy.asia
tkl2-side.jpg
by Nick
Born in the year 2000, I belong to Generation Z.
I have known three Presidents during my 23 years. The year before I was born, President S R Nathan got elected and he served until 2011.
President Tony Tan then served for six years, followed by President Halimah Yacob for six years.
I call these combined 24 years the lost years. Lost in the sense that they are entirely forgettable years as far as the presidency is concerned. We had three Presidents who never really went beyond being a mere figurehead.
Interestingly, Presidential candidate Mr Tharman Shanmugaratnam has invoked the name of late President Ong Teng Cheong several times during his campaign.
This is because he fully knows that President Ong has stood out as the one who displayed independence, courage and conviction.
After his six-year term ended (1993-1999), President Ong was told the cabinet would not support him for a second term.
He felt that he did not need the cabinet to support his re-election bid, but in any case, President Ong decided not to run against the government’s candidate S R Nathan.
It is one thing for Mr Tharman to invoke the name of President Ong.
It is a different matter altogether whether he has the spine and streak of independence that President Ong possessed.
Another presidential candidate, Mr Ng Kok Song, has cautioned against having a former finance minister, who established the rules on how the country’s reserves can be used, becoming President.
“You need somebody who knows enough about the subject, but who is not biased. It’s very difficult for someone who set up the system to question the system,” said the former chief investment officer of sovereign wealth fund GIC.
Mr Ng hit the nail on the head.
How is it possible for Mr Tharman, an insider who set up the system, to suddenly be an outsider looking to question and check the system?
However, Mr Ng himself is an establishment candidate. He and the third candidate, Mr Tan Kin Lian, are both 75 years of age.
Mr Tharman is the youngest. At 66, he can easily serve two six-year terms if elected to office.
We have already endured 24 lost years. Do we want to lose another 12 years?
My choice is between Mr Ng Kok Song and Mr Tan Kin Lian.
I favour Mr Tan Kin Lian. Although he has his flaws, he is the one who is truly independent of the establishment and the ruling party.

millim6868

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last time erection ,they tell u u vote opposition Yr pigeon holes will be worthless now pigeon hoke worthless,jinx tell u take irradiance rental but the fuck is pigeon hole irregardless if pigeon hole ec n condo all 99 yrs cannot even last ,many hdb 10 to 29 yrs dlready leaking internally ,n old folks with
Out incone hv to sell lease ,look at amk ,u hv to move n renew lease ,lol,sinkies are dumb,lol,they deserve it