• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Possible electoral divisions WP will contest in 2016

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
The following is my prediction for the next GE for the electoral divisions WP will likely contest.

In 2011 WP contested:

GRCs:
Aljunied: 5
East Coast: 5
Moulmein-Kallang: 4
Nee Soon: 5

SMCs:
Hougang
Joo Chiat
Punggol East
Sengkang West

TOTAL candidates: 23

In 2016 the following are possible other electoral divisions:

GRCs:
Marine Parade: 5
Tampines: 5
Pasir Ris-Punggol: 6

SMCs:
Whampoa

If all the above apply and the GRCs and their sizes remain, then in 2016 WP could field 40 candidates. Other than Mounbatten, which I think WP will likely leave to NSP, NSP will be eased out of the eastern half of the island or, if it so chooses, engage in multi-cornered fights with WP especially over Marine Parade and Tampines.

WP will likley be able to fill all the slots with quality and credible candidates with already 4 new faces unveiled during the Punggol East BE.

Last edited:

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why not WP eat up RP territory? Got West Coast and Ang Mo Kio, 11 seats. More than enough, don't need to move into MP and Tampines.

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why not WP eat up RP territory? Got West Coast and Ang Mo Kio, 11 seats. More than enough, don't need to move into MP and Tampines.

In 1997 WP went to West Coast. Their vote then was paltry. West Coast is geographically very sprawling; not easy to cover.

I think NSP has probably got some indication that WP had keen interest in contesting in MP and Tampines.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
In 1997 WP went to West Coast. Their vote then was paltry. West Coast is geographically very sprawling; not easy to cover.

I think NSP has probably got some indication that WP had keen interest in contesting in MP and Tampines.

Very much agree. Not easy to target the strong ones.

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal

In 1997 everybody's vote was paltry. East Coast and Joo Chiat are also sprawling and not easy to cover.

biondi

Alfrescian
Loyal
I will be expecting more 3 cornered fight in ge2016. After punggol east BE, a lot more members will sign up with the party. That sociology professor that was introduced during the rally is likely to be one of the candidate.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
I will be expecting more 3 cornered fight in ge2016. After punggol east BE, a lot more members will sign up with the party. That sociology professor that was introduced during the rally is likely to be one of the candidate.

Don't try it so many times. It can get exhausting. Li Lian and Sylvia were definitely exhausted in the press conference. LTK too. And such fights need maximum firepower.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

When NSP stayed away from the PE BE, they probably did so knowing that the WP would not compete with them in MP and Tampines. If they had entered the fray, no reason why the WP will stay away from MP and Tampines. Imo, win-win for both WP and NSP.

nato33

Alfrescian
Loyal
In 1997 everybody's vote was paltry. East Coast and Joo Chiat are also sprawling and not easy to cover.

Yee Jenn Jong has been keeping in touch with the ground in Joo Chiat since GE 2011. So if Joo Chiat stays as SMC, WP would have had 5 years of exposure in Joo Chiat. This is a ripe mango waiting for WP to pluck in 2016

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Geographically, WP has Pasir-Ris Punggol and Tampines surrounded. We don't need NSP/GMS to tell us WP will be keen in 2016 to contest there. Even the layman will expect WP to contest there.

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Tampines NSP team has disbanded so WP is welcome to take Tampines.

Pasir-Ris Punggol was contested by SDA in 2006 and 2011. Given the beating Desmond Lim just took in the Punggol East BE, it is fair to say WP can safely move in without too much problem.

It is MP that will be contentious. NSP still very active in MP selling Northstar. For those who want to meet Nicole, you can pop by the Parkway area where she turns up regularly. Jeanette is also very active in Mountbatten. Their hope is to merge the two together. With Nicole and Jeanette in these two territories, not sure that WP can take them from NSP.

Geographically, WP has Pasir-Ris Punggol and Tampines surrounded. We don't need NSP/GMS to tell us WP will be keen in 2016 to contest there. Even the layman will expect WP to contest there.

FredTan76

Alfrescian
Loyal
A party with many aspiring members witll fight among emselves & tear e party apart if they dun have any fight outside in any SMC/GRC.
It's no longer a choice for WP to chose or not to contest in supposedly other opp area like AMK, MParade, Pasir Ris & etc.

It's either infighting within e party when aspiring members & cadres step on each other for limited candidacy or WP contest in at least 40 seats come next GE to assure every deserving file & rank who has work hard for many years are given their shot.

3, 4 & 5 cornered fight will only push would-be swing voters away from PAP, SDP, NSP, SDA, DPP, SF, SPP, PKMS, SJP & RP into WP's hand & play ala Punggol East.

LTK's words bout no possibility or working in unity w other will be used by WP as a strategy to evoke tactical voting among the swing voters.
U think e wily old fox's still around since 1986 cos he dun think 2-3 steps ahead?

Last edited:

k0s0ng

Alfrescian
Loyal
GRCs:
Marine Parade: 5
Tampines: 5
Pasir Ris-Punggol: 6

SMCs:
Whampoa

WP will never mount serious challenge to PAP's leaders in an election as they are too afraid of "freak election"; hence, Pasir Ris- Punggol is not very likely given the limited resource they have.

Expansion to the west will likely include Potong Pasir; one stroke kills 3 annoying birds: SPP, SDA, ..and (possibly) DPP.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oppos supporters in Tampines very much welcome the Workers Party..

Due to our hatred for MBT and Co, we have been voting for clowns like the SDA and NSP for the last 4 GEs..

wwabbit

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think WP is also likely to go into Bishan Toa Payoh, since the SPP team has disbanded.
I would also like to see WP go into Potong Pasir SMC with SPP's endorsement, but probably won't happen.