• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAP's tea party to be revamped?

cunnilaubu

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
There used to be a guy Ng Pok Too, who was roped in becos he had Ministerial material, but he could not relate to the masses. There was one event where he delivered a speech only Harvard elites could understand, and the audience were uncles and aunties from the NTUC. After 1 term, he was dropped.

Ng Pock too was not dropped. He lost to Cheo Chai Chen of SDP in 1991 by 168 votes in GE1991.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I suspect they will trawl both the PAP and those working in the social and charitable sectors.

I am sure this would be come as quite disheartening to those who were in the reserve lot during the last GE.

Two aims - one to show that they are with the people and start removing the elite tag and second to get genuine rapport with the man on the street.

The question is, who want to associate with this badly tainted image of PAP? Dr Asshole family was warning him against joining PAP. Look what happen to him? Kena left, right and center from Singaporeans.

Secondly, it will be challenging for PAP now after Palmer Gate incident. Nobody in PAP support group will be trusted with clean background or risk having frequent bi-election.

Last but not least, the white paper is a great boot in PAP ass. I doubt 3 years are enough for them to regain confident from the people whoever PAP tried to field. Than, whoever tried to be part of PAP team will get more than just bashing from Singaporeans. The stake for joining an uncredible party is too high. Not worth going for tea party and than lost all the freedom and soul thereafter.

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
PAP should field a down to earth housewife who can speak the various dialects. When she go up the stage to talk about the price increase of fish and chili padis, the crowd will go wild.

PAP lacks such people. I doubt none of the PAP MPs know how to even buy a fish from the fish market. Their maids are doing it for them.

that you are damm right, about the fish part

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am sure there are still people ever ready to ingratiate themselves but do agree if you mean quality candidates.

Agree on the white paper. One big political disaster and what their own MP told the Chinese press is even more damaging.

I am however eager to see which dovey eyed genuine Singapore heartlander who is not connected that they can find for 2016.

The question is, who want to associate with this badly tainted image of PAP? Dr Asshole family was warning him against joining PAP. Look what happen to him? Kena left, right and center from Singaporeans.

Last but not least, the white paper is a great boot in PAP ass. I doubt 3 years are enough for them to regain confident from the people whoever PAP tried to field. Than, whoever tried to be part of PAP team will get more than just bashing from Singaporeans. The stake for joining an uncredible party is too high. Not worth going for tea party and than lost all the freedom and soul thereafter.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ng Pok Too is the original man from Mars. It will be interesting to see how his branch worked with him. It is also quite odd that the Govt cut him out completely and he did not get any safe landing in a GLC. He was originally picked to cover the shortcoming of Pang who lost to JBJ.

Ng Pock too was not dropped. He lost to Cheo Chai Chen of SDP in 1991 by 168 votes in GE1991.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal

Tks for the correction, bro.
My meaning ws that if he was any good, Old Man could have parachuted him in elsewhere in a safe ward. Mah was defeated by Chiam but next election he was moved until he got in. In that sense, Mah was not dropped for a second chance. I guess diff here is that Mah was bet on potential whereas Ng oredy proven dud.

cunnilaubu

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
After been booted out, Ng Pock Too served as Chairman of NTUC Income, CEO of SembCorp, Director of Jurong Engineering and US aerospace company, Sundstrand at a time when GIC holds a stake.

And lets not forget that he was the founding director of AIM and remain so until 2010, when the plan to trip up the oppo was hatched.

Hawkeye1819

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yes these losers are always rewarded one way or another.

After been booted out, Ng Pock Too served as Chairman of NTUC Income, CEO of SembCorp, Director of Jurong Engineering and US aerospace company, Sundstrand at a time when GIC holds a stake.

And lets not forget that he was the founding director of AIM and remain so until 2010, when the plan to trip up the oppo was hatched.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
All these appointments except for Sundstrand was before his defeat. After he lost his full-time job SembCorp which had joined before his defeat, he then found the job at Sunstrand. Even that did not last long. I understand that he is running his own consultancy. AIM was started before his defeat and a dormant company until recent activity which he has not been part of.

His defeat and subsequent event was hardly mentioned after the GE fever had died down unlike the MP who was also defeated in the same GE over the fishmonger incident.

