• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Problems that the million-dollar ministers are not solving

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually what is the KPI for our government?

- Is the ultimate aim about protecting and taking care of the local born?
or
- Ultimately, their organization's pay is pegged to how much money that they can bring in?

birdie69

Alfrescian
Loyal
They are all happily looking at their bank account,where got the heart to serve ,look at arrogant Jo, kee chew, laulan,buay gan etc, if look at at mah, cow ,all same
I would be very glad if they do not create more problems to us, such as CECA, COE, Medishield Life, Elder Care, sky high price of HDB pigeon hole flat, making our life very miser.
Rather than come out solutions to make our life better.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually what is the KPI for our government?

- Is the ultimate aim about protecting and taking care of the local born?
or
- Ultimately, their organization's pay is pegged to how much money that they can bring in?
State secret.

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
Throwing a few thousand bucks here, a few thousand bucks there over the years did not help.

So long as the overall environment in the country is not exactly certain (things like arbitrary price increases/taxes/uni fees etc
PLUS the fact the parents may not be gainfully employed within a decade, how to have more babies? Only the brave, the
naive or the very rich will have them.
G brings in ftrashes to rape our womanfolks

Patriotmissile

Alfrescian
Loyal
This bunch is book smart types like cotton chan and stroke heng. They cannot execute things with finese , all military style or police state style . Moreover, in grained in their brains is the pull rank mentality- difficult stuff tell kakia to run while easy to score stuff come out and talk big.

worcer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually govt solved all these problems liao... just u guys keep harping on these boliao issues...

1) low birthrate is solved by importing foreigners! u voted for PAP and they alrdy hint u long time ago that singapore dun belong to singaporeans... it belongs to PAP... so they dun care who freaking works for them. so dun need birthrates just need new population or they wont sign CECA...

2) Dieing of old age? Thats very normal for singaporeans... so just go die when u cant contribute to singapore... and most singaporeans agrees with me.

3) Telco dun care about u being scam... why? Simply because that is the job of police! Then why we need SPF?!

4) Who cares about a few smokers? Most of the smokers nowsaday are foreigners... so govt wont want to make singapore bad living for foreigners or they wont come singapore...

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Forum: More expedient help needed for PMEs​

SEP 3, 2021

The National Trades Union Congress is calling for unemployment support and benefits for professionals, managers and executives (PMEs) who have lost their jobs (NTUC seeks support for PMEs who lost their jobs, Aug 27).
NTUC assistant secretary-general Patrick Tay acknowledged that there are already support schemes for workers who lost income during the pandemic. But the labour movement wants PMEs to be given help beyond the existing grants.
NTUC also found that mature PMEs were also concerned about workplace discrimination arising from age and nationality.
Mr Tay said the task force comprising NTUC and the Singapore National Employers Federation will present a full set of recommendations later this year.
In April, NTUC secretary-general Ng Chee Meng announced that NTUC was exploring reserving certain jobs for local PMEs "where we have the skills" (NTUC exploring reserving certain jobs for S'porean PMEs, April 30).
As there has been no update on this matter, it is probably reasonable to assume that this is still a work in progress.

While local PMEs welcome and appreciate NTUC's multi-pronged initiatives, they need urgent help and relief, not more studies and reviews by task forces or committees.
Because they cannot be expected to put their lives on hold, many have already taken on lower-level jobs such as delivery service providers, drivers and hawkers.
Accordingly, I hope NTUC can expedite the processes so that help can benefit the PMEs in a timely fashion. After all, like justice, help delayed is help denied.

Ang Ah Lay

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Forum: Only the law can stop people from smoking near windows​

SEP 24, 2021

I am a senior citizen who would like to thank MP Louis Ng for once again bringing up the subject of legislating a ban on smoking at windows and balconies of Housing Board flats and residential apartments. I have been breathing in second-hand smoke from my neighbours for a long time.
There are smokers who are decent and who would apologise and refrain from smoking at their windows and balconies when approached, and there are also those who refuse to listen and continue to blow smoke into my home.
Senior Minister of State for Sustainability and the Environment Amy Khor mentioned that in the first four months of last year, only 320 smoking complaints involved smoking in homes.
But this number probably does not include the vast number of people who suffer in silence.
I believe there are many more unreported cases, as many people, like me, realise that it is useless to make a report.
My condominium manager told me that even after a National Environment Agency officer spoke to a smoker, he continued to smoke at his window and balcony.

Dr Khor seems to suggest that difficulty in enforcing the law is reason enough not to enact such a law.
I beg to differ. Do we have to install cameras in cars to ensure that people are wearing their seat belts? Just a piece of legislature will get people to wear them.
Regardless of the difficulty of enforcement, such legislation is powerful enough to save lives.
Most smokers are considerate and civic-minded; they listen and care. However, only the law can tackle the minority of smokers who are selfish and inconsiderate.
These smokers do not smoke inside their premises but at windows and balconies as they want to protect their own children and families but disregard the health of their neighbours.
Dr Khor mentioned that the Government has been and will continue to expand smoke-free places. Again, this does not solve the problem. I can avoid going to places where people smoke but I have nowhere to go when they are smoking right outside my window at home.
I appeal to the Government to protect us. One life lost to second-hand smoke is one life too many.

Cheh Khee

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod

Forum: Only the law can stop people from smoking near windows​

SEP 24, 2021

I am a senior citizen who would like to thank MP Louis Ng for once again bringing up the subject of legislating a ban on smoking at windows and balconies of Housing Board flats and residential apartments. I have been breathing in second-hand smoke from my neighbours for a long time.
There are smokers who are decent and who would apologise and refrain from smoking at their windows and balconies when approached, and there are also those who refuse to listen and continue to blow smoke into my home.
Senior Minister of State for Sustainability and the Environment Amy Khor mentioned that in the first four months of last year, only 320 smoking complaints involved smoking in homes.
But this number probably does not include the vast number of people who suffer in silence.
I believe there are many more unreported cases, as many people, like me, realise that it is useless to make a report.
My condominium manager told me that even after a National Environment Agency officer spoke to a smoker, he continued to smoke at his window and balcony.

Dr Khor seems to suggest that difficulty in enforcing the law is reason enough not to enact such a law.
I beg to differ. Do we have to install cameras in cars to ensure that people are wearing their seat belts? Just a piece of legislature will get people to wear them.
Regardless of the difficulty of enforcement, such legislation is powerful enough to save lives.
Most smokers are considerate and civic-minded; they listen and care. However, only the law can tackle the minority of smokers who are selfish and inconsiderate.
These smokers do not smoke inside their premises but at windows and balconies as they want to protect their own children and families but disregard the health of their neighbours.
Dr Khor mentioned that the Government has been and will continue to expand smoke-free places. Again, this does not solve the problem. I can avoid going to places where people smoke but I have nowhere to go when they are smoking right outside my window at home.
I appeal to the Government to protect us. One life lost to second-hand smoke is one life too many.

Cheh Khee
This is sad.

Not just that people are so inconsiderate.

But also that people live so close together that inside their own so called "homes" they literally breathe the air that their neighbors exhale!

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The 4G leaders who responded in a signed statement to Wooden Goh asking for
more time to decide on their leader have gone missing. Now, more than ever, we
need leaders!

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
It will be too little, too late.
They will come up just before next GE, some half farked measures, toothless, and full of bombastic wayang.
Just like their TAFEP.