• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PR should never even to rent out one room. Khaw should do more.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Today 06:27 PM #1
Liews
  • profile.png
    View Profile
  • forum.png
    View Forum Posts
  • message.png
    Private Message

user-online.png

<DL class=userinfo_extra><DT>Join Date <DD>May 2008 </DD><DT>Posts <DD>173 </DD></DL>

[h=2]PR should never even to rent out one room. Khaw should do more.[/h]
the purpose to let PR buy HDB is for them to have a roof.
They are here to work to boast singapore econmoy and not be a landlord!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!
I dont see the reason why they are allowed to benefit from rental. (about $650 per room)
I challenge PR to convert to singaporean if they want this benefit.

Wait until subletting duration end is too long. should set a target date 6 months from now.
Impose hefty punishments if anyone caught against the rules too..

Khaw is very very very slow in correcting all this problems.
Khaw is also very very half- hearted in his policy too. (cant sublet whole flat but can rent out one or 2 rooms)​

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
millionaire

user-offline.png

<DL class=userinfo_extra><DT>Join Date <DD>Aug 2007 </DD><DT>Location <DD>Paradise </DD><DT>Posts <DD>442 </DD></DL>

[h=2]Why so hard to BAN all PRs from subletting ?[/h]
" PRs owning HDB Flats Disallowed from Subletting their Whole Flat

3 ) Currently, a PR flat owner can sublet his whole flat after meeting the minimum
occupation period (MOP). From 12 January 2013, PR households will be disallowed
from subletting their whole flat. This will apply to existing PR households owning an
HDB flat and PR households who intend to buy resale flat. PR households will
continue to be able to sublet rooms.

4) PR households who have been approved by the HDB to sublet their whole
flats prior to 12 January 2013 will be allowed to continue with the subletting
arrangement for the remainder of the approved duration.

PRs owning HDB Flats Must Sell their Flat after Purchase of Private
Residential Property in Singapore

5 ) Currently, PR households can retain their flats and invest in private residential
property after meeting the MOP for their flats.

6 ) From 12 January 2013, PR households must dispose of their HDB flats within
six months of purchasing a private residential property in Singapore. PR households
who had earlier been allowed by HDB to own a private residential property in
Singapore prior to 12 January 2013 will not be required to sell their HDB flats.
However, if they buy another private property in Singapore on or after 12 January
2013, they must sell their HDB flats. "

The new measures let PRs continue to ride on Singaporeans' benefits....

Existing PRs who have met the MOP can continue to sublet whole until approved duration. After that can continue to lock one room and sublet again .....

Existing PRs who have met MOP can continue to keep flat and private properties ....

Singaporeans have been telling KBW to BAN all subletting by PRs and PRs can keep only one property .
Which part he cannot understand ah?
He should be exiled to his old farmland.....​

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Today 06:27 PM #1
Liews

user-online.png

<DL class=userinfo_extra><DT>Join Date <DD>May 2008 </DD><DT>Posts <DD>173 </DD></DL>

They are here to work to boast singapore econmoy and not be a landlord!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!
I dont see the reason why they are allowed to benefit from rental. (about $650 per room)

Wait until subletting duration end is too long. should set a target date 6 months from now.
Impose hefty punishments if anyone caught against the rules too..

Khaw is very very very slow in correcting all this problems.
Khaw is also very very half- hearted in his policy too. (cant sublet whole flat but can rent out one or 2 rooms)​

so if a guy got 1-rm flat............he rent out the only room in the flat, can lah ?:biggrin:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
so if a guy got 1-rm flat............he rent out the only room in the flat, can lah ?:biggrin:

PR will never buy a 1 room flat...their intention is to make money from the property they buy & SCOOT off, when the have milked the "COW", but the Penang Cow like his UDDERS to be pressed..shiok!! & Bagus!! ha ha ha ha :biggrin:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
All this can be easily resolved if Singaporean decimate the PAP candidate at the polls. If the guy receives anything more than 38%, it will be business as usual.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Zorro Lim, this guy, Teo HP, Yeo guat kwang....wish I could put them all into one garbage bag and dump them into the dirtiest cesspool where they belong.

HotCrossBun

Alfrescian
Loyal
All these half hearted measures are to wayang for gullible Singkies to see. It is never their real intent to bring the property price down.

When the property prices started to fall, their revenue via stamp duty will also come off.

SeeingRED

Alfrescian
Loyal
Today 06:27 PM

I would prefer a modified approach.
For PR A who is able to prove (letter from Employer) that he/she has job responsibilities overseas, new rules of subletting 1 or 2 rooms is reasonable.
For PR B who commutes between JB & Singapore, the new rules are still no good.

SongBoh

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
huat arh! everyone huat together. song boh?

Bro if everyone huat together, then very song arh!

But if the PR are here to push up the prices and sell it when they balek kampong, leaving the younger generation picking up the expensive properties, then cannot be very song.

Singapore must be for Singaporeans.

We cannot huat at the expense of the future generation. If so, where got song right?

Boliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
You missed out this part.. technically, no impact to the ones who are taking advantage by having 1 Singaporean

The new ABSD structure is as follows:

6 However, ABSD relief will be provided for joint purchases by married couples with at least one Singaporean spouse (i.e. a married couple with a Singaporean spouse and PR / foreigner spouse). Such purchases will not be subject to ABSD, as long as both spouses do not own any other property at the time of purchase. This relief facilitates their purchase of a matrimonial home, and puts them in the same position as a married couple with both Singaporean spouses who are purchasing their first residential property.

7 ABSD relief will also be provided to eligible married couples with at least one Singaporean spouse, who have purchased a second private residential property and will dispose their existing residential property.

Last edited: