• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Project 2016: Vote out Lee Hsien Loong (SBF)

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
10153820_1604976026395243_6396657560665540979_n.jpg

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://mothership.sg/2013/10/10-sayings-ex-top-civil-servant-ngiam-tong-dow-lays-smack/

Ngiam thinks Singapore’s leaders are overpaid and it’s not working out.

7. “When you raise ministers’ salaries to the point that they’re earning millions of dollar, every minister — no matter how much he wants to turn up and tell Hsien Loong off or whatever — will hesitate when he thinks of his million-dollar salary. Even if he wants to do it, his wife will stop him.”

Last edited:

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://www.theonlinecitizen.com/2013/10/pap-elitist-dont-feel-for-the-people-ngiam-tong-dow/

One of these conversations involved the Certificate of Entitlement (COE) scheme. I had a big fight with him over this because the implementation of the COE scheme meant that we were taxing every man, woman and child in Singapore, from the day of his birth till the day of his death. As COE taxes transportation, nobody can avoid it. You can avoid eating good durians, but you cannot avoid using transportation. He saw that I was right, but he was a charmer. Looking at me, he asked, “Ngiam, are you the Permanent Secretary of the Budget and Revenue Divisions at MOF?” I said yes, to which he replied, “What’s wrong with collecting more money?”