• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PRC Bus Driver: Speak Mandarin Or Else..

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top> Coffeeshop Chit Chat - PRC Bus Driver: Speak Mandarin Or Else..</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right>
icon.aspx
Subscribe </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead vAlign=top><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>makapa <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>3:19 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 1) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>26135.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>Dec 22, 2009

Speak in Mandarin, says shuttle bus driver on Orchard route

<!-- by line --><!-- end by line -->
<!-- end left side bar --><!-- story content : start -->
ON SUNDAY, I boarded a shuttle bus covering the Orchard Road malls route. I asked the driver whether his stop was at Tangs or Lucky Plaza. I did not understand his response so I repeated my question and again I could not understand him. A passenger seated nearby gave me the information I needed.
A little later, I found out the driver was telling me to speak in Mandarin. I assume he must be a recently recruited China national.
Earlier, another bus on the same route stopped for no apparent reason in front of the Four Seasons Hotel. The door near me opened and a man from outside muttered something to me. I asked him to direct his question to the driver as I thought he wanted to know if the bus was going his way. Instead, he repeated what he had said. Suddenly, many in the bus stood up. It turned out he was asking us to get off and board another bus behind ours.
I believe this new service is operated by the Singapore Tourism Board, which should know better than to use a driver who does not even know the English names of the malls he stops at on the fairly short route.
Denis Distant

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

VERNALICK

Alfrescian
Loyal
CHEAP LABOUR ! But i tink STB outsourced the job 2 a private bus co which care onli abt it's bottomline !

FuckSamLeong

Alfrescian
Loyal
One day, one day....the floodgate of suppressed Malay emotions will burst apart and there will be a tide of violence not seen since the 60's!:mad:

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We are definitely a Chinese country ( 75% is a big enough majority ) but the govt refuse to admit that fact.
We are a Chinese country but our official language is Malay which 85% of the population don't know.
Our national anthem and military commands are in Malay when we have broken off from Malaysia 40+ years already.
Our official language is Malay but the administrative language is English and English + Chinese are the street languages.
Govt love Foreigners more than Singaporeans
Our young boys go army, Ang Moh 2LT ordered them to knock it down...

I sympathise with the Taiwanese who felt theirs were a unnormal country. Their constitutions were written for the Chinese mainland 60 years ago.

Singapore is perhaps not a normal country too.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ah denis ...

wen u r in china, spik chinese ... understand? ... :mad:

Dennis Distant, the resident writer to Shit Times, together with Narayana Narayana...not a 'ghost writer'...

Oh! Dennis is getting a free ride...unfortunately Dennis is Eurasian, he do not understand Mandarin...but if you swear at him, in Hokkien, Cantonese etc.. sure he would know, when to get down the bus...

What happened to the providing jobs for SINgaporeans, even STPB is employing ah tiongs...

Screwball

Alfrescian
Loyal
One day, one day....the floodgate of suppressed Malay emotions will burst apart and there will be a tide of violence not seen since the 60's!:mad:

The next tide of violence will not be racial in nature. It will be FTs against oppressed peasants ! The bloody government better wake up early before it explodes !!!

SamuelStalin

Alfrescian
Loyal
The next tide of violence will not be racial in nature. It will be FTs against oppressed peasants ! The bloody government better wake up early before it explodes !!!

Come on, let's not get too paranoid here. Singapore is a fine and safe place by all measure.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Way better than the Nationalist vipers and traitors. Compared to China Taiwan is a rubbish country that is of no value and use to Singapore.

the real traitors to all Chinese are Mao Zedong led Bandits, his masterpiece - 中华苏维埃共和国 - The Chinese Soviet Republic.

sammyboi

Alfrescian
Loyal
<TABLE id=msgUN border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top> Coffeeshop Chit Chat - PRC Bus Driver: Speak Mandarin Or Else..</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right>
icon.aspx
Subscribe </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead vAlign=top><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>makapa <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>3:19 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 1) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>26135.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>Dec 22, 2009

Speak in Mandarin, says shuttle bus driver on Orchard route

<!-- by line --><!-- end by line -->
<!-- end left side bar --><!-- story content : start -->
ON SUNDAY, I boarded a shuttle bus covering the Orchard Road malls route. I asked the driver whether his stop was at Tangs or Lucky Plaza. I did not understand his response so I repeated my question and again I could not understand him. A passenger seated nearby gave me the information I needed.
A little later, I found out the driver was telling me to speak in Mandarin. I assume he must be a recently recruited China national.
Earlier, another bus on the same route stopped for no apparent reason in front of the Four Seasons Hotel. The door near me opened and a man from outside muttered something to me. I asked him to direct his question to the driver as I thought he wanted to know if the bus was going his way. Instead, he repeated what he had said. Suddenly, many in the bus stood up. It turned out he was asking us to get off and board another bus behind ours.
I believe this new service is operated by the Singapore Tourism Board, which should know better than to use a driver who does not even know the English names of the malls he stops at on the fairly short route.
Denis Distant

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

there seems to be lapse in hiring practises...or bribes have exchange hands between snakeheads and relevant hiring bodies

jw5

Loyal
We are definitely a Chinese country ( 75% is a big enough majority ) but the govt refuse to admit that fact.
We are a Chinese country but our official language is Malay which 85% of the population don't know.
Our national anthem and military commands are in Malay when we have broken off from Malaysia 40+ years already.
Our official language is Malay but the administrative language is English and English + Chinese are the street languages.
Govt love Foreigners more than Singaporeans
Our young boys go army, Ang Moh 2LT ordered them to knock it down...

I sympathise with the Taiwanese who felt theirs were a unnormal country. Their constitutions were written for the Chinese mainland 60 years ago.

Singapore is perhaps not a normal country too.
Not every prc national working here needs to know english, but I think it's absurd that those working at the airport, in the orchard area and generally in the service and tourism industry don't know english. What is more absurd is that their employers allow it.