• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious PCF Alumni Bro Lawrence Wants Samsters Feedback To Design 'Forward Singapore' Roadmap For Sinkies And PAP!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
1651384797327.png

SINGAPORE - The ruling party's next generation of leaders will soon draw up a road map for Singapore for the next decade and beyond, said Finance Minister Lawrence Wong, the team's chosen leader, on Sunday (May 1).

The team will engage stakeholders from different fields - unions and the people and private sector - to hear thoughts on the economy, healthcare, housing, education and other areas, said Mr Wong.

He was speaking to unionists at the May Day Rally held at Downtown East. There were about 900 in the audience and another 1,000 attending online.

"The 4G team and I will lead an exercise to refresh our social compact... We will consider what we need to do differently, but also affirm what is being done well, and how we can do it even better," he said.

Mr Wong was announced as the leader of the People's Action Party's (PAP) fourth-generation (4G) team on April 14, paving the way for him to be Singapore's next prime minister.

On Sunday, he said that the exercise would not be just about what the Government can do for the people, but also, as Singapore has learnt during the pandemic, what everyone can do for one another.

And how we can all, collectively, contribute towards building a better society that embodies the values we stand for," said Mr Wong.

"In short, we aim to develop a 'Forward Singapore' agenda, which will set out the road map for the next decade and beyond," he added.

This road map will be a major undertaking of the 4G team and will be formally launched soon, he noted.

Mr Wong said he announced these plans on Sunday to seek the labour movement's full participation and support for the exercise, noting that the movement and tripartism have been the bedrock of Singapore's success over the decades.

He noted that there is no ready blueprint for Singapore's future, but he would like to see a fairer, greener and more inclusive Singapore - also the key themes of his maiden Budget that he delivered in February.

Mr Wong said: "A home where everyone is accepted and valued, and treated equally and with respect, no matter their background or station in life. A home where everyone can live with dignity, and flourish in their own way and at their own pace, regardless of their starting points.

"Now going from this ideal to reality will require more than my personal hopes; it's about what we can and must do as a people together."

During his speech, he also noted the importance of tripartism and Singapore's distinctive model of it - where unions partner the Government and employers, and the tripartite partners became co-drivers of the country's development.

He said: "We may have differing interests from time to time, but we do not clash and grind against each other in a zero-sum game.

"Instead, we learn to accommodate, to give and take, and find common ground. And in the process, we build closer relationships with one another, we strengthen trust and we move forward together."

Mr Wong said that though many did not live through the founding years of tripartism, they are all direct beneficiaries of it.

"My own life story illustrates this," he said, adding that he grew up in an ordinary heartland family in Marine Parade, and that the slogan "every school is a good school" was not just a slogan for him, but also a real-life experience.

Mr Wong attended a PAP Community Foundation kindergarten, Haig Boys' Primary School, Tanjong Katong Secondary School and Victoria Junior College - all schools near his home.

"Our pioneers have enabled my generation and I to do better than our parents. Likewise, for me and my 4G team, we want to ensure the same for the next generation," he said.

While there are challenges and volatility ahead both globally and domestically, the experience of the last two years gives him confidence, said Mr Wong.

Despite lacking the resources of larger countries, Singapore has been able to adapt and adjust quickly amid the Covid-19 pandemic.
https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...ore-refresh-social-compact-says-lawrence-wong

mako65

Alfrescian
Loyal
Same old issues- ceca in our local job market, housing getting more expensive, how to beat inflation, energy crisis, healthcare(mitigate new variants)..loads of shit actually!

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
These technocrats always love to project far into the future, because they assume it's their divine mandate to rule forever. :rolleyes:

You don't even know what will happen next month, assholes. :roflmao:

Dns2ZIUV4AAm6D9.jpg