• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Petai..a forgotten dish ?..

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Was prompted to post this upon finishing my dinner earLier at my friend's pLace.Seems Like not much
of pubLicity have been given to this unassuming dish on many foodies' bLogs:

petai.jpg

It's a heavenLy dish itseLf going aLong with steamed rice..shiok ! :wink:

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Malaisians love this dish. My wife is a Malaysian and she loves it. Fried with balacan and ikan bilis. Shiok!

roadrunner

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seems Like not much of pubLicity have been given to this unassuming dish on many foodies' bLogs: It's a heavenLy dish itseLf going aLong with steamed rice..shiok ! :wink:

Hmm don't know what happen, i can't see your pic but if i copy & paste to a new browser window i can see it, looks yummy! Petai & Bitter gouard dishes not many young kids eat these days, only old timers like us makan. :biggrin: anyone likes those bitter Indonesian emping keropok? goes very well with a big mug of Tiger!

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Was prompted to post this upon finishing my dinner earLier at my friend's pLace.Seems Like not much

Depends on the cook. Undercooked will be damn lousy to eat. Must be well fried in hot oil.

I never take the risk in ordering this dish.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Love it as well. Easier to find along the East Coast of Malaysia where most Nasi Melyau stalls sell it. Supposed to be good for the kidneys.

Love Petai since young, it is also good for diabetes. The best way to cook a petai is to fry it with pure oil for 1 minutes, take it out, pat dry and put it back to the dish 1 - 2 minutes before the dish are cook, it will give the crunchiness of the petai, cannot cook too long.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Love Petai since young, it is also good for diabetes. The best way to cook a petai is to fry it with pure oil for 1 minutes, take it out, pat dry and put it back to the dish 1 - 2 minutes before the dish are cook, it will give the crunchiness of the petai, cannot cook too long.

The oil must be HOT.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was introduced to it by an old timer who also told me it is difficult to cook and not to try it at home. So wallop it when I go to East coast of Malaysia. It has a unique taste.

Do you know where I can buy it in Singapore?

Hanace

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can buy petai at wet markets or supermarkets. Very nice and tasty if well cooked spicy with sambal chilli. It cleanse the bladder but be warned, your urine may be a bit strong smelling and offensive to others, if not yourself.

Last edited:

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
after that pee and fart very smelly one.

Once I had the dish that afternoon and was shagging my girl at night and farted. i almost fainted from my own fart and my girl? She also puked.

Do try it bro..abeit nutty, but fuLL of nutrients.:wink:

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I was introduced to it by an old timer who also told me it is difficult to cook and not to try it at home. So wallop it when I go to East coast of Malaysia. It has a unique taste.

Do you know where I can buy it in Singapore?
Its very common nowadays, ntuc or cold storage sometimes available, Geylang Serai sure have, Golden Mile also.
But you need to split the beans with knife to make sure there are no worms inside......

gotnojob

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Its ok for me but I'm not too hot on this . I find it a little bitter this petai.

petai.jpg