• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Pappy old dog pushing for 10m population

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not true, lah. There is no level playing field for the locals in the job market. Why are local PMETs driven to work as taxi drivers, salesmen and even in professions that do not befit their qualifications?

Foreign employers employed staff of their own kind and skin. Look at Mustafa. How many Chinese cashiers working in that establishment? Why the Chennai Business Park became infested with ah nehs?

Locals and imported sinkies are 2 different species. Holding the pink IC does not make an imported sinkie a good and loyal sinaporan if he has no loyalty to the country. An imported sinkie would have no hesitation to skip the island if given an opportunity to fly off. As for the local, it takes hard soul searching to severe his root to his homeland before he will fly off to an unknown fate and destiny.

Sinkie has been "sheltered" for such a long time that they never really known what competition means. I have been to many places and I have seen the deep hunger in the people from the other countries for knowledge and skill , for ideas and innovation, for leadership on all fronts.

When foreigners come in and work together with us, we become afraid that we may lose out. We never learn the reality that no one owns us a living. It is the same for the foreigners who come to Singapore to work. Imagine if you were to emigrate to another country to strike out on your own. How do you handle it ?

We have to take all this in the right stride and upgrade ourselves if we have to so as to stay relevant to changing expectations and needs.

Last edited:

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For goodness sake, the pappies should be smart enough to keep only law abiding foreigners who can contribute to the economy and make life better for sinaporans, not those foreigners who came in to wallop taxi drivers and locals as and when they are buay song.

When foreigners are allowed to walk free and hang loose in the country after getting court convictions for offences committed, pretty soon the country will have more foreign felons living and working in sinapor than any other country in the world.

Agreed. The law has been tightened to handle it better. The MFA has persistently gone on and pursued the case of the one diplomat who flouted the law and brought him to justice.

And if you look at Little India today, after the riot incidence, the place looks peaceful despite the usual stream of crowd. The Indian foreigners are also looking healthier and well-mannered with less alcohol consumption. This has also helped to raise productivity where they work.

Last edited:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sinkie has been "sheltered" for a long time that they never really known what competition means. I have been to many places and I have seen the deep hunger in the people from the other countries for knowledge and skill , for ideas and innovation, for leadership on all fronts.

When foreigners come in and work together with us, we become afraid that we may lose out. We never learn the reality that no one owns us a living. It is the same for the foreigners who come to Singapore to work. Imagine if you were to emigrate to another country to strike out on your own. How do you handle it ?

We have to take all this in the right stride and upgrade ourselves if we have to so as to stay relevant to changing expectations and needs.

The deep hunger you are seeing,the thirst you are seeing,u are all mistaken.that is the smell of desperation,the smell of fear and death.the roar of hungry immigrants u are hearing?that is sound of a thousand starving lions rats and hyenas,all wavering and waiting for the moment you falter,you fall over before swarming upon your body feasting on your flesh and dead stinking corpse.

I have seen over a hundred documentaries about china on youtube.it is a mad max world out there,it doesnt matter how hungry you are how thirsty you are,it is a unfair world,it is a world of exploitation.there the rich gets insanely richer,the middle class is almost non existent and the rest the poor are living in caves,breaking up stones and rubble for scrap,or one of the thousands of zombies behind sewing machines,in conveyor lines,living 8 to a cubicle,poor destitute,with no recourse,no way out,no opportunities,no hope no future.the government does not give a shit about them.

Have u seen a sight where a entire village of 600 people standing on a dirt road on a afternoon clapping,cheering and playing the dong dong chiang with welcome banners welcoming you because you bought $75,000 worth of cheap cabinets from them?to these entire village you are their god,you are the center of their universe.they live on next to nothing except dirt,chickens ducks and vegtables,making cheap cabinets for foreigners is all they have.

If u have the opportunity to get rich where you are do it now and do it fast cause its a mad max world out there and no one is going to save u.

Last edited:

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The deep hunger you are seeing,the thirst you are seeing,u are all mistaken.that is the smell of desperation,the smell of fear and death.the roar of hungry immigrants u are hearing?that is sound of a thousand starving lions rats and hyenas,all wavering and waiting for the moment you falter,you fall over before swarming upon your body feasting on your flesh and dead stinking corpse.

