• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Passing of Mr Lee Kuan Yew

Which world leader will NOT make it for the funeral

• Obama

Votes: 13 59.1%
  • Cameron

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Putin

Votes: 13 59.1%
  • Abbott

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Merkel

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Xi

Votes: 10 45.5%

• Total voters

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
With all respect to LKY and the sinkies queuing up lets see numbers in perspective.. About 30k viewed on Wed. So 4 days = 120k approx. McDonalds free burger attracts 100k + (lots go away disappointed, so the actual no. is higher). We dont see such long lines because it is spread over multiple outlets. In other words, LKY is about 1 1/4 burger worth? Saying this cos I expected about 30% of citizen population to show up which should be more than 1mil. Where are the rest?

That's like saying if u have a bigger head than Lky it means u are smarter than him. Don't be a gong cheebye pls

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: I think go beside the coffin is more genuine and authentic

all i want to say is do not trust japanese, they may appear to be polite, that is only the upfront, it's in their culture, that's all. fake and hypocrites, that is how i describe them.

so far abbott and obama coming but not japan's abe, he is so busy meh...

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pinky's billionaire friend will be in town to pay respects to LKY

According to a little bird from the West, Thaksin Shinawatra will be flying in on 28 March and stay for two days to pay respects to LKY, among other things.

Among other things, he plans to move some of his funds out of Sinkieland for projects in the region.

As you all know, Thaksin is very much hated and despised by the Bangkok elite and the middle class. The latter don't like Pinky and his husband Ho Jinx for that reason.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Pinky's billionaire friend will be in town to pay respects to LKY

Hakka people like to stick together and assert their clan's dominance. :biggrin:

xpo2015

Alfrescian
Loyal

Blood is thicker than water!!

Cool!

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal

According to a little bird from the West, Thaksin Shinawatra will be flying in on 28 March and stay for two days to pay respects to LKY, among other things.

Among other things, he plans to move some of his funds out of Sinkieland for projects in the region.

As you all know, Thaksin is very much hated and despised by the Bangkok elite and the middle class. The latter don't like Pinky and his husband Ho Jinx for that reason.

I , once read that looters and plunderers love Singapore.. They feel safe and they can count their $10,000 Singapore notes and their gold bar holdings and bags of sparkling diamonds in the Freeport in Changi.. Guess, the big denomination $10,000 bills attract a lots of crooks to our shore.

My friend said this Hakka guy. Thug-sin does not come here to take Bak Kut Teh and Chilly crabs.. He came here to check stock...

What do u think..???

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

My little bird told me he here on Tuesday liao

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I , once read that looters and plunderers love Singapore.. They feel safe and they can count their $10,000 Singapore notes and their gold bar holdings and bags of sparkling diamonds in the Freeport in Changi.. Guess, the big denomination $10,000 bills attract a lots of crooks to our shore.

My friend said this Hakka guy. Thug-sin does not come here to take Bak Kut Teh and Chilly crabs.. He came here to check stock...

What do u think..???

Tomoyuki Yamashita, come once in while to check his gold holdings too, on a certain moon lit night, he will appear at a certain spot at MacRitchie Reservoir....presses a certain stone.....the entrance will open.....check stock. Now, he has company, his translator from old...comrade. ha ha ha

takashi

Alfrescian
Loyal
With all respect to LKY and the sinkies queuing up lets see numbers in perspective..

About 30k viewed on Wed. So 4 days = 120k approx.

Saying this cos I expected about 30% of citizen population to show up which should be more than 1mil. Where are the rest?
:eek: Is this a sign the PAP will lose control of the government after the next GE? :confused::wink::p
Live updates: Passing of Lee Kuan Yew, Day 5 - Channel NewsAsia

CABcommander

Alfrescian
Loyal
Congratulations to organizers of sg50. We can now add these to the Singapore book of records.

Longest wait to enter funeral wake.

Largest crowd at a funeral wake.

Largest crowd at the cremation day.

Largest continent of 孝男孝女.

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

come Sunday, do you think sinkies will be crying on the streets for LKY like how the N Koreans cried for Kim?

kim.jpg

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

why never held at the new indoor stadium?

DepecheMode

Alfrescian
Loyal

Singapore restricts access to Lee's public wake over safety fears

AFP
March 28, 2015, 4:02 am

98d37ad8af487f087e78af6472b388495fa48f2f-1aha076.jpg

Singapore (AFP) - The Singapore government late Friday ordered mourners to stay off a congested field near parliament for safety reasons as tens of thousands paid their last respects to former prime minister Lee Kuan Yew.

Outnumbered police officers were turning away mourners at the City Hall metro station next to the Padang, an open field where the mourners were queueing to enter the legislature.

"The Padang queue is closed for public safety. Please go back home," a police officer said using a loudhailer.

A government statement said that as of 11 pm, more than 290,000 people had paid their respects to Lee since his casket was brought to parliament's main lobby on Wednesday after a private family wake.

