• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PRC Bus Drivers Just Back Back Home - No Regrets

jw5

Loyal
Post in this thread leh, why nobody interested in posting here? LOL.

Hawkeye1819

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I am quite appalled by what he said. The pictures of those dormitories tell a very sad tale. Filthy and broken toilets, unhygienic living conditions, super-cramped quarters that look designed for prison inmates. I'm not saying we treat foreign workers or transient workers like kings and queens, but at least have some human decency to provide proper living environment. That chap has the cheek to say he inspected the quarters and found them all right.

Want to take in so many foreign workers, make sure you build enough housing facilities for them first. Don't just dump them in some squalid 3rd world stinkhole and expect them to be on best behaviour. It looks bad on us as a society. It shows utter lack of infrastructure planning, and lack of basic decency.

Also, make sure Singaporeans don't have to pay the price of having so many ten of thousands of these foreign workers housed right at their HDB door steps. When the crime rate shoots up and tensions rise, it will be local heartlanders paying a dear price for government policies.

Agree. Our brave ex-soldier general said he went to inspect the living conditions and he was happy with the standards woh.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I am quite appalled by what he said. The pictures of those dormitories tell a very sad tale. Filthy and broken toilets, unhygienic living conditions, super-cramped quarters that look designed for prison inmates.

The cramped conditions are no worse than what you see in HK. They are far better than the squalor that millions of poor Chinese call home.

The filthy toilets are of their own creation. Chinks and stinking toilets are happy bedfellows. Put a chink in the lap of luxury and the toilets will still be turned into horror scenes in less than a week. I witness the stark contrast between a chink toilet and an Ang Moh toilet on a regular basis in Auckland.

jw5

Loyal
The topic of PRC bus drivers interests me immensely because I have observed in China, 2 cases of drivers who fell alseep while driving.
One was a public bus driver and the other a taxi driver.
In both cases, the idiots had to be woken up with loud shouts.
Really not up to mark, both of them.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Don't underestimate the PRC Chinese. This was the mistake made by the PAP and it cost Sporean taxpayers billions in the Suzhou affair.

Even today the actual losses are a state secret:rolleyes:

somebody is still laughing its way to the bank hoh

Hawkeye1819

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
We should not take the squalor that exists elsewhere as an excuse for low standards of treatment. It reflects poorly on us as a society.

The cramped conditions are no worse than what you see in HK. They are far better than the squalor that millions of poor Chinese call home.

The filthy toilets are of their own creation. Chinks and stinking toilets are happy bedfellows. Put a chink in the lap of luxury and the toilets will still be turned into horror scenes in less than a week. I witness the stark contrast between a chink toilet and an Ang Moh toilet on a regular basis in Auckland.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
We should not take the squalor that exists elsewhere as an excuse for low standards of treatment. It reflects poorly on us as a society.

Singapore society has never set any standards in the first place. The facade looks good but behind it lurks a 3rd world nation.

jw5

Loyal
These prc bus drivers, some of them do put in the effort to learn, adapt and put in a hard day's work.
But there are those who sit around yeo lampar all day, waiting to collect their paychecks.
Need to be more discerning in separating the wheat from the chaff.

jw5

Loyal
Just walk along the 2 bus stops outside St Andrew's Cathedral and you can see most of the buses there are being driven by PRC drivers.
It's important that only the dedicated and responsible ones are allowed to go on the road.