I have seen over a hundred documentaries about china on youtube.it is a mad max world out there,it doesnt matter how hungry you are how thirsty you are,it is a unfair world,it is a world of exploitation.there the rich gets insanely richer,the middle class is almost non existent and the rest the poor are living in caves,breaking up stones and rubble for scrap,or one of the thousands of zombies behind sewing machines,in conveyor lines,living 8 to a cubicle,poor destitute,with no recourse,no way out,no opportunities,no hope no future.the government does not give a shit about them.

Have u seen a sight where a entire village of 600 people standing on a dirt road on a afternoon clapping,cheering and playing the dong dong chiang with welcome banners welcoming you because you bought $75,000 worth of cheap cabinets from them?to these entire village you are their god,you are the center of their universe.they live on next to nothing except dirt,chickens ducks and vegtables,making cheap cabinets for foreigners is all they have.

If u have the opportunity to get rich where you are do it now and do it fast cause its a mad max world out there and no one is going to save u.

The Chinese's instinct for survival and hunger for success are the same since time immemorial. Today, we are not talking about the poor Chinese. The Chinese have progressed well over the centuries. They are now rich, well educated and well travelled. These are the knowledge-skilled and articulate Chinese that we are competing against.

Whenever I go for business trips to China and US, I can't help but feel a sense of anxiety for Singapore.Deep down in my heart, I am afraid we are not hungry enough for deeper knowledge and skills to compete with the rest of the world. We are not aware that others are overtaking us in ideas and innovation. Worst, the day may come when we wonder who has moved our cheese. By the time we realise it, it may be too late.

Last edited:

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
You see these foreigners working as bus drivers, waitresses, construction workers, maids. That's because you happen to frequent the places where these jobs are seen. And yes, the jobs are done by mostly foreigners and rightly so because Singaporeans are highly educated. They are working at higher value add jobs like accountants, engineers, educationists, bankers, lawyers , doctors, medical researchers, business owners and entrepreneurs.

There will always be a certain % of low wage workers that we need the foreigners to backfill the slack as Singaporeans move up the value chain.

Have you been to CBD ?

I am always at CBD. A lot of foreigners

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
There are large parts of land in the west and north areas that are not built up for residential and commercial yet.

Hehehe... I presume you're indicating that NS is a bloody waste of time and we don't need those training areas :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Regardless, Singapore is fucking overcrowded, 4000 folks per squared km is crowded already.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Stupid question. Low corporate tax.

If I were to give you a score for your answer, it will be 1 out of 10.

Corporations when they plan to invest in other countries will normally do what we called a PEST analysis covering the strengths and risks of the country.

Singapore has consistently ranked tops in the area of political stability, law and order, strong economics and financial regulation system, skilled labor force and good infrastructure.

Last edited:

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's precisely why I'm bent on voting the PAP out, we need the forested areas.

I can see why... :smile:

20130314.164535_shinmin_arrest.jpg

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
If I were to give you a score for your answer, it will be 1 out of 10.

Corporations when they plan to invest in other countries will normally do what we called a PEST analysis covering the strengths and risks of the country.

Singapore has consistently ranked tops in the area of political stability, law and order, strong economics and financial regulation system, skilled labor force and good infrastructure.

Its PESTLE. Those are basis analysis they do and many companies do not choose those that top PEST chart. They are not key determinants. The key to a selection of a country is the size of market and how much potential it has in the generation of revenue, which Singapore does not have.

For a market like Singapore, companies usually select it as a HQ because of low corporate tax rate.

Please do not sprout nonsense if you dont understand.

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
This govt does not act in the best interest of its citizen.

Here is why: to get to current population levels many jobs over the past 10 years have been stolen from locals and given to F Trashes reducing many PMEs to poverty levels driving taxi & cleaning toilet - to mention some.

To achieve 10 million population, all local jobs must go to F Trashes which means our children & grandchildren's future is bleak like hell AND yet papigs continue to push hard to achieve 10 million. Does this irresponsible govt deserve to be re-elected? They have stolen our jobs and continues to do so....... do we need a traitorous govt.???????

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
do we need a traitorous govt.???????

... and dumb like arse holes...which country in the world would train and arm foreigners (the so-called volunteer corp) who might one day turn their guns on sinkies to stage a coup?

Even the USA, the most liberal and freedom loving country in the world, does not train and arm foreigners on its own soil. They only trained and armed foreigners to kill among themselves in Afghanistan, Iraq, South America, etc.

In these days of radicalisation, you never know when a foreigner volunteer might want to use his military training and weapon to kill sinkies.