I am surprised that GIC has a stake in SUndstrand as their remit does not allow any investment in any company that has manufacturing in country (concentration risk). They had a factory in Bedok.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
All these appointments except for Sundstrand was before his defeat. After he lost his full-time job SembCorp which had joined before his defeat, he then found the job at Sunstrand. Even that did not last long. I understand that he is running his own consultancy. AIM was started before his defeat and a dormant company until recent activity which he has not been part of.

His defeat and subsequent event was hardly mentioned after the GE fever had died down unlike the MP who was also defeated in the same GE over the fishmonger incident.

I am surprised that GIC has a stake in SUndstrand as their remit does not allow any investment in any company that has manufacturing in country (concentration risk). They had a factory in Bedok.

This AIM is fast becoming a 'dead moose on the table'...the stench is becoming unbearable and impossible to ignore. Theres conflict of interest, it seems like a dumping ground for failed PAP politicians and worse there may also be some internal controls broken at the GIC level to accomodate this....etc. With all this smoke, got to be a fire in there!

Last edited:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
EW Barker used to go the Holland Village wet market and buy stuff. The guy is from Cambridge, cabinet minister and still can reach out. The first generation was so different.

Barker was a forgiving man. Did not take action by notifying OC SB when his SOs peeped at his daughter taking her shower. He just made it known for the offenders to be replaced. When at the Turf Club, he mixed well with everyone. Took great care of our Samad Allapitchay.

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tks for the correction, bro.
My meaning ws that if he was any good, Old Man could have parachuted him in elsewhere in a safe ward. Mah was defeated by Chiam but next election he was moved until he got in. In that sense, Mah was not dropped for a second chance. I guess diff here is that Mah was bet on potential whereas Ng oredy proven dud.

The rule seems to be that if you're a first time PAP MP losing an election you're not expected to win (Mah Bow Tan, Sitoh Yih Pin, Desmond Choo, Koh Poh Choon, Eric Low) you'll be asked to return. If you're an incumbent MP who loses his seat (Seet Ai Mee, Ng Pock Too, Howe Yoon Chong, George Yeo and company) that's it for you. Even if you are George Yeo.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Looks like we might see a change in the usual make-up of candidates offered by the PAP in 2016.

It is expected to include the usual scholars, academics, labour leaders, etc, and one of two "Lilians". The remit is not to taint them with NTUC, SPH or any GLC links. Also not married to prominent people such PPS, superscale etc. Also not working in the past or present for a spouse of a minister, MP as in the Hri Kumar / Kate Spade episode. The only thing not clear is would they want to take anyone from its general and YPAP membership.

I doubt they will find anyone. Those who want to be tainted as a PAP man/woman would have done so long ago.

The remaining ones are not PAP-type enough to be considered. :biggrin:

Eg MP want to take bus to Meet The People session, the staff will be shocked. I have reserved 2 carpark spaces for you.

The peers drive nice big cars, MP driving his "Not For Hire" taxi to PAP conference.

Last edited:

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I doubt they will find anyone. Those who want to be tainted as a PAP man/woman would have done so long ago.

The remaining ones are not PAP-type enough to be considered. :biggrin:

Eg MP want to take bus to Meet The People session, the staff will be shocked. I have reserved 2 carpark spaces for you.

The peers drive nice big cars, MP driving his "Not For Hire" taxi to PAP conference.

They will find nothing. You need to remove the Lee family first. The rest will collapse. Do not worry, all the power lobbyists will still come and court the new government. Business is business. Everyone is expendable.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks like we might see a change in the usual make-up of candidates offered by the PAP in 2016.

It is expected to include the usual scholars, academics, labour leaders, etc, and one of two "Lilians". The remit is not to taint them with NTUC, SPH or any GLC links. Also not married to prominent people such PPS, superscale etc. Also not working in the past or present for a spouse of a minister, MP as in the Hri Kumar / Kate Spade episode. The only thing not clear is would they want to take anyone from its general and YPAP membership.

I suspect they will trawl both the PAP and those working in the social and charitable sectors.

I am sure this would be come as quite disheartening to those who were in the reserve lot during the last GE.

Two aims - one to show that they are with the people and start removing the elite tag and second to get genuine rapport with the man on the street.

Whih SAF boys will be in the list? I can't tell