• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAP's new bogey man - Online comments

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Latest threat to Total Defence: Online rumours and smears

The New Paper
Monday, Aug 05, 2013

SINGAPORE - Distorted or false information, rumours and smears that surface on the Internet.

These make up the latest threat to Singapore's Total Defence efforts
, Defence Minister Ng Eng Hen warned on Friday.

The Straits Times Online reported Dr Ng as saying that those who intend Singapore harm would spread these "to weaken our resolve and cause disunity".

He added that online misinformation could spread widely during tense or volatile situations, and cause confusion and chaos.

"At worst, such (misinformation) could divide us and thwart our collective efforts to deal with the problem at hand," he said.

Dr Ng also said that the way Singaporeans helped each other during the 2003 Sars crisis and the recent haze episode gives people assurance that Singapore's Total Defence efforts are working.

He was speaking at this year's Total Defence Symposium at the Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore hotel, where he presented awards to more than 500 organisations for their contributions to Total Defence.

In an earlier forum with employers, Senior Minister of State (Defence) Chan Chun Sing said that the Ministry of Defence would consider helping companies with Central Provident Fund contributions for their employees during their in-camp training.

In an earlier forum with employers, Minister of State (Defence) Chan Chun Sing said that Mindef would consider helping them with CPF contributions for their employees during their in-camp training periods.

"But we must be careful never to monetise the invaluable contributions by our NSmen and employers to Total Defence," he said.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why are we paying these idiots such big money for stupidity like this? Online critique become a threat to national security? PAP security is not equal to national security.

So, what will the PAP do? Guess, they will launch Operation Peppertail, slapping the ISA on all online critique of the regime.

CJPau

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is just to prep the populace for the next wave of prosecution against certain disagreeable elements online.

PrinceCharming

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why are we paying these idiots such big money for stupidity like this? Online critique become a threat to national security?

Exactly.

Tell Bargain Hen that in the US, there are thousands of criticisms expressed online and on TV talk shows against the US administration every day. Ditto in Western Europe. Do these governments at any point in time feel the criticisms jeopardize their national security? No, Nyet, Nein, Non.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Exactly.

Tell Bargain Hen that in the US, there are thousands of criticisms expressed online and on TV talk shows against the US administration every day. Ditto in Western Europe. Do these governments at any point in time feel the criticisms jeopardize their national security? No, Nyet, Nein, Non.

Same thing in PRC , HK & Macau...damn! it must be infested with terrorists...:rolleyes:

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Biggest threat to Singaporeans are no less than the PAP maggots cockroaches leeches sucking fucking screwing all of us day in day out, night and day, year after year stealing hundreds of our billions into stinkapore sovereign funds and their fucking obscene pay

VOTE THOSE PAP MAGGOTS COCKROACHES ALL OUT IN 2016

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is just to prep the populace for the next wave of prosecution against certain disagreeable elements online.

"duh." as though this news is groundbreaking. usual "i was told" and "i told you so" bs. :rolleyes:

you have the eatshitndie's prestigious "wasted bandwidth" award. :biggrin:

Last edited:

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
Exactly.

................SPOT ON..............This is beco our govt cannot take criticisms, whether it is constructive or otherwise.....

jw5

Loyal
"duh." as though this news is groundbreaking. usual "i was told" and "i told you so" bs. :rolleyes:

you have the eatshitndie's prestigious "wasted bandwidth" award. :biggrin:

hehehehehehe...................... LOL LOL LOL.................................................

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I never really gave a fuck to Total Defence since I was a kid. Sure, there's the mandatory NS and excursions, talks and free TD stickers but I never cared for it. I saw early on it as a propagandist's crock of shit.

[video=youtube;-pd_wNjZKGc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pd_wNjZKGc[/video]