• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Penalty for acquiring another passport

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am so happy you brought this up, sorry to make you look so bad:

Australia Property taxes: Stamp duty 4-6% of House Price (500,000 house = A$30,000 (OUCH!), 800,000 house = A$48,000(OUCH OUCH)) ------ USA NO STAMP DUTY

Australia council rates : CIV 500K house = A$1500 per year (OUCH!) ------- USA NO COUNCIL RATES

----Australia also much higher electricity and water charges than USA (MORE OUCH!)------

USA 650,000 House in San Francisco, CA property tax = US$ 5000 per year and fully tax deductable off income tax -----NOT IN AUSTRALIA

http://www.sanmateocountytaxcollector.org/SMCWPS/pages/secureSearch.jsp

USA mortagage Interest tax deduction for primary house 1098 ----CANNOT IN AUSTRALIA (EVEN MORE OUCH OUCH!!!)

USA HOUSE COST = 1/3 of AUSTRALIA HOUSE COST

tsk tsk tsk

up to your old tricks again.

You wrote about CA, but Rodney Brown is not a happy man.

And about FL? You forgot the Fed taxes, etc.

How about the norms for other states ........... Fed, State, City and Local taxes. OUCH!

Don't show me an inventory house.

Just as well. The maintenance of that house ........ not for the average American Joe.

I thought I write because it's 4 Jul, but looks like there is still a lot of hot air left in the windbag.

Don't bother to reply. Until you get your facts right, OK. I will just pretend that you are in the US.

Last edited:

livingstone

Alfrescian
Loyal
tsk tsk tsk

up to your old tricks ag...

I don't know if you should continue argue with him... he's just a nutty guy...

He showed you a property in Bellaire, TX... well, probably one of the major cities with the cheapest housing in the United States. But what he didn't show you are the houses that are equivalent to those in Melbourne etc.... cities with a lot of immigrants in the United States.

Honestly, I think he hasn't lived in many places in the United States to understand enough about America... maybe, he isn't living in the United States afterall....

Maybe I can shed some lights on this.... he clearly indicated that anyone supporting a Republican or Libertarian is a nut... of course, he just showed you a house that is located in a Republican stronghold... Texas. Kindda like slapping himself on his own face.

I won't spent time arguing with someone who doesn't know what he's talking about.

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal
tsk tsk tsk

up to your old tricks again.

You wrote about CA, but Rodney Brown is not a happy man.

And about FL? You forgot the Fed taxes, etc.

How about the norms for other states ........... Fed, State, City and Local taxes. OUCH!

Don't show me an inventory house.

Just as well. The maintenance of that house ........ not for the average American Joe.

I thought I write because it's 4 Jul, but looks like there is still a lot of hot air left in the windbag.

Don't bother to reply. Until you get your facts right, OK. I will just pretend that you are in the US.

Ah I see you have once again stepped in it, my boy.

Its the Australians who are in Florida. I guess Florida with its beaches and tropical breezes and houses on the water and so low cheap prices on cars, food, houses are attracting the Australians who cant believe the prices there. I am sure they feel like they have stepped into paradise. Florida must look alot like Australia with its climate, but its 1/3 the price! Imagine that.

Oh one more thing, there are no State income taxes in Florida.

Now how silly do you feel?

Last edited:

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal

He showed you a property in Bellaire, TX... well, probably one of the major cities with the cheapest housing in the United States. But what he didn't show you are the houses that are equivalent to those in Melbourne etc.... cities with a lot of immigrants in the United States.

Honestly, I think he hasn't lived in many places in the United States to understand enough about America... maybe, he isn't living in the United States afterall....

Maybe I can shed some lights on this.... he clearly indicated that anyone supporting a Republican or Libertarian is a nut... of course, he just showed you a house that is located in a Republican stronghold... Texas. Kindda like slapping himself on his own face.

I won't spent time arguing with someone who doesn't know what he's talking about.

And its been so much fun making fun of a spastic retard like you, Saudi Arabian moron.

Ahh life is just so grand. This fourth of July we purchased some fireworks as my state tolerates them, and watching so many families gathering to light off some M80s and Roman Candles, there is just nothing like it.

Nothing like it. Just like the 35 delegates allocated to your piece of crap Republican gun slinging Texan buddy Ron Paul who is happily sitting in his cheap Texan property happy he is not in Australia. McCain with his 2,500 delegates probably finds this all very amusing. I wonder how the texans feel about your views on property prices in Texas. Those in Austin will be devastated, but we are dealing with someone who is just a moron like you so its all academic.

Its a good thing I never showed you poor saps what a $800,000 dollar house looks like in Indianapolis, or hundreds of other cities. Then the Australians will be invading our shores like the Europeans buying everything up.

Oh well gotta go. Too much fun outside this beautiful 4th of July.

And its always nice making you look bad too.

