• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Potong Pasir Appeal

diversifyx2

Alfrescian
Loyal
play dirty lah, nevermind let sito upgrade PP first, vote him out next election after upgrading is done, so simple politic is like that one mah

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
its alittle fuzzy, seems like after factoring in the votes, abt 74 votes in favour of Sitoh

and then there are 247 void ones, i also dunno how ???

:confused:

Many believe that George Bush stole the presidency aided by his brother Jeb Bush then the governor of Florida. This was done when many votes for the Democratic candidate Al Gore was thrown out. Read about it at:

http://www.angelfire.com/journal2/davismi/bushtheft.html

Knowing that the PAP can play dirty I have to wonder about all those spoilt votes:confused: In LHL's own words is this part of "fixing" the opposition?

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal
Knowing that the PAP can play dirty I have to wonder about all those spoilt votes:confused: In LHL's own words is this part of "fixing" the opposition?

we will never know the truth... only those in the Elector's Office will know... unfortunately, the Elector Office is directly under the Prime Minister Office... which is upsurd... maybe Tan Jee Say can comment?

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha....the counting agents represent the candidates to ensure that spoilt votes are "agreed" as spolit...
they played an important role besides making sure that the votes are counted correctly....

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
If enough have got the guts yesterday then no need for such antics today.
Winning margin however slim is still a majority. Cannot get 8000 votes last night, then expect to get 8000 names on petition today?

If Lina didn't appear on TV she might have won just on face recognition. She lost the election for herself. You hear her talk, she really doesn't deserve to be MP anyway.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If Lina didn't appear on TV she might have won just on face recognition. She lost the election for herself. You hear her talk, she really doesn't deserve to be MP anyway.

quite, but then that is for the residents of Potong Pasir to decide and half of them already have. The other half apparently not giving up, this is getting interesting

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lina sounds like my mother... (sorry to say) a classic auntie... but an auntie with heart! And an auntie with heart will surely listen to the people at the ground... so I say she is qualified to be a MP. Just my opinion, at least she will make a MP who truly listen to the people... rather than the Scholar Ya Ya Papaya PAP ministers... who only think about money.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You don't need a PhD, but a heart to serve the people. Lina may not be a scholar, she has the heart, just like her hubby, our National Hero Chiam See Tong. This is for sure!

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
play dirty lah, nevermind let sito upgrade PP first, vote him out next election after upgrading is done, so simple politic is like that one mah

U think PAP stupid? Once they have Potong Pasir, they will redraw the boundaries and let a GRC absorb Potong Pasir. Once that happens Potong Pasir is gone forever.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You don't need a PhD, but a heart to serve the people. Lina may not be a scholar, she has the heart, just like her hubby, our National Hero Chiam See Tong. This is for sure!

i agree with you, despite our differences. Thumbs up!

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal
U think PAP stupid? Once they have Potong Pasir, they will redraw the boundaries and let a GRC absorb Potong Pasir. Once that happens Potong Pasir is gone forever.

I wonder what will happen if PAP do that...

do you think this will cause an uproar in the Potong Pasir Ward? Perhaps a parade of displeasure?

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What exactly are on these Potong Pasir voters mind ?
They finally sober up after , what , 24 hours after polling result ?
They couldn't go to bed tonight because they felt remorseful ?
Like I said earlier , Potong Pasir will merge into one of those GRC before the next election ( bet your last dollar on that )
Potong Pasir will be a forgotten part of political history where future generations will not hear about.
Promises of carrots by Sitoh , made you screwed not only Chiam See Tong but yourselves too.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PAP won back PP after more than 20 years and you think they will give it back? No way. Besides PP is in need of more upgrading which PAP is ever so willing to give. After 5 years and upgraded the opposition will fight to get it back, a win-win situation.

PP will be part of a GRC when the next GE arrives. Bet on that.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Agree. Coz PP is associated with CST and vice versa, PAP will want to get rid of this ghost once and for all. No other better way than to absorb PP to a GRC.

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
i stay in toa payoh Lor 8.

Lina lost is just a simple 114 difference, but for us it was not just black and white.

when desmond lim stormed into SPP/SDA with 20 malays to oust Chiam, it looked like another coup.

desmond was dumped and lina chiam was appointed as successor. both do not look any credible.

sitoh wasn't pushy won some votes.

chiam's campaigning won some votes for Lina.
d
Lina lost alot of votes on CNA but gained a number of votes when CST walked down from a 24 storeys point block. It would seem cruel to treat Chiam if voted for Sitoh.

would we like to see Lina in parliament not understanding issues?

even as Lina is qualified to be NCMP, we would prefer she give way to Nicole, VW or TJS.

And why CST did not put Ben Pwee in PP?