• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PM Lee: We dont give $$ becos...

_AXL_

Alfrescian
Loyal
Being born balless is one thing but being brainless in allowing the evil perpetuating itself is another. One has to wake up to the fact that if they do not act to release themselves from the clutches of evil then they are responsible for their own and their future generation's sufferings.

To surrender their lives and that of their future generations to perpetual damnation is just plain stupidity and the situation is just going to get worse for all of us as time passes.

got brains also no use... i m sure the education system is a success, in the sense that people know a lie when they see one. but doing something about it is a totally different matter. there r just not enough avenues for alternative views or just to post the obvious questions. a person who has an alternative view would never know that there r people just like him out there with the niggling question!!! would he dare to act??? the straits times is called the states times. who reads them anymore???

the future generation??? who dares to give birth anymore??? i dont think a jewish slave to the egyptians would be happy to give birth. their children would be born as slaves. my son is just born and i had to convince my wife not to give up her korean citizenship recently after being a PR here half her life. i was happy to serve NS, damn!!! i m nationalistic and love my country. i have a way out, but i m not happy.

the current situation reminds me of a movie: V for Vendetta. no, i m not happy at all.

ok, i know i m rambling. i know i m out of point. for that, i apologise.

rainnix

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mr Lee said: "In a big economy, you can boost consumption. The government gives money, people spend it and it's spent within the economy. Most of it stays in, a little bit of it leaks out. You get a multiplier and the economic activity goes up.

“In Singapore if people spend money, most of the money goes overseas because we are so open and most of the demand is abroad. Most of the money we spend is spent on things which come from abroad so it's not possible for us to pump- prime the economy in the same way that other governments do. But there are other things we can do (such as) reducing costs and helping citizens directly.”

That why to reduce GST is better - solve the problem and incite local spending.

snrcitizen

Alfrescian
Loyal
got brains also no use... i m sure the education system is a success, in the sense that people know a lie when they see one. but doing something about it is a totally different matter. there r just not enough avenues for alternative views or just to post the obvious questions. a person who has an alternative view would never know that there r people just like him out there with the niggling question!!! would he dare to act??? the straits times is called the states times. who reads them anymore???

the future generation??? who dares to give birth anymore??? i dont think a jewish slave to the egyptians would be happy to give birth. their children would be born as slaves. my son is just born and i had to convince my wife not to give up her korean citizenship recently after being a PR here half her life. i was happy to serve NS, damn!!! i m nationalistic and love my country. i have a way out, but i m not happy.

the current situation reminds me of a movie: V for Vendetta. no, i m not happy at all.

ok, i know i m rambling. i know i m out of point. for that, i apologise.

Congratulations to you and your wife on the birth of your son. Are you posting in between feeding times? :p:biggrin:

Do not feel apologetic for expressing your very clear understanding of the situation we have here. However, is this unrecoverable, even with the obstacles you have pointed out?

Can we draw a lesson from the last elections in Malaysia? Are there no other way out of this evil dynasty? Many of us are also nationalistic like you and love this country, too. I am optimistic (perhaps naively) of changes to come but as bro Latest-H has posted in another thread, change is a marathon race and not a 100 meter sprint.

_AXL_

Alfrescian
Loyal
Congratulations to you and your wife on the birth of your son. Are you posting in between feeding times?

bingo!!! luckily i m in between jobs or else i would have died from exhaustion.

Do not feel apologetic for expressing your very clear understanding of the situation we have here. However, is this unrecoverable, even with the obstacles you have pointed out?

drawing from history (i like to do that), a chinese emperor is most popular when his citizens benefit from his benevolent rule. benevolent in the sense that he thinks of his peasant folk first, keeping a tight rein on his officials and be involved in the decision making.

first rule of governing: do not bite the hand that feeds. take care of the people who put u in power. stop the shameless wooing of the big corporations. we have the infrastructure already. if they dont come, dont need to bend over backwards. i dont know about u, i would rather have a caring ruler in a third world environment than be a prostitute in a first world country.