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Axe168,

My thoughts.

So far, only Perth property prices are stagnant in Australia. Even then, it really depends on which suburbs you buy in.

If you buy in a lousy location, you need a miracle boom to lift the property price, if you buy in a good location, the price will always remain stable. there is always money to be made. Of course, the purchase price must be measured against what you can get in the rental market.

So far, in the past 30 years, Aus property is consistently increasing in price.

Now that US Fed is printing money like a mad banker and exporting inflation all over the world, the $1 is not worth $1 tomorrow. So, how do you store wealth - in property, oil and commodities.

Aussie Prick is just trying to fool you :biggrin:
20% price fall. That kind of news will sell newspapers.
Just like today's WA newspaper headlines. "House prices in the rise again" We have to read carefully, because it is not quite true for mainstream properties.

Haha.. if i trust AussiePrick's bullshit, I'll be dead by now.. heehee. I managed to get in just before the surge.. heng ah.. my area before the boom was transacted at an avg of $1500/m2. I got it for under 20% cheaper in the worst market ~ a poor dilapidated hse at 9km east with no major structural prob. My next phrase is be the Bob-the-Builder doing up the hse.. Even if i pump in another 100k it is way cheaper than the cheapest hse in the suburb. And I have enough rooms for a gym room or TV/Computer room... and a tranpoline for my son at the backyard... Yahhhooo !

I dunno if the economy is going northwards (or southwards), however, judging from the bottom market it makes sense to over invest :wink: I cant go wrong if I purchase the hse based on the land value :wink:

Well, lets see if they are right...

Melbourne leads housing recovery
Author: Peter Martin
Date: July 2, 2009
http://www.domain.com.au/Public/Art...dex&headline=Melbourne leads housing recovery

Last edited:

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha.. if i trust AussiePrick's bullshit, I'll be dead by now.. heehee. I managed to get in just before the surge.. heng ah.. my area before the boom was transacted at an avg of $1500/m2. I got it for under 20% cheaper in the worst market ~ a poor dilapidated hse at 9km east with no major structural prob. My next phrase is be the Bob-the-Builder doing up the hse.. Even if i pump in another 100k it is way cheaper than the cheapest hse in the suburb. And I have enough rooms for a gym room or TV/Computer room... and a tranpoline for my son at the backyard... Yahhhooo !

I dunno if the economy is going northwards (or southwards), however, judging from the bottom market it makes sense to over invest :wink: I cant go wrong if I purchase the hse based on the land value :wink:

http://www.domain.com.au/Public/Art...dex&headline=Melbourne leads housing recovery

Still more silence on your failed Brisbane property. You boasts are still on the old forum for all to see and admire. So come on, tell us, how much have you lost?

http://login.prospero.com/dir-login...://forums.delphiforums.com/sammyboymod/start/

Whats it like to have lost so much money?

AhSo1

Alfrescian
Loyal

Australia Property taxes: Stamp duty 4-6% of House Price (500,000 house = A$30,000 (OUCH!), 800,000 house = A$48,000(OUCH OUCH)) ------ USA NO STAMP DUTY

Australia council rates : CIV 500K house = A$1500 per year (OUCH!) ------- USA NO COUNCIL RATES

----Australia also much higher electricity and water charges than USA (MORE OUCH!)------

USA 650,000 House in San Francisco, CA property tax = US$ 5000 per year and fully tax deductable off income tax -----NOT IN AUSTRALIA

USA mortagage Interest tax deduction for primary house 1098 ----CANNOT IN AUSTRALIA (EVEN MORE OUCH OUCH!!!)

May I inquire are there any restrictions on foreign ownership of property in the United States?

I am curious about the American market.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I don't trust newspaper that much, esp if it comes from staff writers.

Australia economy is going downhill, we have been lucky so far. But we will do much better. At the rate China is destroying its arable land, soon, we have to feed its population with high quality Aussie produce. The alternative is the cheapo food from the African farmlands.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

He is talking about Florida now. Isn't that "Bush" land as well?

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't trust newspaper that much, esp if it comes from staff writers.

Australia economy is going downhill, we have been lucky so far. But we will do much better. At the rate China is destroying its arable land, soon, we have to feed its population with high quality Aussie produce. The alternative is the cheapo food from the African farmlands.

Ya right not to trust the newspaper.. but if you witnesssed it personnally ya be surprised ! I was in the Auction few weeks back, I prepared 100k surplus of the reserved price believing i will get the ppty in Mont Albert.. to my surprise.. it went for 240k above reserved price !! I lost again in a bid for a vacant land in Surrey Hills.

We have a serious shortage of housing.. development permit is almost impossible in Boroondara Council.. and influx of migrants have paid ridiculous value for the ppty.. Those rich have heaps of $$$ to burn.. Few reliable reports predicted the market to shoot up 16-20% in 2009/2010.. thereafter about 5-7%. It is all about gambling.. no absolute guarantee..