The city-state has a population of 5.5 million but only 3.34 million are citizens. The rest are guest workers, expatriates and their families.

Thousands more were massed in long, snaking lines, packed like cattle at some points, despite waiting times of up to 10 hours.

The statement said that although the government would like to accommodate more people, they were "temporarily" suspending the queue for the safety and well-being of those in line.

"We will inform the public when the queue is open again," it said, urging people to pay homage at 18 locations around the island.

Until the suspension, the queue ran for 24 hours following an overwhelming show of sympathy for the revered patriarch who transformed Singapore from a British colonial outpost into one of Asia's wealthiest societies in just 30 years.

The 91-year-old Asian elder statesman died on Monday after a long illness.

"Yes, I am disappointed. We made plans to come on Friday night because we are all working," said sales executive Shawna Tseng, 27.

"We won't be turning back. We will wait until they repoen the line," she told AFP after unsuccessfully trying to negotiate entry with a stern police commando, who curtly replied "my advice to you is to go home now".

The city-state, famous for its clockwork handling of major events like the night-time Singapore Grand Prix, seemed unprepared for the scale of the outpouring of grief.

- Lee's son 'deeply moved' -

To speed up the movement, mourners were given only a few seconds to file past the former leader's brown wooden casket draped with the red-and-white Singapore flag.

"I am deeply moved by the overwhelming response of people wanting to visit my father's Lying in State at Parliament House," Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong said on Facebook.

He announced that a live video feed of the flow of mourners viewing the casket inside the parliament's lobby had been put up on YouTube.

Lee has been lying in state since Wednesday and the public was supposed to have until 8 pm (1200 GMT) on Saturday to pay their respects.

"The government can advise us not to queue all they want, and I understand this puts a strain on resources like volunteers and space, but that's not going to stop us from coming down," mourner Pek Tee Ann, 51, told AFP earlier Friday.

The turnout is massive by Singapore standards but the crowd was disciplined and morale appeared to be high.

The mourners included the elderly in wheelchairs and mothers with babies or toddlers in tow.

Among Friday's visitors were Israeli President Reuven Rivlin, whose country helped train Singapore's army in the early years after independence from Malaysia in 1965.

Former Indonesian presidents Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono and Megawati Sukarnoputri also paid their respects Friday. Yudhoyono, a former army general, saluted in front of Lee's coffin before making a slight bow.

Tents have been set up to shield mourners from the scorching tropical sun while volunteers hand out bottled water and sugared drinks, with portable toilets available nearby.

An express lane is reserved for the elderly, disabled and pregnant while foreign dignitaries enter via a VIP entrance.

Minister for National Development Khaw Boon Wan, chairman of the ruling People's Action Party (PAP), told activists late Thursday that the outpouring of emotion had "exceeded our expectations," the Straits Times reported.

Lee is to be given full state honours before being cremated Sunday, including a 21-gun salute and a flypast by fighter jets.

Former US President Bill Clinton, South Korean President Park Geun-Hye, Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott, Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Indonesian President Joko Widodo and Malaysian King Sultan Abdul Halim Mu'adzam Shah are among the confirmed state representatives attending the funeral.

DepecheMode

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: PAP Minister’s tribute to Mr Lee Kuan Yew draws flak online

Singapore reopens queue for Lee Kuan Yew mourners

AFP
March 28, 2015, 10:48 am

a2f5fed697516f80748d13f08349be622b7132aa-1ahbrgk.jpg

Singapore (AFP) - The Singapore government Saturday reopened a massive queue for mourners to pay their last respects to founding prime minister Lee Kuan Yew after a temporary suspension for safety reasons.

A surge of mourners late Friday forced overwhelmed officials to cut off access to the Padang, an open field close to parliament, where Lee's remains have been lying in state since Wednesday.

The queue was reopened after seven hours.

An earlier government statement said that as of 11:00 pm Friday, more than 290,000 people had paid their respects to Lee, who led Singapore to independence from Malaysia in 1965.

Lee, who died at 91 on Monday after a long illness, is credited with the rise of the former British colony into one of the world's wealthiest societies after he served as prime minister for 31 years, followed by another 20 years as cabinet adviser.

Until the suspension, the queue ran for 24 hours amid a widespread show of grief over the passing of the patriarch who governed Singapore with an iron fist, sidelining political opponents, muzzling the media and restricting political freedoms as he steered the economy to prosperity.

Lee is to be given full state honours before being cremated Sunday, including a 21-gun salute and a flypast by fighter jets.

Former US President Bill Clinton, South Korean President Park Geun-Hye, Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott, Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Indonesian President Joko Widodo and Malaysian King Sultan Abdul Halim Mu'adzam Shah are among the confirmed state representatives attending the funeral.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Congratulations to organizers of sg50. We can now add these to the Singapore book of records.

Longest wait to enter funeral wake.

Largest crowd at a funeral wake.

Largest crowd at the cremation day.

Largest continent of 孝男孝女.

When you consider the number employed by the gov't & the GLCs. They & their families better show up or no bonuses or jobs.