• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Pritam debates NS

kopikia

Alfrescian
Loyal
SAF already say army and ns is about war and protecting the country, it is not a social tool. for me, ns was too fucking long and 1/2 of it was a fucking waste of time. but it is what it is, a deterent for would be aggresors. trying to throw foreigners in there and use it like a make-friend-camp-fire thing is stupid.

also why are politicians way of solving a problem is by bringing everyone down to the same level? i suffer and hated ns, but making others suffer and hate ns like me is not solving anything.

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can safely say the 200,000 are mainly Indians! Altho someone here has disagreed with my hunch.

The 200,000 is confirmed Indians by none other than the Indian government. This number excludes relatively new Indian nationals who took on PRs and citizenzhip. The 200,000 are those on working passes here.

cunnilaubu

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I will look at it this way - it is telling the FTs that if you don't want to do NS, you are not welcome here.
Citizenship has a price, and that is doing NS. 1st gen or not, do it if you are below the 40.
You can go to the Army, Police, SCDF, Vigilante Corp, whatever, just do it.
If you don't want to, then FO.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
if Australia do that FTs are willing to do NS because the land is big. Singapore? why would you, a tiny dot small island with one government control civil services and businesses won't last.

I will look at it this way - it is telling the FTs that if you don't want to do NS, you are not welcome here.
Citizenship has a price, and that is doing NS. 1st gen or not, do it if you are below the 40.
You can go to the Army, Police, SCDF, Vigilante Corp, whatever, just do it.
If you don't want to, then FO.

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Making FTs serve NS will devalue & cost the morale of our soldiers go down the pit...

Working time already need to face them Liao... Imagine going back for reservist still see their face! Tougher to motivate them!

andyfisher

Alfrescian
Loyal
Making FTs serve NS is as useful as asking urines to bath everyday.

once this becomes policy, most FTs will balik kampung.

NS is a fucking waste of time,

This WP strategy is hard to predict, not sure where is their focus.