the key is to lower the cost of living. the national flat builder is making tons of money selling those pigeon holes!!! the national supermarket is following the market prices (and making tons of money) instead of lowering it to reasonable levels to weed out shameless profiteers!!! all in the name of promoting their house brands, which i m sure their profit margin is bloody higher!!! they r the biggest culprits!!! the bloody scholars who want to outdo one another by making the most $$$, using the dead bodies of peasants to push them higher up the political ladder!!! can change meh???

long term solution: build up pride of being a citizen. pro-people policies, reduce gst, reduce cost of living, reduce cost of healthcare and reduce the reliance of heartless FTrash.

short term: give out money for the people (ok, i wont use yr growth dividend and go call PRC chicken), reduce the cost of living by making the national supermarket non-profit, reduce cost of public transport, encourage companies to go local.

Can we draw a lesson from the last elections in Malaysia? Are there no other way out of this evil dynasty? Many of us are also nationalistic like you and love this country, too. I am optimistic (perhaps naively) of changes to come but as bro Latest-H has posted in another thread, change is a marathon race and not a 100 meter sprint

i have said before in this forum that this country does not have a shadow govt. nobody else knows how to run this country. but then i love this country so much that i will rather have a totally inexperienced but pro-people govt rather than the efficient but heartless one that we r having now!!! just like thaksin... they say he is corrupt, embezzles govt $$$, but hell, he takes care of his people (well, except for the rich)!!! he to me, is good.

change i know is a marathon race. but without the impartiality of the nation's papers, not enough will know that a marathon race is on.:(

msia tells us that a country with 2 political parties on equal footing will force the ruling party to wake up their bloody idea. i have always been the 33%. hoping for 15% more to join me. so, all i want for xmas is 15 in-yr-face opposition MPs. :biggrin:

snrcitizen

Alfrescian
Loyal
bingo!!! luckily i m in between jobs or else i would have died from exhaustion.

Hahaaa! Take advice from an old horse, now with kids grown up as working adults. It is worth all the grief and sufferings in bringing them up. I assume this is your first child. Do have more. You will not regret in the years to come.

drawing from history (i like to do that), a chinese emperor is most popular when his citizens benefit from his benevolent rule. benevolent in the sense that he thinks of his peasant folk first, keeping a tight rein on his officials and be involved in the decision making.

first rule of governing: do not bite the hand that feeds. take care of the people who put u in power. stop the shameless wooing of the big corporations. we have the infrastructure already. if they dont come, dont need to bend over backwards. i dont know about u, i would rather have a caring ruler in a third world environment than be a prostitute in a first world country.

Could not have put it better myself.

the key is to lower the cost of living. the national flat builder is making tons of money selling those pigeon holes!!! the national supermarket is following the market prices (and making tons of money) instead of lowering it to reasonable levels to weed out shameless profiteers!!! all in the name of promoting their house brands, which i m sure their profit margin is bloody higher!!! they r the biggest culprits!!! the bloody scholars who want to outdo one another by making the most $$$, using the dead bodies of peasants to push them higher up the political ladder!!! can change meh???

This attitude cascades down from the leadership. Either the leadership changes their attitude or change the leadership. For the latter to happen, we must find ways to circumvent the difficulties. As you have said, quoting from history, a bad dynasty will fall.

long term solution: build up pride of being a citizen. pro-people policies, reduce gst, reduce cost of living, reduce cost of healthcare and reduce the reliance of heartless FTrash.

short term: give out money for the people (ok, i wont use yr growth dividend and go call PRC chicken), reduce the cost of living by making the national supermarket non-profit, reduce cost of public transport, encourage companies to go local.

All these are ideals which can only happen if the current leadership is changed. If the leadership is not changed, then having 30, or 40 percent opposition in the parliament makes no difference because the majority which is still PAP will, as has been done before, use unconstitutional means to remove the opposition.

i have said before in this forum that this country does not have a shadow govt. nobody else knows how to run this country. but then i love this country so much that i will rather have a totally inexperienced but pro-people govt rather than the efficient but heartless one that we r having now!!! just like thaksin... they say he is corrupt, embezzles govt $$$, but hell, he takes care of his people (well, except for the rich)!!! he to me, is good.

