• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Petai..a forgotten dish ?..

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Petai help to clean toxin in our internal organ system,
if you eat it for the first time, next day you pansai you'll
run out off the toilet you can't stand your own shit! You have
been keeping those Toxin your in body for too long, Petai help
to clear them out!!

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hmm don't know what happen, i can't see your pic but if i copy & paste to a new browser window i can see it, looks yummy! Petai & Bitter gouard dishes not many young kids eat these days, only old timers like us makan. :biggrin: anyone likes those bitter Indonesian emping keropok? goes very well with a big mug of Tiger!

Datok, total agree.

When Siti goes back to Medan, I always ask her to buy back the keropok when she returns. Best with heineken binya.:smile:

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You can buy petai at wet markets or supermarkets. Very nice and tasty if well cooked spicy with sambal chilli. It cleanse the bladder but be warned, your urine may be a bit strong smelling and offensive to others, if not yourself.
This is as fresh as one can ever get:

petai2.jpg

Took this pot shot of machik petai vendor at a pit stop on the way to Taman Negara.
:wink:

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Hmm don't know what happen, i can't see your pic but if i copy & paste to a new browser window i can see it, looks yummy! Petai & Bitter gouard dishes not many young kids eat these days, only old timers like us makan. :biggrin: anyone likes those bitter Indonesian emping keropok? goes very well with a big mug of Tiger!
Bro is your so caLLed emping keropok, as what many of us caLL the keropok berinjau ?..those smaLL & bitterish
ones ?..saya banyak suka to have it with coLd beer ! :wink:
Once a week, on Sudays there wouLd aLway be this young man from Batam come knocking at my door offering aLL
assortments of keropok in his huge canvas bag.He's my main suppLier @ $3 per pack, fresh & crispy..:biggrin:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks.

What about cooked one, any stalls out there know for this.

Its very common nowadays, ntuc or cold storage sometimes available, Geylang Serai sure have, Golden Mile also.
But you need to split the beans with knife to make sure there are no worms inside......

roadrunner

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro is your so caLLed emping keropok, as what many of us caLL the keropok berinjau ?..those smaLL & bitterish
ones ?..saya banyak suka to have it with coLd beer ! :wink: Once a week, on Sudays there wouLd aLway be this young man from Batam come knocking at my door offering aLL assortments of keropok in his huge canvas bag.He's my main suppLier @ $3 per pack, fresh & crispy..:biggrin:

Yes they are the same ones, my family gets them & the udang ones made with real prawns & not some pitiful fake prawn crackers with no prawns in it! Normally Chinese new year we order a lot & spend 1/2 day frying them for everyone, i think even your cat will be queueing outside! :biggrin:

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yes they are the same ones, my family gets them & the udang ones made with real prawns & not some pitiful fake prawn crackers with no prawns in it! Normally Chinese new year we order a lot & spend 1/2 day frying them for everyone, i think even your cat will be queueing outside! :biggrin:
Bro, my preference is the fish than the udang ones..esp those of ikan tamban.:wink:
Too bad my cat is too oLd to taste them, perhaps got to fix her a set of dentures 1st..:biggrin:

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Thanks.

What about cooked one, any stalls out there know for this.

Bro, you may want to try this kedai Warong something..Located aLong North Bridge Road/ALiwaL Street, No.790.
That's where you get to taste reaL authentic Indo dishes.Remember to be there earLy, by 10am+ probabLy most
foods are soLd out..:wink:
..where many drivers start to Q and pack for their bosses each morning.:eek:

droopal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very interesting and educational thread.
Thanks Bros for the info.
Hope to read more on this type of subject.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks bro, will give it a go.

Bro, you may want to try this kedai Warong something..Located aLong North Bridge Road/ALiwaL Street, No.790.
That's where you get to taste reaL authentic Indo dishes.Remember to be there earLy, by 10am+ probabLy most
foods are soLd out..:wink:
..where many drivers start to Q and pack for their bosses each morning.:eek:

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
4570841235_8ecc35269b_o.jpg

Sambal Petai with Tempeh and Ikan Bilis...this is heavenly. more sambal better! more chilli better...but the urine smell is quite repulsive!

Last edited:

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
KopiuncLe, i Love it ..but everytime i have this sinfuL dish, my Gout returns..:(

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
KopiuncLe, i Love it ..but everytime i have this sinfuL dish, my Gout returns..:(

you are spot on!!! tempeh very jialat!!! better take care bro...no alcohol absolutely!!!...one glass of beer , you will not be able to walk home...damned painful.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This Petai good for the kidney?

The health benefits still there even though its already cooked in sambal dishes or do I eat the Petai raw?

Can Petai expert Bros here kindly advise me..