• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Political Implications of 6.9 Protests

DEDEER

Alfrescian
Loyal
You seems NOT to have a good analytical mind. Even the uncles on the streets can see much clearer than you do.... It's the confluent of factors and basically, thanks to Tin PL for bringing in the contrast to make Nicole the star and slamming GCT.

Goh Meng Seng

Yeah. All the uncles and aunties in Tampines show you the middle finger. You understand bo?

Loser politicians talk here. Winners in parliament. Can you analyse this?

Last edited:

DEDEER

Alfrescian
Loyal
You seems NOT to have a good analytical mind. Even the uncles on the streets can see much clearer than you do.... It's the confluent of factors and basically, thanks to Tin PL for bringing in the contrast to make Nicole the star and slamming GCT.

Goh Meng Seng

Got analyse how come Tan Kin Lian get only 5% with you as his Advisor? You so 'smart' leh. How come never help him gain more votes. Deposit also can lose. Alamak.

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
............I didn't say branding is not important... in fact, some have interpreted that I said branding determines the outcome of PEBE.

Branding may be important BUT not the MOST or ONLY important factor in some instances. Just give you one interesting point, for example if you make comparison between Marine Parade vs Yishun or Moulmein Kallang. Which plays the most important factors? Obviously there are more factors influencing voters' choice other than mere party branding. That is why, in spite of the fact that NSP team with Nicole Seah in Marine Parade, facing a GIANT HEAVY Weight GCT, could still outperform WP's Yishun and MK team, which face weaker ministers like Yacoob. In such cases of comparisons, do you conclude to say NSP branding is better than WP?

Selectively using facts to prove your fantasy.

Why dun you compare MP GRC and Aljunied GRC?

MP has Woody but also has out-of-depth Tin Tin and a nobody-before-GE2011 TanCJ. You are indeed stupid to think Aljunied was an easier meat with Good-Riddance George, 1st lady cabinet Ministar Lim Hwee Hua, another-useless-Unionist that Pinky thought got Ministar potential OngYK and potentially the next Speaker Zainul

Or you want to compare your defeat in Tampines GRC and Aljunied GRC?

You lost to Marlboro Tan, the most hated White Scum then. How to explain that?

I shall stop here and it is not my responsibility to make you smarter politically.

I am glad you are starting to learn.

At least you know when to keep your mouth shut before painted yourself up the ceiling.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Disagree.

After rear-admirer White Scum newbie Koh's numerous and wonderful own goals, managed in that short a campaign period, I think even my smallest grandkid could manage to win him by 5%.

What own goals? If Dr Koh is on the Opposition side, and LLL is on incumbent, who would you vote for? Get real please. :rolleyes:

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
I am glad you are learning fast, though you don't know your own contradications. :wink:

What makes a good team or result in a good result depends on a lot of factors, not just one factor like "Party Branding". In a more simpler terms, you just list out all the factors that can affect performance of any opposition party in any contest that comes with a point system. Try to give points... like ground work, candidates, opponents, PAP, policy, local ground issues etc. Then you add them up as a score card for each party, tally and compare, you will get your answers.

That is why when I say ground work, all parties get near zero... KJ may get some points ahead. Last minute coverage of blocks actually don't really add much points.. in fact, if you do not do ground work in the past but only manage to cover all blocks during elections, it just show that you are somehow as insincere as PAP. Maybe just gain a bit of points for trying good effort, nothing much.

You have to be objective in the assessment and you will see clearly what matters in certain contests and each and every contest is different. In PEBE, apparently, candidates profile, ground work and such don't really matter much. The sentiments of wanting to teach PAP a good lesson matters most and that result in heavy weightage given to perception of possibility or chances to win... this in turn, puts party branding a priority. However, having said that, it is not solely party branding that matters.... the force behind such heavy weightage given to party branding was the ANGER.

Anyway, no use to carry on to talk to people like you who only want to believe in what you want to believe. Good night. :smile:

Goh Meng Seng

Selectively using facts to prove your fantasy.

Why dun you compare MP GRC and Aljunied GRC?

MP has Woody but also has out-of-depth Tin Tin and a nobody-before-GE2011 TanCJ. You are indeed stupid to think Aljunied was an easier meat with Good-Riddance George, 1st lady cabinet Ministar Lim Hwee Hua, another-useless-Unionist that Pinky thought got Ministar potential OngYK and potentially the next Speaker Zainul

Or you want to compare your defeat in Tampines GRC and Aljunied GRC?

You lost to Marlboro Tan, the most hated White Scum then. How to explain that?

I am glad you are starting to learn.

At least you know when to keep your mouth shut before painted yourself up the ceiling.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
.....Even if WP put a donkey up, it will win the PEBE. That is how angry voters are....

Goh Meng Seng

It would be great if you were the wp candidate for PEBE and had won. It then prove beyond doubt your assessment that even if wp put a donkey it would have won.

Last edited:

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
What own goals?

Prerequisite of any meaningful discussion is all parties must at least be truthful to an extend. If at least 1 party has no problem acting innocent, insisting black is white, white is black then how can?

So pls be honest with yourself 1st.......

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am glad you are learning fast, though you don't know your own contradications.

Oh my. Do I need to be simpler and more straightforward with my reply to you? No wonder you can't read the ground sentiment and lost all your elections.

..........What makes a good team or result in a good result depends on a lot of factors, not just one factor like "Party Branding". In a more simpler terms, you just list out all the factors that can affect performance of any opposition party in any contest that comes with a point system. Try to give points... like ground work, candidates, opponents, PAP, policy, local ground issues etc. Then you add them up as a score card for each party, tally and compare, you will get your answers.

Actually I dun think I've said anything about "branding" at all. So why get your knickers in a twist?

All I was trying to do is to prove that you are cherry picking data to justify your fantasy.... I thought I'd already said that in my earlier post?

That is why when I say ground work, all parties get near zero... KJ may get some points ahead. Last minute coverage of blocks actually don't really add much points.. in fact, if you do not do ground work in the past but only manage to cover all blocks during elections, it just show that you are somehow as insincere as PAP. Maybe just gain a bit of points for trying good effort, nothing much.

You have to be objective in the assessment and you will see clearly what matters in certain contests and each and every contest is different. In PEBE, apparently, candidates profile, ground work and such don't really matter much. The sentiments of wanting to teach PAP a good lesson matters most and that result in heavy weightage given to perception of possibility or chances to win... this in turn, puts party branding a priority. However, having said that, it is not solely party branding that matters.... the force behind such heavy weightage given to party branding was the ANGER.

Let's assume you are all correct.

a) So KJ got points for groundwork. The rest a big fat 0. Let's give KJ extra 1%

b) You next said girl-next-door LLL is not the most credible. But you said candidate profile dun really matter much. So all no extra marks here.

c) Then you said branding maybe add some marks - I'm assuming White Scum > WP > RP, SDA

d) Lastly you threw in "ANGER". But then you cleverly added a variable called "weightage given to party branding"

Damn I think even rocket scientist got problem to figure this out

Anyway a few conclusions I could manage are:-
- big ego KJ and fatty Desmond are idiots for not understanding that equation like you do
- rear-admirer Koh is an even bigger idiot for wasting his time given the "ANGER" and that "weightage given to party branding". And to add insult to his wound, his seemingly better candidate profile is useless here.
- girl-next-door LLL must be a damn good rocket scientist since she must have figured out the answer to skip the groundwork, skip the candidate profile and go straight to "ANGER" and that "weightage given to party branding" to win by such a big margin. Smart

Anyway, no use to carry on to talk to people like you who only want to believe in what you want to believe. Good night.

You talking?

I think it's more like farting.

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
It would be great if you were the wp candidate for PEBE and had won. It then prove beyond doubt your assessment that even if wp put a donkey it would have won.

I want to strongly register my protest against your comment above.

What has donkey done to you to deserve your insult?

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Prerequisite of any meaningful discussion is all parties must at least be truthful to an extend. If at least 1 party has no problem acting innocent, insisting black is white, white is black then how can?

So pls be honest with yourself 1st.......

You're engaging in circular argument. I asked you a VERY simple question. If Dr Koh is standing for the Opposition and LLL is on the incumbent side, who would you vote for?

The pre-requisite is that you're truthful, for your answer will also speak volumes of your intelligence and common sense, or lack of.

In any case, the undeniable FACT is that the heartlanders had cast protest votes against PAP for the Punggol East by-election and it has NOTHING to do with whether it was WP or whatever party.

BUT of course, between the fatso, simpleton Desmond Lim and LLL, the heartlander's choice is pretty obvious. Only an absolute moron would vote for Desmond Lim, for obviously he's a PAP patsy. No man in his sound mind would throw away his deposits twice. He just needs to look at himself in the mirror.

BUT between Dr Koh and LLL, only an absolute moron would vote for LLL, unless the moron has a protest vote in his mind and that is exactly what had happened at Punggol East.

Last edited:

Ritchie

Alfrescian
Loyal
This 6.9 millions was just a proposal or likelihood of future population so as to identify the readiness and viablility of infrastructures. It was over-reacted. The sizeable crowd was mostly the same as orchard road, the former was being there as another avenue to experience cooling heat, thereafter, they find aircon place for relaxation :wink:

Last edited:

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
You're engaging in circular argument. I asked you a VER............happened at Punggol East.

Does Sam give free English reading class?

Can you read carefully which part of your original comment was I replying to before going all righteous?

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Does Sam give free English reading class?

Can you read carefully which part of your original comment was I replying to before going all righteous?

Blah blah blah.....You're a shit load of imbecile crap.

:oIo:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
It was a white paper put before Parliament. And Parliament voted. This was done after the "Singapore Conversation" was completed under Heng Swee Kiat. Do not brush it off as a proposal. It was never put forward as a proposal. There was no alternatives offered. Even a medium low key MNC, you cannot go to the board with a single proposal with no alternative. You will be crucified.

Just because people do not turn up at Hong Lim Park does not mean that they support the "proposal".

You may want to explain what the "Singapore Conversation" is all about and why it has no input into the White Paper.

This 6.9 millions was just a proposal or likelihood of future population so as to identify the readiness and viablility of infrastructures. It was over-reacted. The sizeable crowd was mostly the same as orchard road, the former was being there as another avenue to experience cooling heat, thereafter, they find aircon place for relaxation :wink:

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
From this thread it is an undeniable fact that it doesn't take much to get under the skin of the SDP IB.
Just like their idol, CSJ, they have an extremely short fuse. A bit, a bit, and they will blow their top.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
I am sorry but I guess WP IB people also short of fuse as well... doesn't really take much to get under their skin to make them jump into defend something that wasn't even an attack! As I have said, over-sensitive with that great self gulity conscience.

Worse of all, going round the bushes trying to defend simple facts not favorable to them. For the record, with due respect, LLL actually graduated from my primary school and no offence nor anything personal, in relative terms, she is less impressive in terms of academic qualifications than the other candidates but yet, WP IB people still want to defend such simple unfavorable fact. I am utterly disappointed. There is nothing wrong to have less impressive academic result because that is only one out of many criteria voters will look at.

Goh Meng Seng

From this thread it is an undeniable fact that it doesn't take much to get under the skin of the SDP IB.
Just like their idol, CSJ, they have an extremely short fuse. A bit, a bit, and they will blow their top.