I do agree with you on preferring to have a totally inexperienced but pro-people govt. After all how did the PAP start off with immediately gaining independance? They were not a ready made-to-order bunch of guys waiting in the wings to start a govt of our own.

It is no use trying to change the attitude of this current regime. If they had right attitude and wanted to, they would have done it a long time ago. Instead what we are seeing are more and more policies working against the people.

change i know is a marathon race. but without the impartiality of the nation's papers, not enough will know that a marathon race is on.:(

msia tells us that a country with 2 political parties on equal footing will force the ruling party to wake up their bloody idea. i have always been the 33%. hoping for 15% more to join me. so, all i want for xmas is 15 in-yr-face opposition MPs. :biggrin:

Malaysia too, did not have impartial national papers, but the change in people's minds of the incumbent govt was brought about through the cyberworld and most important, they had a person who rallied and forged the alternative views through. We have the internet. All we need is someone to rally us to unite against the evil.

I was pro-PAP in the early days of independance but I changed my mind many years ago when I saw the shift in the PAP from being people centered to being self-serving. The least we can do for ourselves at this point is to engage with people around us who are not convinced that we owe it to ourselves and our future generations to ensure that the sun sets for this evil dynasty.

_AXL_

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hahaaa! Take advice from an old horse, now with kids grown up as working adults. It is worth all the grief and sufferings in bringing them up. I assume this is your first child. Do have more. You will not regret in the years to come.

oh yes!!! but not for any pitiful monetary gains the gahmen is giving out. wifey and i have already decided to have more...:biggrin: thanks very much for yr best wishes and advice.

This attitude cascades down from the leadership. Either the leadership changes their attitude or change the leadership. For the latter to happen, we must find ways to circumvent the difficulties. As you have said, quoting from history, a bad dynasty will fall.

yes, attitude reflects leadership.

All these are ideals which can only happen if the current leadership is changed. If the leadership is not changed, then having 30, or 40 percent opposition in the parliament makes no difference because the majority which is still PAP will, as has been done before, use unconstitutional means to remove the opposition.

change has to come slowly mah... cannot just pull them down right away. the majority of the peasants will need time to get used to not having the "lightning" blanket. i would wish for a 51% "mandate" for those jokers in the next election and give them a chance to see whether they will wake up their bloody idea!!! else, out they go.

one thing i cannot stand is that they bloody hide in their bukit timah castles and not know the situation on the ground!!! i dont think my heart can take another "mee siam mai hum". it may seem funny to most, but it breaks my heart...

I do agree with you on preferring to have a totally inexperienced but pro-people govt. After all how did the PAP start off with immediately gaining independance? They were not a ready made-to-order bunch of guys waiting in the wings to start a govt of our own.

yup, u r right!!!

It is no use trying to change the attitude of this current regime. If they had right attitude and wanted to, they would have done it a long time ago. Instead what we are seeing are more and more policies working against the people.

so, dont give them chance anymore??? maybe, they just need a wake-up call??? no??? maybe they just dont know how much harm they have done to we peasants cos they r so high up in their bloody ivory towers???

Malaysia too, did not have impartial national papers, but the change in people's minds of the incumbent govt was brought about through the cyberworld and most important, they had a person who rallied and forged the alternative views through. We have the internet. All we need is someone to rally us to unite against the evil.

but not that bad lah... they did report on the najib connection to the murder of the mongolian woman right??? but i m not convinced on this tan kin lian... he smells like a mole.

I was pro-PAP in the early days of independance but I changed my mind many years ago when I saw the shift in the PAP from being people centered to being self-serving. The least we can do for ourselves at this point is to engage with people around us who are not convinced that we owe it to ourselves and our future generations to ensure that the sun sets for this evil dynasty.

yes, for our future generation. we dont want our children and grandchildren blaming us for bringing them to this world to be slaves.