• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Potong Pasir Appeal

papFart

Alfrescian
Loyal
WE did not betray for upgrading,,,,,,,,,,,,

CST betrayed US by sending Auntie Lina,,,,,,,

if not for CST walking with Lina Chia during walkabouts and sympathy votes, the margin would have been MUCH bigger

CST never betray anyone in PP.. In fact , he has stated well before the Election began that he would compete in a GRC...His commitment is very clear and his also informed publicily that his wife will take take over him to defend PP. At that time no strong oppsition from residents of PP...no petition to ask him to stay on in PP.

Everything is over now, no point crying over spill milk:(

Hope he make a return in 5 years time.

To capture more seats in Parliment, all the Opp Parties should consolidate into 2 big parties or better still ONE super strong Opp party..like our local banks scene.:wink:

Last edited:

Hock

Alfrescian
Loyal
Go and buy Potong Pasir HDB flats, the prices will increase by at least 20% this year.

hitower

Alfrescian
Loyal
Result out liao, why bother... you think the petition will go through PAP? Stop dreaming.... Those who voted for PAP in Potong Pasir are an ungrateful butch of sinkie.... The history will repeat itself, Potong Pasir will bulldoze in a few years time.....

If this happen, I will be laughing all the way. Serve you right for losing your home.

Why do the gahmen wanted to bulldoze, Potong Pasir is a prime area, and the area might lose to opposition the next election, therefore one stone two birds, bulldoze the area, sell it to private property developer (can make more money) and at the same time can weaken the opposition supporter..

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There are 17000 voters in PP but there are more than 1200 who did not exercise their votes. translating to 7%. You tell me.

RoyMcFarland

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm a PP voter from Lor 8. I would like to highlight some thoughts. First of all, the PAP candidate, Seetoh only polled 49.6% of ALL votes that night. I'm including the spoilt votes as well as those people also came to the polling station and "voted". Therefore, its INCORRECT to say that Setoh has won the MAJORITY of votes.

Secondly, to blame the PP electorate of falling for the carrots, as some of you have, is a gross disrespect to us who have resisted for 27 years. My view is that the scales were tipped by the new 1000+ residents of the new condominiums that have come up near Potong Pasir Estate. i.e. all the rest voted as they did in 2006.

Thirdly, unless it can be proven that the intent of at least 58 out of the 242 "spoilt" votes were to vote for Mrs Chiam, and in the absence of any other legal protests,...PP residents should accept and respect the political process, no matter how distasteful it is. After voting for Chiam since 1984, I'm not going to support Setoh, but, I've to accept that he's the duly elected MP for PP.

Last edited:

LonewolfAlfa

Alfrescian
Loyal
aiyah let PP residents suffer the daily dust, dirt and noise of upgrading for a couple of years.

then when their brand new shiny made in china lifts gets stuck and goes for maintainence work every other day, then they will know, climb one or two floors is not so bad after all.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't think there is a problem with trying for an appeal but it is WRONG to curse those who voted for the PAPzis. If there is any comeuppance, they will know by the next poll. They've made their beds and must now sleep in them. This goes for everyone who has voted.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I don't think there is a problem with trying for an appeal but it is WRONG to curse those who voted for the PAPzis. If there is any comeuppance, they will know by the next poll. They've made their beds and must now sleep in them. This goes for everyone who has voted.

i agree, Mr. Chiam never stopped working for those who did not voted for him either and he won't.

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry brother, no time to go through the whole thread. Just an opinion/question. If the PAP had won by 1 vote, would the same people ask for a recount? Fair is fair. First one past the post. That's the rule.

Potong Pasir had sacrificed enough in giving the PAP the middle finger all these years. Let them get the goodies promised by PAP Sitoh.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hope Potong Pasir will have extra $100m budget from gov as what GCT promise last election. Not from town council budget .
And after upgrading C&M fee will remian same.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Potong Pasir had sacrificed enough in giving the PAP the middle finger all these years. Let them get the goodies promised by PAP Sitoh.

PAP got a bad track record of keeping promises:(

PP may not get their upgrade :eek: They might also be gerrymandered out of existence like what happened to Cheng San. PAP can be spiteful you know:rolleyes:

However if the PAP did that, they might regret it. After all they've already lost 2 GRCs. Who's to know if they won't loose more in the next GE:confused:

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If this happen, I will be laughing all the way. Serve you right for losing your home.

Why do the gahmen wanted to bulldoze, Potong Pasir is a prime area, and the area might lose to opposition the next election, therefore one stone two birds, bulldoze the area, sell it to private property developer (can make more money) and at the same time can weaken the opposition supporter..
Fully agree, sad but true