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal

My council rate in Mel is about $1.8k/p.a. and Brisbane is about 2.4k/pa. Annual growth in Australia for last ten yrs is about 10-12%.. We look really bad indeed.. :wink:

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'll let you know as soon as the plot is finalised for sale.. IMHO, min sale can fetch x.xx mil..

Oh yes we are all aware when you bought and the 20-30 percent fall since then.

Funny how you never mention Brisbane anymore, but we remember

Just like the cieling fan, we remember.

So keep up your fantasies, at lease it makes us laugh.

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal
My council rate in Mel is about $1.8k/p.a. and Brisbane is about 2.4k/pa. Annual growth in Australia for last ten yrs is about 10-12%.. We look really bad indeed.. :wink:

Ah yes, tax, tax tax tax tax, that is Australia for you

No mention of Water Rates? Land Tax?

Oh boy I am going to have some fun here.

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal
May I inquire are there any restrictions on foreign ownership of property in the United States?

I am curious about the American market.

Oh yes that is why Australians have joined the Brits and Europeans buying up all of Florida on the cheap

Over here we usually use Title Agents to handle the transaction instead of lawyers, although some people do use them but they cost more. Title agents are usually faster and much cheaper - they handle transfer of title and specialize in giving you a warranty deed to your property and insure it in case of any problems with title after you close. It varies from state to state but just search for title agent in any city and you will find hundreds. They can answer any questions you have.

Buying and selling is very easy, unlike in Australia where is very complicated and very expensive.

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ah yes, tax, tax tax tax tax, that is Australia for you

No mention of Water Rates? Land Tax?

Oh boy I am going to have some fun here.

I pay zero land tax for primary hse. In 90 days, i'll have to pay <$2k pa for another hse .. my neighbours hv siwmming pools.. hence, my water rate is nominal

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh yes we are all aware when you bought and the 20-30 percent fall since then.

Funny how you never mention Brisbane anymore, but we remember

Just like the cieling fan, we remember.

So keep up your fantasies, at lease it makes us laugh.

LOL.. the hse has shoot up 65%.. now about 10% down.. can you work out for me how much i gained/lost ? :wink:

I am suing someone for the lost of my chicken feathers in brisbane, there is a directional hearing next week.. if i win, i'll keep you informed.

Oh, FYI... no more ceiling fan liao I've installed aircon and ducting heating..
:wink:

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal
I pay zero land tax for primary hse. In 90 days, i'll have to pay <$2k pa for another hse .. my neighbours hv siwmming pools.. hence, my water rate is nominal

Yes only retards in Australia pay for water whether you use it or not.

You dingbats crack me up.

Water Rates would never happen here.

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal
LOL.. the hse has shoot up 65%.. now about 10% down.. can you work out for me how much i gained/lost ? :wink:

I am suing someone for the lost of my chicken feathers in brisbane, there is a directional hearing next week.. if i win, i'll keep you informed.

Oh, FYI... no more ceiling fan liao I've installed aircon and ducting heating..
:wink:

Yes I estimate you have lost approx A$ 200-300,000 looking at the date of your purchase and current market condition in Brisbane.

Only a moron like you would buy at the very peak.

Just look at the old forum, moron.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the current property tax rate in california is about 1.25% of sale value.

prop 13 caps the tax rate at 1% of assessed value, and allows an appreciation of around 2% per year of the tax rate. thus, after prop 13 was passed in the late 70s, the rate now stands at around 1.25%.

if you purchase a property in the bay area, say in san mateo county, in 1990 (after the 89 earthquake) for around usd300k, your property tax would be reasonably low. however, if you buy the same home today at around usd800k, the tax would be 1.25% of 800k, not 300k - a hefty jump.

many buyers calculate their monthly mortgage payments but forget the two payments per year on property tax. they can amount to tens of thousands in cash payment, depending on the last purchase. for example, many bought million dollar homes in the boom, and when values depreciated 20% to 30% in the burst of the bubble, they are left with the original property payments at peak values.

over the long term, however, investing in real estate in the bay area is a safe bet. there are peaks and valleys, but a 30-year trend indicates jagged saw tooth patterns going upwards. bay area still has the most innovative and enterprising people and companies in the world. there are always new startups and jobs, new breakthroughs and successful global enterprises sprouting from some garages and home crucibles. the home and garage here are so well revered by techies that everyone with an eye for a brilliant future will want to have at least a single family home.

i only strike after bubbles burst. there are typically two events you wish to wait for - major earthquakes and a real estate meltdown. and they do happen almost predictably in ten year cycles. if the two were to happen simultaneously or one immediately after the other, strike and seize the opportunity a year or two after the confusion.

so far, i have done well. :biggrin: